https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 13375 times)

Offline jman

Wimbledon
« on: July 04, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »
Let Murray mania commence lol, anyone watching it?  Thought Murray was great against ferrer tonight, tsonga in the semis, should be a cracking match, will be Federer in the final I reckon though

Offline harv

Re: Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »
Meh, tennis is a middle class poof's sport. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 10:47:05 PM »
If only you weren't lower class!!

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
Working class and proud of it mate, despite not being well enough to be able to work at the current time.

The difference is in the names of meals a bloke eats during the day. A working class man such as my good self doesn't do lunch - breakfast, dinner and tea. A middle class person has breakfast, lunch and dinner.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »
Meh, tennis is a middle class sport. :o

Only middle class and upper class in this country because of the cost of playing it and getting decent coaching. That is not the case in most other countries where they have decent coaching schemes and sports sholarships.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:43:35 AM »
Working class and proud of it mate

LOL.. you have to at least be working to be working class.. because you've been unemployed for such a long time and depend on welfare benefits.. under a classification.. you're actually lower class.... not that class bothers me in the slightest... your the one who brought it up.. anyone can enjoy WATCHING Wimbledon IMO.. and I wasnt talking about playing tennis as a sport anyway... just enjoying watching it  ::)

So I take it no-one else is watching it then.. Im not a big fan of tennis personally but have enjoyed watching some of the matches so far.. keeps me occupied whilst there is no footy or ice hockey to entertain me.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »
I love tennis. Don't mind playing it, but prefer badminton. Has been a good Wimbledon with the usual shocks. Azarenka v Serena Williams today is going to be a cracking match. Well worth a watch.

Murray at his best should have enough to make it to the final, but anything less and Tsonga might be too much for him. Tsonga's so powerful and extremely fun to watch because of his unpredictability. Djokovic is my favourite to win but I'd love to see Federer take his 7th title and match Pete Sampras on that count.

BTW Harv - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRS_social_grade - you're below working class for the time being.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:53:23 AM by ancelotti »

Offline Late

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »
I find it hard to enjoy a sport if I don't have someone to cheer on, and I'm patriotic so it'd have to be someone English.

So that's tennis ruled out, then.

(I'm surprised at the number of people who support Murray, as the British hope, as he's always made it abundantly clear he hates the English.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »
I love tennis. Don't mind playing it, but prefer badminton. Has been a good Wimbledon with the usual shocks. Azarenka v Serena Williams today is going to be a cracking match. Well worth a watch.

Murray at his best should have enough to make it to the final, but anything less and Tsonga might be too much for him. Tsonga's so powerful and extremely fun to watch because of his unpredictability. Djokovic is my favourite to win but I'd love to see Federer take his 7th title and match Pete Sampras on that count.

BTW Harv - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRS_social_grade - you're below working class for the time being.  ;)

It certainly isn't dependant on the skill level of people or their employment status. You can be long term unemployed but still remain middle class. The fact that I've been too ill to work for quite a while doesn't stop me from being working class at all.

Cricket and Rugby are also middle class sports imo.

Personally couldn't care less if Murray wins the thing or not. To say I'm not a big fan of sweaty socks would be a major understatement lol.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
(I'm surprised at the number of people who support Murray, as the British hope, as he's always made it abundantly clear he hates the English.)

Absolutely spot on. Hope he does his usual and fails miserably.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline bealec

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »
COME ON TIM!!!!

Offline jman

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »
Cricket and Rugby are also middle class sports imo.

And football isn't ??  Certainly football started as a working class sport... as soon as the Premiership started though its become increasingly middle class and now moving into upper class... as a self proclaimed "working class", football mad male.. how many united games did you actually make last season.. or was it too expensive to make any??  Lets face it, if it wasnt for tv - you wouldnt see united play at all.. non league football could be identified as working class.. you probably dont see any of that either.. you support the biggest upper class team there is in the premiership.. and then refuse to watch other sports simply because they dont relate to your social class!!

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »
The main problem with seeing United is getting hold of a ticket, and tickets to see United are very reasonably priced. And the crowds interviewed before matches are overwhelmingly working class people. ;)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
Come on Federer. You better not let England down in the final lol.

(I used to be happy for Scotland to do well in world cups etc, but got so fed up with so many Jocks being anti-English with things like their "anyone but England" that it's no longer the case).

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:30:35 AM by Dragontao »

Offline jman

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »
Murray looked OK in the first set.. but then Fed took over.. he beasted him.. Murray just looked tired after that 2nd set.