https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Jacket Spuds  (Read 3297 times)

Offline harv

Jacket Spuds
« on: March 02, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
I've been getting into Jacket Spuds for the last few weeks. Hadn't had any for ages and passed them in Tesco, a bag of them for 2 quid. Pretty good going.

I'm a bit of a boring git with Jacket Spuds, just butter (actually low fat spreadable stuff, might have Flora Light in the fridge I think) and grated cheddar, extra mature.

How do you like yours..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

Re: Jacket Spuds
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:00:59 AM »
Please tell me you bought regular potatoes, and not some pre-prepared jacket potatoes...

I haven't had a jacket tatie as a meal (or main part of a meal) in decades, but we often have little ones with our dinner.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »
Of course they were proper potatoes, those ready made things are for people with more money than sense.

I don't have the patience to do them in the oven though, it's microwave all the way for me. Slap them in for 7 or 8 minutes, turn them over and another 7 or 8 minutes. Mash the butter in with a fork, grate the cheese over them and bung them in for another minute to melt the cheese. Job done. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:21:59 PM »
Heh, I've bought the frozen pre-packed ones before.. they are pretty shit.. but good to take for lunch to work and still healthy and they are still a potato!  Just pre-baked and frozen.

I'm pretty good at making them myself though.. even better than my missus  :o
Poke each one several times - 7 minutes in the microwave.
Then slap on baking tray and I use some low fat olive oil to spray onto them - stick it in a pre-heated oven (200 degrees) for about 50 minutes - 1hour.... and voila... perfectly cooked and crispy as fuck jackets!

I don't particularly like any kind of butter.. I don't eat it at all.. but margarine is just horrible harv.. makes me wince just thinking of it... you know, margarine is not even yellow.. its a sludgy grey when its first produced and they bleach and colour it to make it look like a natural butter colour.

Anyway, I'll usually just have low fat cheese on mine with beans..  but given the choice, chilli con carne would be the answer everytime.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 09:19:01 PM »
Oops, my bad. It's Clover Light not Flora. :)