https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 13366 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: Wimbledon
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »
Typical British player, no stomach for a fight when it was needed. Once Federer started to get on top you could see the determination drain from Murray, lack of self-belief and mental strength.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »
First time I entered the ballot for Wimbledon at the end of last year.. received a letter yesterday saying I was successful and that I have two tickets for centre court on 24th June this year (2nd day) if I want them.  My mum is a massive Wimbledon fan and her birthday is a few days afterwards - I told her last night and she was ecstatic as she has failed in her ticket applications for like the past 10 years or something stupid like that lol ... well chuffed with that..

I knew you can get tickets a day before the game if you are quick off the mark.. but not having to give short notice to work and being able to plan in advance is great.

Offline jman

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 09:43:07 AM »
So went to Wimbo yesterday.. was good.. weird to watch a sporting event in silence though lol..

Got there early and watched a set of the match between number 10 seed Kei Nishikori and Kenny De Schepper... it was such a mismatch.. De Schepper is 6ft 6 and Nishikori 5ft 8 .. lol.. I tell you what, De Schepper can fucking smash his serves though.. he was averaging around 135mph on his first serves and Nishikori was struggling to return any of them... but then a lot of them weren't accurate enough... as it was, Nishikori won in 3 straight sets.

But we went to centre court after the first set...

Saw Lisicki win in 2 straight sets.. she looked bloody good actually.. plus she's quite hot  :o.. I'd tip her for another final appearance.
Saw Nadal beat Klizman - although Nadal lost the opening set.. thought we were in for a decent game.. but he pretty much dominated after that..
And saw Serena easily outclass her opponent in 2 straight sets.

They had another game on after Serena.. but I was bloody knackered.. the seats at Wimbo are so uncomfortable after sitting in them for an extended period... plus I knew it would be much busier trying to get out of London later on.

Would go back.. good experience.. bloody pricy though.. and full of toffs.

Offline jman

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »
Stuck a fiver on Federer to win this years men's singles... Nadal just looks so shit on grass.. got let off again yesterday I see.. Federer is as cool as they come.

Also stuck a fiver on Lisicki.. bit of an outside bet at 16/1 - Serena looks quality this year - will be tough to beat.

Offline Late

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »
Nadal's not looking too impressive again today.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 03:30:01 PM »
Yep, Nadal got lucky against Rosol... he's lost the first set in each of his 3 games so far.. its only a matter of time and he'll get dumped out... he plays so boring aswell.. takes about 25 seconds just to serve for each point.

Just watched Lisicki get through to R4 after beating the 11th seed.. 6-4, 3-6, 6-1.. she just seems to completely up her game on grass - so I'm happy with my bet even if she doesn't win it... Serena has already been knocked out so there's a good chance for anyone this year.

Offline jman

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »
Lisicki through to the QF.. just... she made so many errors today.. she'll be playing Halep in the next round, should be an awesome match, Halep is 3rd seed.

Federer is absolutely destroying Robredo at the moment, so he should be through too  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 07:59:58 AM »
Told you it was only a matter of time before Nadal went out.. losing to an ozzie teenager.. great match though.. path is clear for Feds to reach the final.. just has to beat Wawrinka and he should make it

Offline jman

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »
Lisicki just screwed that up.. 4-1 up in the first set and looking really good.. then proceeded to lose the next 11 games to lose 6-4, 6-0  ;D ;D  Terrible serviing and too many mistakes cost her.. but Halep was great when she got going... Feds on centre court later against Wawrinka.. should be a great match.

Offline Late

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 04:27:35 PM »
Bye bye Murray
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »
Yeah he played shit.. deserved to lose I reckon.

Federer looking good for the semi-final.. 2-1 sets up and winning 4-2 in the 4th set  ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »
Bye bye Murray

Back to being Scottish.  ;D
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »
Gutted as I was planning on putting bets on Lisicki and Bouchard before the tournament to win outright but completely forgot. Now it looks as if Bouchard will win it, she's playing some great tennis.

Offline jman

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
Omg, Feds has just bought the match to a 5th set after being on the brink of defeat a few times... Epic game!  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
Stan James got a bet £10, get £10 free offer on at the moment... was going to do £10 on both mens/womens tournaments.. so that'll do me.

Going for Feds again this year.. Murray is overrated and Djokovic odds are complete pony...

Not going for Lisicki though.. she makes too many mistakes.. I don't get my free bet credited until Monday, but I'm thinking I'll go with Halep - 20/1 for the world number 3.. can't be a bad bet.