https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 202400 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »
Christ on a fucking bike, how big was that jar..?!!?!? :o

Might have to watch Taken if it's on Netflix or LoveFilm, have been meaning to watch it for ages.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2013, 01:07:23 AM »
Christ on a fucking bike, how big was that jar..?!!?!? :o

It was five plastic containers (the lids from 100 spindle packs of DVDs. Poured them into carrier bags, doubled the bags up hoping they wouldn't split. One of them still split, leading to me having to pick up a few hundred 1p coins from the Asda foyer. Glad it was late and not many people about.

The machine flashed up a message at one point that siad "my you have a lot of coins". I was only half way through at that point lol. The machine takes 11p in every pound, still easier than taking them to the bank though, especially as they get really shitty if you take too many coins in these days.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
Watched a German thriller earlier - Das Experiment. Amazing yet disturbing. 20 guys agree to sign away their liberty to take part in a  prison experiment where half of them play guards and half play prisoners for 2 weeks. I found it disturbing mostly because it's based on a real experiment that took place back in the 70s and had to be ended after 6 days due to the guards exhibiting sadistic behaviour... 8/10

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »
An episode of the TV series "Life" (the cop show with Damian Lewis) used the same experiment as the basis for the story.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »
Aye, a few shows have used that idea. I remember Life and Bones doing it, and I'm sure others have too. Have got the German film but haven't got found to watching it yet - but I know it's highly regarded.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »
Watched a film called Excision this morning. In two words "very strange".

Watched "End of Watch". It is indeed a very good film.

Started watching Compliance but apart from Dreama Walker being quite hot and naked, it's just totally stupid and completely unbelievable.

Offline harv

« Reply #381 on: January 06, 2013, 08:50:13 PM »
Blimey, I've just changed my DNS settings on my Wii U so that I could check out the US version of Netflix and it's a million miles better....so much more stuff on there!!! :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2013, 11:13:45 PM »
Definitely. I would never pay £6 a month for the UK content on Netflix, but change the DNS server to access the US content and it's incredible how much more there is. Last year I managed to watch every episode of Frasier and tons of Law & Order: SVU. Now I'm working through Cheers. Brilliant comedies (not L&O obviously!).  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
Yup, it's excellent. Had to restart my router because it was buffering like mental but it's all running smoothly now. I'm tempted to keep my subscription going because I like the fact that it suggests films to watch based on what you've been watching before, there's a load of films I've never heard of that have been excellent and I wouldn't have seen them otherwise. :D

Offline jman

« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »
Yeah, only about 10 years behind there harv.. amazon have been doing "Your recommendations" for donkeys years based on what you've watched or rated... I guess if you had actually purchased instead of downloaded, you'd of known that ;)  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »
Amazon did my head in when someone linked me to some scary clown pic on there (I'm scared of clowns), and for months afterward the site kept recommending loads of stuff clown-related.
(To be fair, you can probably remove stuff from your history or likes, but who can be arsed with that.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #386 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:58 PM »
I'm watching Limitless at the mo. Saw it when it was at the cinema I think, either that or I downloaded it years ago. It's a great film about a guy who bumps into his ex-wife's brother who's a drug dealer and gives him a pill that boosts his brain power. We only use 20% of our brain and this pill lets you use the other 80%. ;D

Definitely worth watching 8)

Offline Momo

« Reply #387 on: January 07, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
Django Unchained.

This is a screener, catch it while it's hot.
This is a good Tarantino effort, but a bit of an arse nipper at 2hr 45min.

Offline styles

« Reply #388 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »
I'm watching Limitless at the mo. Saw it when it was at the cinema I think, either that or I downloaded it years ago. It's a great film about a guy who bumps into his ex-wife's brother who's a drug dealer and gives him a pill that boosts his brain power. We only use 20% of our brain and this pill lets you use the other 80%. ;D

Definitely worth watching 8)

Great show. You didn't see it years ago in the cinema as it is fairly recent
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #389 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:56 PM »
Limitless was pretty good. Would go watch it if they made a sequel.

Watched a thriller called Das Leben der Anderen last night (The Lives of Others). About a guy working for the secret police in 1984 East Germany. Started off slowly but the second hour was gripping. Definitely worth a watch. 8/10