https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 102097 times)

Offline Late

Re: Bargains
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edn £14.86 at ShopTo.net (xbox360 + ps3).
I imagine most of you will have played it already, but if you haven't here's your chance.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:57:24 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
Assassin's Creed III is £13.00 @ GAME on ps3, sbox360, and wiiu

Edit - 360 version has been in and out of stock.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:57:10 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:24 PM »
Skyrim Legendary Edition is £25.85 on xbox 360 at simplygames.com
(Same price for ps3 but currently OOS).
£30 elsewhere.

Offline Late

« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2013, 10:42:24 AM »
"Defense Grid - The Awakening" will be "free" to download for xbl gold members for the next two weeks.

I loved this game.
Solid tower defence gameplay, without being overcomplicated. Very nice graphics. And a computer voice (delivered by Jim Ward) that's up there with GLaDOS at the top of the pile.

(Actually, GLaDOS features in a DLC pack for the game. Didn't rate that pack, personally, but that's by the by...)

MajorNelson

Offline Late

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »
A few nice new reductions on XBL Marketplace, starting today, including:
Assassin's Creed III = £8.99
Borderlands 2 = £.8.99
Far Cry 3 = £8.99
Crysis = £4.49

As is often the case, you can get them cheaper if you pay by points, depending on how much you paid for your points; and some can be had much cheaper if you create a Hungarian account on your machine (e.g. Borderlands 2 is approx. £3.00, and Crysis is approx. £1.50)
(Why Hungary I don't know.)

majornelson
hukd

p.s. Lots more deals coming later this week including the following games (details as yet not known):
Bioshock Infinite
Forza Horizon
Gears Judgement
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
Witcher 2
X-com: Enemy Unknown

EDIT:
hukd thread about Hungarian xbla deals including full details on how to set up your account and the best deals currently available.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:42:33 AM by Late »

Offline Late

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
I set up a Hungarian account for my 360 yesterday. There's been so many great games at great prices this week.
I called the account "HungryLate" ;)

Didn't put any points onto the account. There were a few games I was half interested in yesterday - they're doing new deals every day this week - but none that I HAD to have.
Was tempted by Witcher 2 for 400msp (£2.85) until I realised I have the game sat in my unplayed stack (yeah, there's so many games in the pile now that I've lost track).
Half tempted by Forza Horizon for 600msp (£4.30), and Left4Dead 2 for 400msp (£2.85) but neither is a "must-have" for me - though I'm still tempted by both as those prices are ridiculously low.

XCOM for 880msp (£6.30), Orange Box for 160msp (£1.15), Hitman Absolution for 400msp (£2.85), Lego Batman 2 for 400msp (£2.85) and Lego LotR for 600msp (£4.30) are all fantastic deals, but I already have them all on disk.
In fact I bought XCOM, LOTR, and Hitman in the last 2 months on disk, and paid £43 for the three of them. All three were great deals - the cheapest they've been available. Until now. Would've cost £13.45 to buy digital copies of them all yesterday!

Todays Hungarian deals (today being the last day of the offer - but they'll likely still be available over the weekend):
Hitman Absolution - 400pts
Tomb Raider - 1480pts
Bioshock Infinite - 2680pts
Gears of War : Judgement - 2400pts
Metal Gear Rising : Vengence - 1800pts
XCom: Enemy Unknown - 880pts

Have got 4 of those 6 on disk, already, and the prices (whilst still good) aren't as crazy as the last few days' deals, so I guess my HungryLate account is going to lie dormant for the forseeable future.

All £ prices are approximate, based on buying 2100msp for £15.00, which seems to be the going rate in the last year or two.

Offline jman

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2013, 12:35:55 PM »
Oooh Lego LOTR for £4.30 sounds good to me.. undecided on Lego Batman 2 - I didn't really like the first one that much.. is the second one worth getting?

I probably should of picked XCOM this gen.. but probably wont have time to play it now...

Ahh shit.. I just realised, Im not going to have hardly any time to get on the xbox tonight.. can you do any of this account setting up online do you know late ?  Scratch that.. I've just read the destructions.. although can I download my hungry account to my xbox from the pc.. I don't think I can, can I ??
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:59:14 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Nope.
You can set up a HU email account, and use that to set up a HU xbox account, all on the pc, but you then need to import the account onto your console before you can add any points or make any purchases, and that means being on the console.

