https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683658 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3570 on: July 12, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »
Lol... I'm pretty sure your computer would of caught fire if that was indeed the correct reading.

128 degrees is usually the max value so I imagine the sensor is faulty or the software is not reading it right, you could use hw monitor, or check your bios mobo settings prehaps

Offline harv

« Reply #3571 on: July 12, 2016, 09:30:21 PM »
How the fuck has your CPU not burst into flames..? :o

That can't be right :-\

Maybe that's a Fahrenheit temperature despite the C..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3572 on: July 12, 2016, 09:35:07 PM »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #3573 on: July 13, 2016, 01:35:05 AM »

Well I don't understand much of what I'm seeing, but those figures look a lot more reassuring.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:48:05 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3574 on: July 13, 2016, 02:38:56 AM »
Yup, that's much better!

Ideally you want around 30 degrees idle and around 70 under load (like when playing a game or running a benchmark or stress test).

My CPU is at around 80 under load because I'm running Project CARS without a discrete GPU (aka a graphics card), so my PC is coping with both game processing and graphics work. Might have get FRAPS going tomorrow to see what sort of framerate I'm getting. I'm not getting 60fps but it's certainly over 30 by the looks of things, although I'm well out of practice judging framerates by eye having not worked in the industry for so long.

Very impressed by my 6700K so far, particularly the iGPU.

Once I get my 1080 in there it should eat every game out there for breakfast, including VR games. 8)

Haven't been well lately so my Day Of The Triffids game hasn't really been started yet. I've done 2 very simple front garden wall models so far, without textures, but that's it. I've been a bit better today so will try and see if I can do some more models tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

Offline harv

« Reply #3575 on: July 21, 2016, 11:30:36 PM »
Have had a little break from Elite Dangerous but am back to it now. Going to be doing a bit of bounty hunting for a bit and will then have a go at mining.

The Federation and the Empire are on the verge of war at the moment. Currently I'm on friendly terms with all 3 powers in the Milky Way, I've remained an independent trader so far, doing missions for anyone that's got the cash but if war breaks out I might join up with the Empire...legal slavery FTW :P ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3576 on: July 22, 2016, 04:21:01 PM »
Frontier have made some adjustments to the AI in the game, nearly got my arse handed to me when I decided to pick a fight with 3 pirates in a wing. Ended up beating them all with just under 50% damage to my ship. Whoops lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

Offline Late

« Reply #3578 on: July 26, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »
An easier option, nay philosophy, is to not do drugs at all...  :| 
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3579 on: July 26, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »
Yup, that's exactly my philosophy lol 8)

But doing hallucinogens whilst playing that game in VR will send anyone directly to the Loony Bin lmfao :o ;D

Even without drugs those graphics will probably blow your mind though. Unlike the majority of indie games these days these two guys have developed their own engine rather than jumping on the Unreal or Unity Engine bandwagons that everyone else seems to be doing. Real old-school developers there.

Offline Late

« Reply #3580 on: July 28, 2016, 06:50:59 PM »

Offline harv

« Reply #3581 on: July 28, 2016, 11:44:03 PM »
Cool, thanks for that! ;D

Am trying not to buy any more games on Steam, I'm very proud to say that I didn't buy a thing from the Steam Summer Sale...but there's a couple of games there that I'm tempted by ;D :P

Offline harv

« Reply #3582 on: August 03, 2016, 01:11:03 AM »
Yup. I couldn't resist lol. I did so well during the Steam Summer Sale too!

I ended up spending 21 quid or so on 4 games - Pollen, Legend Of Dungeon, Amigdala and Omega Agent.

I've now FINALLY started work on my first VR game. Haven't been feeling up to it for ages because of my depression so I've taken advantage of having a good day today and started work on my first game.

My first game is going to be a survival horror type game, think Dreadhalls but with enemies you can kill rather than running away from them and set on a space ship in deep space. Have started a Dev Blog on a VR forum and will post a link to it tomorrow if anyone fancies taking a look every now and then to see how things are coming along.

Just started modelling the corridors earlier today. Have done a template with a floor, ceiling, left wall and right wall which I will use to model the corridors I need - straight, left turn, right turn, dead end and crossroads. The first one, the straight, got put together without a problem but the second one, a left turn, is causing me problems. The method I'm using to bridge gaps is leaving holes but I think I can sort that out by using a different program. Will have a look tomorrow.

Offline harv

« Reply #3583 on: August 03, 2016, 01:21:35 AM »

Offline Late

« Reply #3584 on: August 03, 2016, 05:22:18 PM »
Why do you need a left turn and a right turn? Surely they're the same object (as approached from different sides)?

Been playing "Life Is Strange" lately, on the xb1. Didn't know anything about it before I bought it, other than it was highly rated.
It's probably best described as halfway between Telltale's "The Walking Dead" episodic games, and the film "The Butterfly Effect" - and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I think I've played 3 of 5 episodes.

I'm also playing "The Legend of Heroes: Trails In The Sky SC (Second Chapter)". Really enjoyed the first game, and the second was on sale last week on Steam. Good old-fashioned JRPG with turn-based combat.

I've played a bit of Doom, too, and I'm quite enjoying it - but I'm just not drawn to it as much as I should be. Probably just not in the right mood for it at the moment, but it's very good. (My pc struggles with it a bit, but copes a lot better than I'd expected it to. I wouldn't have bought it as it's too high spec for my computer but I got it free when I recently bought a new monitor - and aside from loading screens taking an absolute age, everything works pretty well.)