https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Pets..?  (Read 10045 times)

Offline harv

Re: Pets..?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 11:03:58 PM »
There's a railway line behind the pub. Not sure why but you always get rats near railway lines for some reason. The cats kept the rat population down, when the cat population went down the rat population went up...they even had a rat running across the bar floor at one point so they asked the CPL to bring back some of the neutered ones. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 03:03:01 AM »
1 dog - Irish Greyhound...We've owned greyhounds for a number of years now, and had 3 in total to date...1 was too old and had to be put to sleep, the other one had a chronic issue with arthritis and got to the point where he could barely stand, so again, had to be put down...Onto on our third and thankfully he's going strong.

I couldn't recommend Greyhounds enough...gentle, well tempered, soft and excellent value for money in a park or other big open areas for obvious reasons..It's a bit of a shame they're frequently overlooked as domestic pets, probably because of their size and gangly nature, but they're actually extremely good pets.

We have 4 cats too...1 is trooping along towards a good age now, but as bone idle as anything (has this nasty habit of suddenly turning vicious too sometimes...), another 1 is about half his age (6) and like Late's, has this unwelcome tendency to present it's hunting expeditions in either the kitchen or the garage...Common victims are mice and pigeons, but also been known to drag in frogs, other smaller birds of varying types and even a squirrel once. We also have 2 kittens who are almost a year old...They often playfight and get bullied by the other two though and eat like you wouldn't believe.

We also have a rat, but thats my brothers which he keeps in his room.

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:14 AM »
Kittens are very cool 8)

Georgie and Rufus play together now, took 9 months for Georgie Porgie to get used to the idea of having a bloomin great big Ginger Nut in the flat but now they get along fine. When they play together they alternate between play fighting and chasing each other around the flat lol. Quite funny to watch ;D

Might buy a greyhound when I win the Euro Millions, and a racehorse or two as well. ;D 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 08:41:27 AM »
Growing up with mum, we always had cats as she doesnt like dogs (had 8 cats at one point, 11 in total)... (George, Fifi, Samson, Deliah, Fluff, Pipsqueak, Jess, Rollo, Milly, Noodles and Ali-Biff)

They are all gone now though, she's just bought a grey kitten called Flo.. its about 4 months old now, completely bonkers and bloody vicious!!

My dad also had a lot of cats (Rijn, Eddy, Ella, Rosa, Oscar, Rousseau, Tyko and there is another one but I cant remember its name).. 4 of them are still alive now.

At the moment I personally dont have any pets anymore.... I definitely will get one when I move and unsure whether I'd like two cats or one dog

If we get a dog.. my top 5 choices are (Springer Spaniel, Bulldog, Dachshund, Beagle or a Dalmation).. although I've always wanted a springer, so it will most likely be that..

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »
There's a railway line behind the pub. Not sure why but you always get rats near railway lines for some reason. The cats kept the rat population down, when the cat population went down the rat population went up...they even had a rat running across the bar floor at one point so they asked the CPL to bring back some of the neutered ones. ;D

I think the "behind the pub" may give a clue. I can pretty much guarantee if there was no pub the rat numbers would decrease.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »
Are the greyhounds rescue dogs or retired racers Ross? My friend has retired greyhounds, his latest one had a brain illness and died in April, so he was off to get another one last Saturday.

I've always had border collies, intelligent enough to co-exist with my parrot, have to get them from pups though.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »

I think the "behind the pub" may give a clue. I can pretty much guarantee if there was no pub the rat numbers would decrease.

Nope, it's a weird thing with railway lines I think. We used to live in a house with a railway line not too far behind it when I was a kid and had problems with rats. I guess it must be due to people throwing food out of train windows..? :-\

Talking of greyhounds we had a dog that was part whippet and she used to run like the wind :o She used to wind up bigger dogs like dobermans, alsations etc and get them to chase her lol. Was great fun for her until she got older, lost a bit of pace and got her ear mangled the silly sod :( >:( Made her a bit more careful after that lol.

She was a lovely dog, Trixie. I was heartbroken when we lost her :'(

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 03:53:10 AM »
Are the greyhounds rescue dogs or retired racers Ross? My friend has retired greyhounds, his latest one had a brain illness and died in April, so he was off to get another one last Saturday.

I've always had border collies, intelligent enough to co-exist with my parrot, have to get them from pups though.

Yeah, they're retired racing dogs...The one we have at the moment actually broke his wrist slipping over during a race once, and would have been put down...They don't generally have a long life expectancy, because unless they can be homed, they're no use to racers anymore and just get sent away to be shot or hung...That's why we've always had Greyhounds...If you want a minimal hassle pet, but one you can still get alot of enjoyment from down the park or something, I can't recommend them enough...I'd rather one over some persistent yappy thing that you could easily mistake for a rat on a lead.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 03:56:31 PM »
We've one dog and one cat. The dog is an irish wolfhound we decided to rehome after he was taken from his previous owner for animal cruelty. He's big, but very docile and playful.

No idea what breed the cat is. Not a big fan of them anyway. Selfish bastards.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »
.They don't generally have a long life expectancy, because unless they can be homed, they're no use to racers anymore and just get sent away to be shot or hung...

The reason I will NEVER support greyhound racing in any way, they don't care about the animals any more than they do a piece of office furniture, and only as long as it's useful.

Offline harv

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
Christ on a fucking bike. Bought some Canadian Catnip from eBay, to say it's strong stuff would be a major understatement! Bought my two monsters a bloomin great big scratch post which they haven't used so covered it in the stuff and Georgie decided to rub her face against it a few times. She's now tripping her tits off lololol :o ;D