https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 202400 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #570 on: March 24, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »
Am watching a film called Contracted at the moment and it's excellent! It's about a girl who shags a necrophiliac at a party just after he's shafted a corpse at work in the Morgue and she's contracted a disease lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #571 on: March 24, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »
Not exactly a film, but this is proably as scary and well done as anything I've seen in a horror film in recent years:

http://vimeo.com/82920243
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #572 on: March 25, 2014, 11:41:45 PM »
Have now watched all 3 Hangover films, the last one was nowhere near as good as the first two and the second one was the best of the lot imo. Although the very end of the third one was hilarious lololol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #573 on: April 08, 2014, 09:10:12 AM »
Cant believe Hollywood are going to ruin one of my favourite films ever and bring back the Goonies   >:(

Hey you guyssss... why does it even need a sequel?!?!? It's gonna suck

Offline harv

« Reply #574 on: April 22, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »
Watched both Airplane films these last couple of days, the first one is still the best by miles. Might have to watch the Naked Gun films too now. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #575 on: April 30, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
"Star Wars episode VII" cast

Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #576 on: April 30, 2014, 03:19:14 PM »
I'm guessing Daisy Ridler will be playing Princess Leia..? Should be a key character in the next film going by the end of Return Of The Jedi. She should have The Force coming out of her ears. 8)

About bloody time they started work on the last film, they should have done that before fucking about with I to III.

Offline harv

« Reply #577 on: April 30, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »
Ooh! And my claim to fame, my Dad fixed Kenny Baker's (R2D2) car when he was a mechanic and he drove with wooden blocks on the pedals :o

Offline Late

« Reply #578 on: April 30, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »
I'm expecting the new film to be set a couple of decades after Return of the Jedi.
Makes little sense having Mark, Harrison, and Carrie back in the film if they're setting it right after ep6. Seems much more likely they'll be playing older folk as the new generation go off on adventures.

Going with the canon from the books, I reckon the main focus will either be on Han & Leia's kids or on Luke's academy - or maybe both, and will probably involve a gifted Jedi student going to the dark side.

Whatever the plot, though, you can pretty much guarantee a cubic f*cktonne of screenflare, with Abrams in charge.
Still, he makes a decent flick, so I'm looking forward to this :D

About bloody time they started work on the last films, they should have done that before fucking about with I to III.
Corrected for you.
Lucas always said it was supposed to be a 9 part story, split into three trilogies (there's speculation he only came up with that after the first film came out, but he's certainly been saying it since the 70s.
I believe Disney are planning on doing significantly more than three more films, though.

(In the books Han & Leia had three kids - the eldest two being twins (a boy and a girl), the youngest being a boy very strong in the force.
Also in the books, Luke set up a Jedi training academy on a remote planet.)

EDIT - Ah. I've just seen that Disney have said the film will be set 30 years after RotJ.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:55:13 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #579 on: April 30, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »
It's puntastic/cheesy/clichéd, but you would've thought they'd have waited until Sunday (May the fourth) to make their Star Wars announcement.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #580 on: May 01, 2014, 09:58:22 PM »
I'm guessing Daisy Ridler will be playing Princess Leia..?

Unlikely as it's episode 7 and the original cast are all going to be appearing in it. So I think Carrie Fisher will still be Leia. I think there may be Leia's and Han's offspring.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #581 on: May 01, 2014, 10:03:38 PM »
Perhaps I should have read Late's post first lol.

But yep, originally three trilogies were planned. I'm not sure the rumours that this was something Lucas came up with after the first was released is true, as it was always known as episode 4. I'm old enough to have seen the original at the cinema and still have the programme (you used to get programmes for some films back then). Also read the comic book adaptations of the film and read the books, which were originally called the adventures of Luke Skywalker when Lucas first came up with the idea I recall (though no book was ever released as such as far as I recall).

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #582 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:50 PM »
EDIT - Ah. I've just seen that Disney have said the film will be set 30 years after RotJ.

With the original cast in it, it's the only way to explain how rough Han, Leia and Luke look now  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #583 on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
I seem to recall a documentary (I think in the vhs box set) saying he only decided to call it episode iv after he'd finished making the first film.

Offline Late

« Reply #584 on: May 06, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »
Recently watched the RoboCop remake.

I'm a big fan of the RoboCop films (or the first two at any rate - you might struggle to find a fan of the later ones) and recently rewatched them on BluRay. Even a few decades after they were first released, they still stand up well today. The only thing letting them down is the effects on ED209 (looks like the crappy old Jason & The Argonauts stop-motion type films).

It's a tricky one, this. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I enjoyed the original. The problem with these remakes is they can never seem to make up their mind whether to tell the same story in the same way, or take it in a whole new direction.
With RoboCop they went the rather familiar way of putting their own spin on it but largely being the same film - and with a few of the classic lines thrown in, for fans of the original to spot/enjoy. I quite like that - but on the down side it makes you think more about the original, and then you can't help but compare them; and you find yourself expecting certain lines in certain situations, and then you're disappointed when the new cast don't say them.

But the effects for ED209 (and the effects throughout the full film) were good!

All in all, I enjoyed it, and if you don't compare it to the original (or haven't seen the original) then it's a good film. And in a couple of years' time, when it's on BluRay I'll keep an eye out for it - but only if I see it cheap. It's good, but not good enough that I'm paying full whack for it.
I'd buy it for a dollar, though.