https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 102009 times)

Offline harv

Re: Bargains
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »
Well I've downloaded 4 demos (FIFA 13, Rayman Legends, NBA 2K13 and Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate), Sonic Racing Transformed as a DD title, The Cave, Trine 2, Zen Pinball 2, Chasing Aurora, Mighty Switch Force, Nano Assault Neo, Puddle, Tank!Tank!Tank! and two VC games (Balloon Fight and F-Zero) and I've still got 8GB left. And that's after the strange firmware update that whips away 5GB of storage. I'd love to know what was going on under the hood during that update, it's bloody huge. My money would be on the system using some of that as swapspace in an attempt to negate the RAM difference, but who knows..? Won't be a lot of use for developers needing fast access RAM but will be a godsend for open world games like Fallout or Skyrim.

And the black console looks miles better too. The white disc light keeps on throwing me though, looks like there's a bright outside light source reflected in the top left hand corner lol.

Didn't realise Zavvi had it cheaper, just thought I'd share the deal. ;)

If you're going to get one you might be better off getting one in November, I can see them knocking 50 dollars off the price, although of course that doesn't mean we'll get it 50 quid cheaper over here because we always get shafted over here. It should be profitable by then so they can afford to drop the price and continue to make a small loss on each unit sold.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »
There's another system update today, btw - but only 30mb.
But we're off topic now...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »
Yup, downloaded and installed that last night :)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »
Will keep en eye out for a s/h console.
Arcade and Premium are both still showing as £20 and £60 respectively on Game's website but both are out of stock. Might be worth checking once or twice a week though on the off chance. (Not sure if the £4 discount code is still going - look for it if you happen to see the premium is in stock and you can go £56.)
Premium looks like it's back in stock.
If you want one I'd be quick - doubt it'll be in stock for long.
Discount code is "REDHOT" for £4 off a >£20 spend. Not sure if it's still valid.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
£20 for a games console is insane lol :o ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2013, 08:32:17 AM »
Will keep en eye out for a s/h console.
Arcade and Premium are both still showing as £20 and £60 respectively on Game's website but both are out of stock. Might be worth checking once or twice a week though on the off chance. (Not sure if the £4 discount code is still going - look for it if you happen to see the premium is in stock and you can go £56.)
Premium looks like it's back in stock.
If you want one I'd be quick - doubt it'll be in stock for long.
Discount code is "REDHOT" for £4 off a >£20 spend. Not sure if it's still valid.

I've set up a stock alert for the £20 ones now - so hopefully next time its on, I'll be able to get one...
I think if I dont have one by next month - I would settle for the next best price.. but if I was going to pay £60 for a premium - I might as well get a preowned slim for £85 instead... so thats the plan.

Edit : Actually scratch that - I just remembered the slims hard-drives aren't compatible with the older versions - and that would be important as I would be moving hard-drives between console regulary.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:12:08 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »
Damnit. Bought Sleeping Dogs less than a fortnight ago, for £13.49. It's now available to download from xbox "games on demand" for £8.99 ;)

Great price, great game. Get it if you don't have it already.

Offline Late

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
Cheap consoles reported at some branches of HMV.

HUKD thread

120GB PS3 Slim = £65
4GB Xbox = £65
Xbox Arcade = £30
Xbox Kinect = £35 with game

As with most HMV deals recently, stock is sometimes hard to find.
Had a look in Middlesbrough branch about a week ago, and there was very little left in the electronics section.

Offline jman

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »
Well I've downloaded 4 demos (FIFA 13, Rayman Legends, NBA 2K13 and Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate), Sonic Racing Transformed as a DD title, The Cave, Trine 2, Zen Pinball 2, Chasing Aurora, Mighty Switch Force, Nano Assault Neo, Puddle, Tank!Tank!Tank!

Thats not a demo mate.. thats nintendo's new sales projections in regards to the Wii U

Yes it did take me a month to think of that - so what   :P

Offline harv

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2013, 12:42:15 AM »
It's actually the second F2P game available for the Wii U so can't technically tank cos it's free lol :P Quite good fun too as it goes, certainly great for local multiplayer ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is now £13.49 with a code at The Hut. Definitely worth picking up. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
Peggle for PC can be had for free here:
https://uk.shop.popcap.com/campaign/redeem/index/cid/4/

Likely only for a limited time.

dealspwn

Offline Late

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2013, 10:51:10 AM »
It's deals like this that have me considering PC gaming next gen rather than console...

eBay
Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, and Hitman Absolution digital download bundle for £4.99. (farcry is uplay, t'other two are steam.)

Offline jman

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »
Free Live games - Toy Soldiers and The Maw.. I just downloaded them both... but you best be quick on this one..

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-xbox-arcade-games-live-trials-frito-lays-1512584

Just press Back on your browser after you select the first game to get the code for the other game - awesome.

Edit : Use any old zip code - but I used 34230
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:22:55 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2013, 03:05:17 PM »
Cheers :D
Have already got The Maw (not a fan, personally, despite loving other games from the same team) so have just got a code for Toy Soliders (have played the trial version - was okay, but wasn't tempted to pay for it).

I used zip code 90210... ;)