It's largely moot anyway, as they're all daily deals, and the Lego Batman (which is completely different to the first one - it's about 50% open world sandbox stuff - similar to the Lego Harry Potter games, except those were more like 10% sandbox) and Lego LotR (also about 50% sandbox) deals were a day or two ago so probably* aren't available now.

*I won't say they definitely aren't available, as a few offers that are supposed to have ended have either stayed up for a few days or have been up and down several times. For instance Orange Box is still up at 160msp (which is a truly outstanding buy - but I think everyone has it already) but that was supposed to have ended 3 days ago.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:25:11 PM by Late »

Offline Late

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »
Bit of a strange one, this.
GTA:5 for £4.97 when you trade in two games at gamestop.com
We see that sort of offer from time to time, and it's always a couple of pretty new games you need to trade in. On this occasion, however, they're accepting some old games. There's a list of 200 games they'll accept (and they've said they won't change that list), and quite a few of those games can be had for less than a tenner - a few could be had for less than five quid if you're lucky.
So you're potentially getting GTA:V for a net cost of less than £15.
That's assuming you don't want to just use old games you have lying around. I have about 8-10 of the games on the list just gathering dust, including Lego Indiana Jones 2 (last played 27/06/2011), GTA4 (last played 29/05/2008), and SR3 (last played 06/03/2012).

How it works is you place an order now, and you authorise a payment (but payment isn't taken).
In September they'll send you the game and an envelope, and will take the full price from you - £39.97.
You put a couple of old games in the envelope and send them to the company and they'll refund you £35.00

I believe in the old credo "if it's too good to be true then it probably is". But this all looks legit, and I've had some fantastic deals by taking a small gamble, so after umming and ahhing about it for a while, I've now gone for it...

More details:
gamestop
hukd

Offline jman

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
Or Tesco have it on pre-order for £34.99 using code TD-PW9T at checkout... although you will have to pay for it, there and then.

Link

I've already pre-ordered GTA 5 and NHL 14.. my last two purchases this gen.. although I might cancel my GTA 5 pre-order and go with the Tesco one if its still available next month.

Regarding that list late.. I have 3 of the games.. although one is selling on ebay right now....but they also have GTA 5 on the list to trade in ... for GTA 5.. ?? lol

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
Thanks for posting, Late. That's an excellent deal if they keep their word. I've gotta find one of the games on the list for a decent price but I've got GTA IV already from years ago.

Offline Late

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
....but they also have GTA 5 on the list to trade in ... for GTA 5.. ?? lol
Noticed that, Lol

Offline Late

« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2013, 04:40:25 PM »
One for the PC gamers amongst you...
Tomb Raider collection on Steam, including the new one £11.24
Fantastic price for ten games.

steam
hukd

Offline Late

« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
Xbox360 - some of the best deals currently available on the Hungarian marketplace:

Assassin's Creed - 400msp
Devil May Cry 4 - 400msp
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies - 600msp
Resident Evil 5 - 400msp
Devil May Cry HD Collection 600msp
Asura's Wrath - 400msp
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom - 600msp
Super street fighter Arcade Edn - 600msp
Child of Eden: :600msp
Splinter Cell:Conviction - 600msp
Assassins Creed:Brotherhood -600msp
Call Of Juarez:The Cartel - 600msp
Driver:San Francisco - 600msp
Sniper:Ghost Warrior - 600msp
Metal Gear Solid:Peacewalker 600msp

Could be tempted by a couple of those, but I've too many games already - I want to reduce them, not add to them.

Offline Late

« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2013, 02:44:44 PM »
Leaving PS Plus:
31st July: Battlefield 3
31st July: Catherine
31st July: Malicious
31st July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (VITA)
31st July: Unit 13 (VITA)

Entering PS Plus:
31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
31st July: Mafia 2
31st July: Spec Ops: The Line
31st July: Lego Lord of the Rings (VITA)
31st July: When Vikings Attack! (VITA)