https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Rocking Soccer  (Read 76377 times)

Offline Stato1

Re: Rocking Soccer
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2014, 03:31:15 AM »
Looks like it's back up
Leeds Legends FL1 Champions Season 32

Stato Leeds Again Moved To 1-1-4 While Rebuilding

Offline Chili

« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
I made a user today and got through the basic tutorial and stuff. I'm just wondering how I get new players? And what should I look for in a new player (any specific attributes/traits)?
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline ipfreely

« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
You can only buy players in the transfer windows; there's one at the end of the season plus a shorter (I think) one mid-season which ended a few days ago.  The season is 52 days long so I guess it's about 3 weeks away!

I'd just concentrate on developing your facilities and sorting out the best tactics with whatever you've got.  Oh, and once you're friends with some of us, if you wouldn't mind buying tickets to our games (they're free to you) we'd be most grateful ;)
Wasting away the hours since 2005
Teams: Little Thursbury and Chipping Maston (littleleaps)

Offline ipfreely

« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2014, 07:28:57 PM »
Friend added  :)

Just checked out your team; your strikers are brilliant for level 4 so you should do well this season - well in your remaining games at least.  ::)  General tactic is to gradually replace your players with youngsters and train them up but you'll need better facilities, and therefore quite a bit of cash to do it.  Oh, and try http://sundayleague.freeforums.org/index.php where you can find some tips on how to get going.

Enjoy  :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:30:28 PM by ipfreely »

Offline Chili

« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »
Cheers! Currently upgrading my training facilities to level two. And I was trying to find the feature to buy tickets for your next game but couldn't find it :-[
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2014, 10:46:05 PM »
Easiest way to find tickets for the next games I find is to click on the division of the team you want to buy tickets for, go to the results tab, then click on the numbers below for the set of fixtures. The ticket icon will show next to the games you can buy tickets for. This way you can sometimes buy tickets for two games ahead as well.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Chili

« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »
Oooh, thanks! Weird that they didn't make it easier to access, probably wouldn't have found that by myself for a while.

Won my first game today, fairly satisfying even though I couldn't begin to explain how it happened. ;D Are there any AT options I haven't found yet? Can't seem to find any other than formation change and substitution options.
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2014, 08:41:18 PM »
Advanced tactics are fairly limited at the moment and not a lot that can change the actual game in play, only the sub options.

I've found it's good to play pressing at home, but you risk more cards if you do so away. Bear in mind that it's more draining for players, so those who have low endurance may be affected for the next game or be at risk of injury.

It's important not to just concentrate on primary stats (e.g passing). For example, defenders, particularly DCB, benefit from at least two balls of blocking and good tactics as well. For an attacking MF, good tactics seems a must.

Initially concentrate on getting good strikers, a decent defender to play DCB and a goalkeeper with as good a blocking stat as you can get (but with fairly good speed and at least 1.5 balls for tactics.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline davo

• Marching on Together. Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #368 on: June 21, 2014, 07:05:36 AM »
The game is more about building up your team's abilities and picking a winning formation than the SL Rock-Paper-Scissors engine.

My top tips for new starters is:

Money is the Key to everything at the start so:

• Get rid of your highly paid players. If they are under 32 (and will be by the start of the next transfer window 5/7/14) then you might want to try and sell them. It is likely that they will only get bids from computer-run "botteams" and will go for 1/3 of their value. If they are over 32 just move them to reserves and sack them.
  • Once you have finished the tutorial, only upgrade your Stadium and nothing else until you get a level 3 stadium. Don't bother upgrading your training/youth centres just yet. You will not get any decent players anyway and it just costs you money in maintenance costs.
  • Once at level 3, upgrade your fanshop to level 2 so that you can increase your fanbase and get income from merchandise.
  • Don't bother buying any players. They will not be any good, just keep churning them out of your low level youth centre.
  • Upgrade to level 4 stadium as soon as you can get it. Once you are here you can start to think about building the rest of your facilities.
  • Save up enough cash to upgrade your training complex  and Youth Centre to level 5 (so about a couple of million dollars)
  • Once you have the money, upgrade Training to L5 and then Youth to L5.
Popularity increases your wealth:

