https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Gee Gees  (Read 49291 times)

Offline styles

Re: The Gee Gees
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »
The amount of effort suggests you are not as far from being able to work as you think  ;)
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:48 AM »
This is over a considerable amount of time, it's a case of good days and bad weeks unfortunately. When having a good day I'm able to function but bad days I'm not. Used to have good days and bad days but things have gone downhill considerably since my best mate passed away just over a year ago. If I could find an employer that is quite happy with me not going into work for weeks at a time I'd be sorted. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »
As would we all. I hate going to work.
Beats the alternative, though. (Just.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »
I'd love to be able to work again :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »
I went part time a couple of years ago, 3 days a week, to accomodate studying again. Though I'm also doing voluntary work one day a week.

Broke now but definitely happier. I really could do with going back full time though as things are getting a bit tight, but also want to get an MSc and PhD done while I'm part time. Unlikely I'll get a decent research post for a PhD at my age.

Trouble is I don't think I could face going back full time in a job I don't like. As long as interest rates stay low during my MSc at least, I should be okay. A decent pay rise wouldn't go amiss. Not had one for two years now and costs are really going up. Travel costs to work are now taking 15% of my take home salary.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
Even part-time work wouldn't be suitable for me unfortunately. That would be reliant on me being fit for work on specific days and times, and I don't know how I'm going to be feeling from one day to the next. Depression is crippling unfortunately. I have days where I think I'd be better of dead, days where I can't face doing all of my injections, days where I have problems eating, days where I can't leave my flat and days where the trouble I'm having with doing my injections and eating properly are putting me in danger of going into a coma, I'm having 2 or 3 hypos per week on average that make me lose consciousness. :-[

I had a nervous breakdown in 93 and looking back I've had problems with depression since I was a kid, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy tbh.

Haven't felt up to doing any bets today using the Maverick system, will see how I'm doing during these next few days.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 09:27:30 PM »
I've had depression (though you never really shake it) and was on prozac for a while. To a degree you can control it and making life changes improved mine, which involved a change of career (my employer along with severe family problems were a major cause) and going back to uni. It's not easy but you can make changes that improve things for yourself. So I do appreciate the problems of depression and am far more sympathetic to the condition because it is truly horrible and if you've never had it you can't possibly understand it, but at some point you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and deal with the problems. Unless you do it will never improve.   

My problem is that I become homicidal not suicidal when suffering with depression (that's homicidal, not homosexual, don't get excited Harv). I worked with my doctor's son, I think that's why he signed me off work sick in all honesty, because my doctor has also seen me in the ring (that's boxing ring Harv, again don't let your tendencies confuse you - perhaps I should have just said he's seen me fight). He was the doctor in attendance at one of my fights and had to revive my opponent.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »
Aw ffs, Lmfao. I've just made a HUGE cock up and lost £220 worth of my betting profits lololol. I put 50 quid on a draw for the Athletico Madrid match tonight and laid the draw for Athletico Madrid B by mistake!!!! And the fuckers drew lololol. Oh well, haven't lost anything really as it was all profit lol ;D

Have still got another 500 quid or so worth of bonuses to take advantage of so no reason to panic lol :P

Edit: Make that £820 lol :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:08:42 PM by harv »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 03:33:52 PM »
Feeling lucky after winning £30 after getting Baines as anytime scorer last night. Got a cheeky little tenfold on for this week. £20 returns £130k #YOLO

Fulham @ 15/8
Wigan Athletic v Fulham
Everton @ 8/5
Swansea v Everton
Inter Milan @ 5/6
Inter Milan v Rubin Kazan
Newcastle @ 15/8
Maritimo v Newcastle
Bristol City @ 8/5
Peterborough v Bristol City
Brighton @ 8/5
Watford v Brighton
Schalke 04 @ 13/8
Olympiacos v Schalke 04
Arsenal @ 5/4
Montpellier v Arsenal
Porto @ 10/11
Dinamo Zagreb v Porto
Benfica @ 23/20
Celtic v Benfica

Offline Late

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
lol - good luck. I love a good high-odds accumulator :D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
Five of my tenfold have come in tonight!  ;D Just Benfica, Inter, Newcastle during the week and Fulham & Swansea at the weekend.

Would have won £1500 if I'd stuck just the five on tonight... wish I wasn't so greedy.

Offline jman

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00:16 AM »
LOL... you put £20 on a tenfold bet.. nutter!  Good luck.. at least your half way there!

I sometimes put a few quid on a 6/7/8 way accumulator (saturdays Prem games) each week instead of doing the lottery... usual return is anywhere between £200-£800...

...the way I see it is, why waste money on the lottery when the odds are so gimped... although I havent had a winner yet... I've had 6 of 7 come in once.. and was one goal short of winning around £400... not a nice feeling when that happens..  >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
I don't bet much these days - probably only about 3 fivers a year - but I used to have a bet on the Premiership most weekends. I'd usually bet on 8 matches, staking 15p on 28 sixfolds, 8 sevenfolds and 1 accumulator. Total cost of bet £5.55. (Yeah, I love the 555...)
Potential winnings varied massively from week to week, of course, depending on the odds of the teams I was betting on, but typically you were looking at around £50-£200 if six came in, around £500-£2,000 if seven came in, and around £5,000-£20,000 if all eight were correct.

Never once got all eight, or indeed seven, but I got six out of eight right about once a season. I think that in every single instance Boro were one of the two teams that let me down (don't ever bet on your own team in an accumulator!*).
I can't adequately convey the frustration and mixed emotions of collecting about £80, knowing it would've been about £800 if the team you love could have held on to their two goal half-time lead against ten men instead of throwing away two points and £720 of my money...

*Especially if they're a bit crap.

Offline Late

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »
Benfica @ 23/20
Celtic v Benfica
Unlucky, bud :(

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
Leaving your best striker on the bench until the 70th minute... well done Benfica!  :'(

Oh well, always next time.  ;D