https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 102031 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Bargains
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
Yep I'd agree with Late. Wait for SR3's price to drop even more. It's not a patch on 2.

Offline Late

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2013, 11:16:30 AM »
Dishonored has just dropped to £18 (the price I had it at in my pricewatch list), at Game and Amazon.
Decisions, decisions.
I think I'll leave it for now, and put it back on the pricewatch at £15, as my backlog of games is too big, but that's a great price for a fairly new and very highly rated game.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »
Meh, you'll be much better off getting Far Cry 3 instead.. cheaper, and IMO - way more immersive...if that doesnt win Game of The Year at the upcoming baftas.. I'll eat my hat

Offline jman

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »
If anyone wants a zavvi 10% code - 3469-63EE-410E - needs to be used by midnight tomorrow

Havent shopped at zavvi for a while.. and would of used it for some game pre-orders... unfortunately the shitty terms & conditions rule that out -

Discount code excludes electronics, computing, consoles and pre-orders and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers e.g. multi-buys. Discount code is valid until midnight 26th February 2013

Offline Late

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2013, 04:07:03 PM »
Loads of bargains at play.com today. They've started to wind down stock. (I'm sure most of you know already, they're ceasing to trade as a retailer in a few weeks' time - Play will be a marketplace only from 1st April.)

Half tempted to get (xbox360) Lego Lord of the Rings, which they've just cut from £36.99 to £18.49 (cheapest elsewhere is £23), but my backlog of games is already too big.

Naturally, the offers aren't just on games - there's some great deals on blurays and other goods. I bought the Apes Evolution boxset today (all 7 films on bluray for under £16 - yes please!)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/play.com
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
Some good prices on xbox "games on demand" at the moment. Sale is for one week only.

GRID is getting a lot of love at £2.69.

HUKD thread

Full list of games that are discounted (prices/discounts not yet known for most, at time of posting):
Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham city
Bioshock
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Brotherhood (Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood)
Call of Juarez
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Code Veronica
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements
Dead Island
Dirt 2
Dishonored
El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron
Fable III
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 New Vegas
GRID
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Kane & Lynch Dead Men
Left for Dead 2
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat vs. DCU
Orange Box
Portal 2
Raccoon City
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Red Dead Redemption
Revelations (Assassin’s Creed Revelations)
Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition
TC’s H.A.W.X.
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
The Darkness
The King of Fighters XIII
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Tomb Raider Legend
Virtua Fighter 5
World at War (Call of Duty: World at War)

Offline Late

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
If anyone wants a zavvi 10% code...

Thanks Kieron.
Was supposed to have expired, but I've just used your code now (to bring Sleeping Dogs down from £14.99 to £13.49).

Offline Late

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »
PS Vita (wifi version) pre-owned at Game for £105.99.
Link (Use code "REDHOT" to bring it down from £109.99 to £105.99). Comes with a 12 month warranty.

HUKD thread

Offline Late

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2013, 11:57:03 AM »
Tomb Raider for £28.67 at Zavvi using code.
(Code isn't supposed to be for preorders so there's a chance of orders being cancelled.)

The game is looking fantastic, and early reviews are giving very high scores - but I get the impression this is one of those games that'll drop in price pretty quickly, so I'm going to wait.

Offline Late

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2013, 09:26:07 AM »
Have had Max Payne 3 on my watch list for a while now - target price £10. Lowest I've seen it go is £12.85.
Available today (digital download) from xbox live for only 520msp - which is about £3.70 assuming you buy 2100msp for £15.
Must remember to buy that tonight...
If you don't have any points you can pay £4.49 for it, which is still a great price.

Left4Dead 2 is the same price. Quite enjoyed the first, but didn't play it very much. Great price, but I'll give that one a miss.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:46:15 AM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »
Have had Max Payne 3 on my watch list for a while now - target price £10. Lowest I've seen it go is £12.85.
Available today (digital download) from xbox live for only 520msp - which is about £3.70 assuming you buy 2100msp for £15.
Must remember to buy that tonight...
If you don't have any points you can pay £4.49 for it, which is still a great price.

