https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683361 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1980 on: July 27, 2013, 12:30:54 PM »
Define "must have".

Cos I can happily live without any of those.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1981 on: July 27, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »
Then you obviously have no taste whatsoever ;)

All of those games are fantastic, and it's likely that I'll be adding another 6 to that list before Christmas - The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, Donkey Kong, Wii Fit and Super Mario 3D World. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1982 on: July 27, 2013, 09:42:06 PM »
Fucking hell, I've just found a thread listing all of the custom songs that people have done for Rocksmith so far, there's nearly 2000 of them :o

Hope Ubisoft make 2014 just as easy to customise, but even if they don't I can always use Rocksmith 1 for my custom songs and Rocksmith 2014 for my legit ones 8)

These people have either got a great deal of patience or no social lives to speak of lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1983 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:35 PM »
I take it back about those people, it's a piece of piss to do with Guitar Pro tabs. You basically import a Guitar Pro tab and all the work is done for you. Will probably take a few hours to do my first one but after I know more about what I'm doing I reckon I could knock one out in less than an hour I reckon. Nice. 8)

Have got over 60,000 tabs altogether...gotta love BitTorrent lol :P

Offline Late

« Reply #1984 on: July 31, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »
August's freebies from Microsoft haven't been announced yet, but rumours abound that they're Crackdown and Dead Rising 2.

Oooh, finally a game I haven't played. (DR2. If memory serves I played the demo and wasn't that keen, but at £0.00 I'm in...)

MS might argue the free games thing isn't going head-to-head with Sony's similar freebies, and you can keep these rather than just "renting" them - but that's a weak argument and from the consumer's point of view the services are justifiably compared. And Sony's absolutely romping it while Microsoft keep putting out ancient games everyone played years and years ago.

Crackdown was a fantastic game when it came out. Six and a half years ago.
Meanwhile ps3 owners get Battlefield 3 and NFS: Most Wanted, amongst others...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1985 on: July 31, 2013, 02:24:58 PM »
There are runours that Microsoft are going to reannounce the One including cutting the price to match the PS4, have my doubts personally but they did a U-turn on the DRM so who knows..? :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #1986 on: July 31, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »
Where have you heard that?

Last week there was a rumour they would be bringing out a version without Kinect included, to bring costs down, but Microsoft flatly denied that straight away. (Fair enough, as they'd undermine everything they're doing if they brought out a version without it. Because every console includes the peripheral developers will factor it into every game in some way, but if it was an optional thing then most would likely ignore it.)

Offline harv

« Reply #1987 on: July 31, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »
Some dodgy web site lol, but Microsoft certainly need to do something drastic otherwise it's going to flop worse than the Wii U lol :P

Offline Late

« Reply #1988 on: July 31, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
I'm not sure about that. I'm probably leaning more toward ps4, but could easily go for the xb1 - and whilst Microsoft have picked up a lot of bad press lately I think their console will sell very well.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1989 on: July 31, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »
If MS cut Kinect from the bundle and release the XB1 at 349 I'd be all over it. As it stands I'm heading for the PS4.

Offline harv

« Reply #1990 on: July 31, 2013, 09:25:28 PM »
Blimey, another gimped game for the Wii U. Warner Bros. have announced that there's no online multiplayer for the Wii U SKU of Batman Arkham Origins. A real shame because the GamePad use in Arkham City made the Wii U SKU the definitive version for me personally. If it's the same price as the PS3/360 SKUs with half the game missing then Warner Bros. can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned, I won't get it until it's in the bargain bin. >:(

I don't play a great deal of online multiplayer myself but it's the principal of the thing. If it has less content than the other SKUs it should be cheaper to buy. If not then fuck them.

I was really looking forward to playing it too. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #1991 on: August 01, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »
Blimey, Morrison's are dropping the Wii U now too :o

Offline Late

« Reply #1992 on: August 01, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »
Funny but sad :(

Offline harv

« Reply #1993 on: August 01, 2013, 11:52:55 PM »
I've just slaughtered 67 Pikmin in one go with the first boss lol ;D :'( :'( :'(

Offline Late

« Reply #1994 on: August 05, 2013, 02:15:58 AM »
Despite having a big backlog of games, and the fact I played and completed Crackdown years ago, I took up Microsoft's offer to download it for free - and I'm loving it.