https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Stand-up  (Read 10547 times)

Offline jman

Re: Stand-up
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »
Lee Evans new tour (Monsters) for 2014 gone on pre-sale this morning, you can buy them if you follow this link - http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/zy1aov - I think Im gonna wait until they actually go on normal sale (which is Monday).. I hate going through ticketmaster personally.. the seats I was offered weren't great and I would of had to pay £10 in charges/postage alone.

Offline jman

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 07:45:21 AM »
Saw jimmy Carr last night, it was great, longest stand up I've seen though, no warm up and it went on for 3 hours - great stuff!!  So weird though, he actually makes you want to heckle him because his comebacks are so so funny. Pretty much 75% of his jokes hit the spot for mel but it was the audience participation observations/putdowns that were the best bits imo.  Thoroughly recommend!!

Also convinced the missus to go see Areal O'Hanlan in November (Father Dougal) - cant wait
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:47:05 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
Russell Brand tickets on sale tomorrow morning for his new tour, I think I'll be buying a few.. I do like his stand up, although he usually annoys me on chat shows and other stuff

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 09:43:14 PM »
Russell Brand tickets on sale tomorrow morning for his new tour, I think I'll be buying a few.. I do like his stand up, although he usually annoys me on chat shows and other stuff

I wouldn't pay to listen to Brand, if he played in my front room,.............. in fact I would chuck him out. 8)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »

He's on question time next week.  :-\ ???
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 08:46:11 AM »
Well, never got to see Ardal O'Hanlon in the end.. something more important came up on that date.. shame really because I was looking forward to that.

Russell Brand was absolute shite.. in fact I was uncomfortable in my seat for the last 20 minutes so just left the missus watching the rest, I just went to get the car ready to leave.. I wasn't bothered.

Saw Russell Howard last week doing his Wonderbox tour, it was good, not as good as his first tour.. there didn't seem to be much of a theme.. just random gags.. mostly about poo and stuff (as usual)

Watching Miranda tonight at the BIC.. really not looking forward to it at all... its a bit of a bitch of a journey as well..

Realised the other day aswell that I'm not going to be able to make Lee Evans this year as I'll be in New York - booked our sodding holiday over the top of it.. another shame because I love his stand-up.

Dawn French doing her first solo tour this year.. missus has asked me to get some 3 tickets for her and her mates - go on sale in about 15 minutes.. £41.50 !!! Fuck me - that's a bit steep for a evenings entertainment!!

Offline jman

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 10:47:19 AM »
Been a while since I've seen any comics.. but went to see Dara O'Briain last night.. been wanting to watch him live for a while.. but don't think he's been touring for nearly 3 years now.

I had watched his last tour "Craic Dealer" on DVD.. to be honest, I didn't think much of it... but his new tour "Crowd Tickler" is pretty good, there are some quite good laughs in there.. you have to concentrate though.. he talks so flipping fast, its easy to switch off for a second and get totally lost in what he's saying. 

Think we must of been in a "special" section of the theatre though.  There was a guy in front of us whose laugh was just plain weird.  Like an asthmatic sealion.. not just that.. he bounced on his seat as he laughed so hard.. that went on all night.  But my poor missus got sat next to someone with very bad B.O. (and no, not me), the guy next to me bought two strong black coffees and I hate the smell of coffee.. it makes me feel very nauseous.. but he just sat there for 30-45 minutes not even drinking it.. until he just downed it.. who the fuck downs coffee ?  It pissed me off no-end.

We are off to see Jimmy Carr again in April (same theatre).. although for some reason, my missus thought it would be a good idea to get front row tickets... I hope she gets slaughtered lol.