https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 102013 times)

Offline Late

Re: Bargains
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2013, 11:34:12 AM »
game.com currently have a promotion offering £5 off a £50 spend. Nothing unusual there, except it applies to gift cards - and that's extremely unusual.

So if you put £50 worth of GAME vouchers in your basket then use the code VCUKJUL132 it'll cost you £45. You can do it repeatedly as a guest without logging in, and you're fine to use just one email account.

Net effect is around ten percent off nearly everything. e.g. you could pay £315 for a ps4 (buying £350 vouchers), or pay £390 for an xb1 (by buying £400 vouchers for £360, and paying the rest cash)

hukd
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
Another great (Steam activated) pc deal...

Deep Silver/Humble Bundle will let you pay what you want for:
Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row 2
Risen 2 Gold Edition
Sacred 2

If you beat the average (currently £3.23) you'll also get SR3's DLC, and Dead Island GOTY.

humblebundle
dealspwn
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2013, 01:36:30 PM »
Game have Resident Evil Revelaitons for the PS3, 360 and Wii U for £19.99. The PS3 SKU is currently out of stock though. The best Resident Evil game released in years, pisses all over 5 and 6 and is more of a typical Resident Evil game than 4 for you purists out there.

You'll probably end up getting it for around 16 quid or so with Flubit. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »
Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Looks like Flubit have taken a big backhander from Amazon and starting tomorrow they're only taking demands from Amazon.co.uk. Terrible decision, Amazon rarely have the cheaper deals on stuff like video games and Blu-Rays so I can't see myself using that site again. :'(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2013, 02:28:15 PM »
Am giving it a test run. Rocksmith 2014 is available on Zavvi for £27.98, the cheapest deal online. Amazon have it for £39.99 lol, so I'd need a deal with more than 25% off just to match the Zavvi deal. I can't see this ending well... ;D ;D ;D

With the old Flubit I'd probably end up getting it for less than £25 quid. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2013, 07:54:09 PM »
Nope, didn't end well at all. Got back an offer of £35.24 which is probably at least a tenner more expensive than the offer I would have got from the old Flubit. Bollocks, it was good while it lasted I guess :(

Offline Late

« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
Another cracking PC deal -this time on Origin...
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/humble-origin-bundle-sims-3-battlefield-3-dead-space-3-more-ess-1631695

https://www.humblebundle.com/?originbundle

Pay $1 or more to receive all of the following:
Dead Space 3 - Origin for Windows
Dead Space - Origin & Steam for Windows
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - Origin & Steam for Windows
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Origin & Steam for Windows
Medal of Honor - Origin & Steam for Windows
Mirror’s Edge - Origin & Steam for Windows
Pay any price to receive:
The Sims 3 Soundtrack
Battlefield 3 Soundtrack

Beat the Average Price (currently approx $5) and get:
The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin for Windows/Mac
Battlefield 3 - Origin for Windows

Offline harv

« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »
Nice! Not bad for 67p lol :P

Cheers for that late! ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2013, 07:53:36 AM »
Played/Owned them all already  :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »
I bought them, even though I don't do pc gaming and my computer might struggle with them. And I don't have Origin. Or Steam. Must look into those at some point.

I assume that if I set Origin/Steam up at some point in the next couple of years I'll have a few games ready to play.
Is it just a program you download, that lets you access a library - which has hundreds of games, and a few of them I'll now have free access to by putting codes in?

If I never play them it's a little bit of a waste, but at £3.33 I've not exactly broken the bank. I've paid a lot more for single games that have sat unplayed on a shelf for years.

Over $3m in sales in the first 14 hours. 2 weeks to go.
Apparently more games will be added to the bundle next week, btw.

Offline jman

« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »
I assume that if I set Origin/Steam up at some point in the next couple of years I'll have a few games ready to play.
Is it just a program you download, that lets you access a library - which has hundreds of games, and a few of them I'll now have free access to by putting codes in?

They are both just dashboards to a store and your own library of games you own through them.  Inputting a code will tie the games to your account, so you can log into your account from any pc and re-download the games if you need to at any time.  I log into my steam account at home and work.. so I can play my full set of games at both locations.

Offline Late

« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2013, 10:31:16 AM »
Thanks Kieron.
I'll get it set up this weekend, and redeem the codes in case they have an expiration date - than download them when I'm ready to play them.

Offline harv

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »
The first Witcher game is available on Steam with 75% off, and It's the Enhanced Edition whatever that means lol. Can't go wrong for £1.75. 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2013, 01:10:47 AM »
Reminds me - I really must get Witcher 2 played. It's been sat on that shelf for bloody ages. Witcher 3 is out soon.

Offline Late

« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »
EA have now added "C&C Red Alert 3: Uprising" and "Populous" to the bundle - if you've beat the average donation - which is a shade under $5.

So approx. £3.30 will now get you Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Crysis 2, Burnout Paradise, Medal of Honor, Mirror’s Edge, The Sims 3 (with 2 expansion packs), Battlefield 3, Red Alert 3 Uprising, and Populous.
Outstanding!

Little surprised they didn't add Dead Space 2, mind...