https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Disneyland Paris  (Read 5733 times)

Offline jman

Disneyland Paris
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »
Anyone ever been before???  I've never been to disneyland.. always seemed a tad gay...

However I have just booked a hotel in Marne La Vallee (its about 15 minutes walk from DLP itself) for 2 nights in August... taking the missus there for her birthday..

Still got to book travel arrangements.. just wondered if anyone knows if it will be better to eurostar it straight to DLP or ferry and drive there... I'm favouring getting a ferry, I think it will be cheaper overall but not sure I'll enjoy the drive very much.. never driven in france before so wouldnt know, but its a 3hr drive according to google.

My eyeballs nearly burst when I saw the price for entry to DLP too.. £51 is the cheapest.. per person per day.. so over £200 for 2 days there for both of us..I think I'll leave them for another payday  ;D

Offline bealec

Re: Disneyland Paris
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »
Ive been but it was like 10 years ago. It's changed loads since I've been. I cared more about the roller coasters then the Disney crap.

Offline larry

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
You'd never catch me going there, dirty french hombells >:(

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »
Anyone ever been before???  I've never been to disneyland..

Don't bother. Over-priced and not a patch on the real thing. If you can't go to one in America, spend your money on something else.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:35:38 PM »
Save yourself a fortune and buy her a pair of slippers and a vibrator - if she doesn't like the slippers she can go and fnarge herself :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
Thanks harv.. no offense but when was the last time you had a woman?? lol  ;D

Don't bother. Over-priced and not a patch on the real thing. If you can't go to one in America, spend your money on something else.

Good-oh!!  Cant afford a proper holiday this year, we are going to Florida next year, so I'll be dragged around that one too... I think I might just buy one days worth of tickets for DLP and then spend the other day in Paris and see the sights.. I've never been, so there'd be plenty to do.

The hotel I have booked is right next door to an RER station (one stop from DLP).. so still unsure whether to drive or train it...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »
Went many years ago and thought it was OK - nothing special. You could see all that's worth seeing in a day.

Paris, on the other hand, is an amazing city. If you do decide to check it out you must visit the Louvre (Musee du Louvre) - entrance fee is only 10 euros and it's a beautiful building full of incredible art! If you're a romantic you could take the missus for a boat sight-seeing cruise down La Seine and then for dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant, I believe it's around 70 euros for a meal. ;)

I want to live in France one day!

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 06:33:01 PM »
I agree with ancelotti, well other than living in France ;)

I would bypass DLP and explore the great city of Paris. Been plenty of times and only scratched the surface, done all the tourist stuff....Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, blah blah blah....

But what I really loved, was all the family owned Bars or Restaurents that were reasonable priced, you just had to have patience finding them......

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »

Thought you'd already gone to PSG.  :P
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »
Went many years ago and thought it was OK - nothing special. You could see all that's worth seeing in a day.

Paris, on the other hand, is an amazing city. If you do decide to check it out you must visit the Louvre (Musee du Louvre) - entrance fee is only 10 euros and it's a beautiful building full of incredible art! If you're a romantic you could take the missus for a boat sight-seeing cruise down La Seine and then for dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant, I believe it's around 70 euros for a meal. ;)

The more I think about it, the more spending a day in Paris sounds better than going to DLP for 2 days.. think thats what im going to do.. and funnily enough I just got a email from the hotel with the most popular things to do in Paris.. and the Cruise, Louvre and dinner at the Eiffel Tower were all on there.. so will probably do something like that.. cheers!   :D

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »
They now have 3DS consoles at the Louvre 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
Dlp is great for kids but not so much for adults. For example space mountain 2 is one of the best rides but if it is very busy expect to queue for an hour for a 2 minute ride.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 10:49:52 AM »
Had to book it in school holidays as she's a teacher... but its at the end of the holidays for both english and frenchies so Im hoping it wont be that busy, especially as the day will be a tuesday.. well I hope anyway.

I booked the eurostar a while back - £59 return - cant argue with that  :D

Offline jman

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
Well it was busy.. insanely busy... so much so, that I doubt I'd ever go back in the school holidays ever again! 

90 minute queues for most rides, the fast pass system is a god-send.. but it was so busy that some fast pass tickets werent valid for like 4-5 hours after you had got them.  We did 3 rides in the first hour.. then about 4-5 more rides in the next 9 hours.. thats how fast the place fills up.  I have to say though.. Space Mountain : Mission 2 - awesome roller coaster... definitely in my top 10.. even better when some annoying french kid got off the ride sobbing her eyes out - HAH!  Tower of Terror is not a patch on Dr Dooms Fearfall at Orlando Island of Adventures in terms of shit-ya-pants-scary.. but the theming on the ride is amazing!!  I hate free-fall rides personally.. but I always seem to buckle and do them anyway!

I didnt like Paris to be honest.. too many rude people... its like London in a way, too touristy.  The Eiffel Tower took 3 hours to get from bottom to top (and thats by elevator).  Its a stupid bloody system, and they could learn a few tricks off us and our landmarks.  How about some kind of booking system!!  I would of walked up it, but didnt fancy it in 32 degrees heat with no breeze and a fairly heavy rucksack.  Did a trip down the Seine too, compared to the Thames river cruise which I have also done, I found it a bit crap to be honest, overcrowded, noisy and no live commentary.

Did manage to find a nice little french cafe on the last day there, enjoyed a few french ciggies, beers and snacks.. and found an Auchan on the way back, so loaded up on some goodies to bring home.

Had a good (but exhausting) time, but like someone said, america is the real deal, cant wait for next year.