https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Curry  (Read 8455 times)

Offline harv

Curry
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:43:07 PM »
Did myself a lovely Prawn Madras yesterday, a bloody great big pot of the stuff and it's lovely!

I love all sorts of curries - Thai, Chinese, Indian. Is there any nation's curries I haven't tried..? Do you like curries..?

What's your favourite..?

Mine used to be Vindaloo but I only have that when I know a particular Indian restaurant has a decent chef. It's very easy for a bad chef to be lazy and just throw a shitload of chillies in to make it hotter than it should be so that you can't even taste the unique flavour that Vindaloos and Madrases have.

Funny thing is that my ability to eat the likes of Vindaloo and Madras has gone downhill since I stopped drinking. Very odd. :-\

Prawn Balti is usually my curry of choice these days, prawns seem to soak up the spices better than Lamb or Chicken. I really like curried beef and curried goat too, the latter really surprised me. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

Re: Curry
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »
Not a big fan of indian takeaways personally... when I do go I usually end up with a biryani of some kind.. indian curries are so boring and the sauce makes them really fattening.

However I do love a nice Thai Green Curry... the thai/chinese restaurant which is about a minutes walk from my house do the hottest ones.. always get the curry sweats and shits after I go there... all good fun.

Chinese food is all about the starters + crispy duck for me.. the other courses are just not as tasty..

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
Like a Madras if I'm feeling hot or a Bhuna if I'm not.

Not really a fan of Vindaloo and never tried Phal. (supposedly the hottest)

If you haven't tried a Malaysian curry, I'd recommend one. Order some Satay too, love those things.

Offline jman

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 02:23:43 PM »
Do you know any decent indians in reading then kenny??... I only know one really.. Miahs in Spencers Wood.. its nice, but not fantastic.. its also expensive.. the lack of decent indians around here is part of the reason we never go out for one anymore... (also because my missus hates coriander - which is a massive pain).... But if you get the special biryani at Miahs, they put a fried egg and a whole banana in it - it sounds nuts but it actually works !  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
Never tried Malaysian curry before, might try cooking some...not got any Malaysian places in my area. Actually, haven't got many Indian places in Tottenham surprisingly enough. There's only one I can think of and that's literally miles away. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 03:47:04 PM »
Do you know any decent indians in reading then kenny??... I only know one really.. Miahs in Spencers Wood.. its nice, but not fantastic.. its also expensive.. the lack of decent indians around here is part of the reason we never go out for one anymore... (also because my missus hates coriander - which is a massive pain).... But if you get the special biryani at Miahs, they put a fried egg and a whole banana in it - it sounds nuts but it actually works !  ;D

Only decent one I know is Shapla Tandoori near Shinfield... Takeaway only but the food is decent. Bit pricey but like you say, there's a lack of decent Indian restaurants locally.