Left4Dead 2 is the same price. Quite enjoyed the first, but didn't play it very much. Great price, but I'll give that one a miss.

It was a tenner from blockbusters back in November - I did post about it  ;) - £3.70 is a great deal though.. get on it - Im trying not to buy any more used games though - I want to finish my backlog before next-gen.

Definitely interested in buying a spare 360 console now if you do see one at a great price.. £20 from GAME was just insane.. but I'd be interested in anything sub £50 (as long as it comes with a year warranty).

Offline Late

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »
It was a tenner from blockbusters back in November - I did post about it  ;) - £3.70 is a great deal though.. get on it - Im trying not to buy any more used games though - I want to finish my backlog before next-gen.

Definitely interested in buying a spare 360 console now if you do see one at a great price.. £20 from GAME was just insane.. but I'd be interested in anything sub £50 (as long as it comes with a year warranty).
TBH I was hoping to get it brand new for £10 (was tempted by it second hand at that price when you posted, mind). Getting a digital copy for under £4 will do me nicely though.

I should be able to log into xbox.com and buy it now, then have it automatically download when I turn the xbox on tonight, but I've tried that with games before and it wanted to download them to our upstairs console instead (despite my profile being on the downstairs one) - which is no use to me. Probably just need to update my console registrations on xbox.com or something, if I can be arsed.

Will keep en eye out for a s/h console.
Arcade and Premium are both still showing as £20 and £60 respectively on Game's website but both are out of stock. Might be worth checking once or twice a week though on the off chance. (Not sure if the £4 discount code is still going - look for it if you happen to see the premium is in stock and you can go £56.)

I'd been thinking I should finish my backlog before next gen arrives, but lately I'm leaning more toward leaving it a while before getting the new machine. Maybe enjoy one last year of cheap games on the 360 while the ps4 and nextbox establish their place in the world. There'll be better prices, more games, and more importantly it should be more clear which console would better suit me - including better info about their capabilities, and their problems.
But I want one in launch month, though! You made me wait last gen - don't do it again!
Shut up. Internal voices shouldn't be typing on forums...

Offline Late

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2013, 02:06:33 PM »
Quote from: simonepoppy
[Max Payne 3 is] 160MSP if you are in Switzerland. You can change your region through Xbox.com. I used an old silver, changed to Swiss added points, There are a few price discrepancies. Max Payne 3 is 160MSP, MGS2+3HD is 400MSP for the bundle. Peacewalker is 400. L4D2 and Orange box both 400. Civilization is 920 though.

If you change to Swiss you need to wait 3 months to change back which is why I used a silver to download but ill play on my main account.
Blimey. Max Payne 3 for about £1.15 now, if you don't mind fannying about with your account settings...

Offline harv

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
Apparently Asda have knocked 50 squid off their Wii Us. Basic for £199 and the Premium for £249. You're probably better off getting the Premium SKU because of the extra storage, charging dock for the GamePad and the 5 quid vouchers you get when earning enough points from eShop purchases.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »
A day or two after Zavvi stop selling the Wii U Premium for £225 (and nobody being interested) you post Asda's price of £250 as a bargain?...
 :\

Apparently Asda have knocked 50 squid off their Wii Us. Basic for £199 and the Premium for £249. You're probably better off getting the Premium SKU because of the extra storage, charging dock for the GamePad and the 5 quid vouchers you get when earning enough points from eShop purchases.
I'd argue you'd be better off with the core model, actually. The extra storage isn't really a factor, as you're going to need an external HDD whether you go for the 8gb model or the 32gb one (especially if you're using the eshop enough that the discount scheme comes into play). The charging cradle isn't much of a factor for most folk, as you can charge fine without it.
So it comes down to whether you want to pay £50 for "Nintendo Land", and a few other fairly insignificant bits and bobs.

Actually, scratch all that. I'd argue you're better off doing pretty much anything with your £200/£250, as the console's crap - and if you wanted the Premium you could've had it at pretty much any point in the last fortnight for £224.99 from Zavvi.