• Advertise your matches on the forum and make sure you get 10 people per game buying tickets from you, that have never bought tickets from you before.
Once you have L5 youth and training, build up fanshop and catering to a level where they are still making you more money than they are costing, Heath (to Level 3 only) and scouting to L5 - but always make sure that you have enough money to upgrade your stadium as soon as you can.
About now you should think about buying players that are going to be good for the future (so 16-18 years old with talents of 4 and above).
The above is how I would do it if I started again. I built things too early. A level 1 youth / L2 Training will cost you $232K per season. A level 4 youth / Level 4 Training will cost you $869K per season meaning that it is going to take you much longer to save up for facilities and players. Most of us make the mistake of buggering up the finances with facilities that don't give us a great deal of benefit - and buying players that are better than what we have, but end up being surplus to requirements and unsaleable as their value gets too high for their stats.
Join the previously mentioned forum and check out the "financial calculator" spreadsheet in the Australian league thread. It will allow you to work out easily the financial implications of upgrading your facilities.

Anyway, you might choose your own way of doing things, but that is my $0.02

Offline Stato1

« Reply #369 on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »
As Davo says it's all about money and fans early on and the best way to make money is your stadium so always upgrade it as soon as you can and your fan shop

Try and watch all your home matches this gives you 20% more fans to your home games you can change the time of your home games to a time that best suits you to watch them by going to Team Settings then Time Preferences it costs 2/3 credits

Vote for credits every day and try and watch your away games and U21 games these give you credits these are useful at the start not so much later on

Get an U21 team as soon as possible

At the start of the first Transfer period you can loan 3 players try and get a good Striker and GK in only loan players that are a lot better than the players you've got

Stato

Offline Stato1

« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
Also read all the Help files they may all sound strange to start with but after a month or so read them again and every things a lot clearer

As for players

Speed is good for Strikers and Goalkeepers

Power is good for Defenders and Midfielders

Talent is important to all players as you will get more Experiance everyday so you can train them faster

When you buy Young Players I like to train them up to 3 balls in there main stat and then 2 balls tactics

Or as your players get better 4 Balls main Stat then 3 balls Tactics (2 balls Tactics for Keepers you don't need any more)

When your players get to 4 Balls Main and 3 Balls Tactics then you can train other things

Blocking for Central Defenders
Scoring for RB and LB (not so much now after ME changed)
Dueling for Defensive Midfielders
Scoring for Attacking Midfielders
Dueling for Strikers

Offline Chili

« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2014, 05:54:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice, guys. ;D I wish I had known to invest in a stadium first, short on cash now and won't even be able to upgrade to level 2 for a while. :-[ I should probably try to sell my top striker once the transfer window opens before he becomes useless.

And how do I play pressing? :o I haven't found that feature yet...
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Stato1

« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
When your setting a line up for a match just below Formations it says Advanced Tactics click on that and this screen comes up

Tackles   
Passing   
Shooting   
Flank   
Corners   
Penalty taker   
Direct free kicks   
Corners right   
Corners left   

Then you can change tackles to Pressing Normal or Easy

Offline ipfreely

« Reply #373 on: July 01, 2014, 11:35:49 PM »
Well given that freeforums is down thought I'd post on here  ::)

Well done Brads in still being on for free membership in the prediction comp!

Hard luck to the Spurs who are relegated but congrats to The Pussycats on replacing them in League 2!

Bloody ticket link not working is annoying me tonight - might have cost me a few quid :(

Offline davo

• Marching on Together. Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2015, 07:25:18 AM »
I accidentally clicked on the link for Sundayleague forums instead of Rocking Soccer, so I figured I'd have a bit of a mooch around.

Seems like there is not much happening on here these days, but all credit to Catgames for persevering with it - unlike the rest of the games they used to own.

Rocking Soccer is still going pretty well.

There are quite a few current and past SL managers on there who have been playing for almost 2 years now and most seem pretty happy with it - most notably in Australia where we have 9 SL managers.

So, if you are bored of the limitations of Sundayleague and fancy a different challenge, try Rocking Soccer out. I am not encouraging you to quit Sundayleague - most of us still have teams on here, but come and try it out. It is vastly different to this. There are 5,600 active players on there. The game is very usable without the need to pay - but most of us still buy credits (probably because we enjoy playing the game, rather than because you are wheelclamped if you dont - like here and moreso SL2).

To join up either click this link:

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/invitation?ref_id=15812&chk=3166a549b2

or just go to http://rockingsoccer.com and join up.