https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 205015 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #615 on: June 29, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
Aw ffs, that's fucking ridiculous :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #616 on: June 29, 2014, 09:48:15 PM »
There's all kinds of people trying to justify it, saying how they've done it on other films.

The Nick Fury one I've addressed.

But then someone mentions Jessica Alba as Susan Storm because she's part hispanic, but she was made blonde in the film, so attempted to disguise that. Then there's the Kingpin in the Daredevil movie - which was just dire anyway.

Some things just shouldn't be messed with - and this, in my opinion, is one of them.

Oh and I should add that there are rumours they are going to make Dr Doom a female ffs.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #617 on: August 07, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »
Saw Inbetweeners 2 at the cinema last night..

I love the TV show, the writers created it, based of own personal teenager experiences and cringe-worthy (real) stories they have heard from friends.. however the premise of the lads just deciding to go to Australia to hook up with a friend in a summer holiday because they haven't got anything better to do.. just seemed a flimsy - hence why I wasn't really expecting much from this film.

I thought the first 20 minutes of the film were really slow and poorly directed, the chaps who do the acting do what they do best.. the one thing I dislike about the Inbetweeners is how exaggerated and over the top the comedy can be sometimes.. there are plenty of moments like this at the start.. Simon's girlfriend from the first film - her character just wasn't that funny at all.. because it was just too exaggerated, there were other parts that just grated on me too.

Half way through the film, the film climaxes with one set-piece it had been building for a while and the audience were in absolute stitches - I have to admit, it was very funny... albeit far removed from any kind of realistic scenario...unfortunately after this the film goes back to what it was doing before.. bubbling away with the odd laugh here and there and then an annoying part... never reaching anywhere near the highs of the half way point.. and it tails off even more towards the end of the film

The film kinda hit my expectations as I wasn't expecting much.. but I still felt a little disappointed at the end of it.

4.5/10

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #618 on: September 21, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
Finally got round to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy last week (only saw the 2D version as they didn't have 3D on at the cinema I went to).

Excellent film. A few characters missing from early GotG comic books, vastly different in fact. Nonetheless, thoroughly enjoyed it. Great action, plenty of humour and a great soundtrack. The only thing that irritated me was the end where Starlord decides to do a little jig to distract Ronin. Based on Ronin's personality and what we'd already seen from him up to that point, he wouldn't have asked "what are you doing", he'd have just blasted Starlord. Very out of character and a poor bit of writing. Definite link to the Avengers with Thanos being the villain in the background. 9/10.

Also watched Edge of Tomorrow.

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't bother going to the cinema to see it. Groundhog Day meets the Matrix meets  Starship Troopers. It really did seem a disjointed and cobbled together amalgam of films that have been done before. You can pick out each plagiarised idea as you go through it. 4/10 (and that's being generous).
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #619 on: September 28, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
Am watching World War Z with Brad Pitt in it at the mo and it's awesome. A zombie apocalypse film with a big difference - these fuckers are FAST!!! :o

As a result the hoards are insane lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #620 on: October 03, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
Just got myself another t-shirt from TeeFury:

Apologies for the big picture but I wanted a size big enough so that you can see everything. A really clever design. If you want to get one you'll have to get it before 5am tomorrow morning because they only have stuff up there for 24 hours.

Offline jman

« Reply #621 on: December 04, 2014, 11:13:35 AM »
Just watched the Bond 24. announcement

Spectre.

I take it that means going back to Blofeld ??  Awesome!

Cast looks good and the new car Aston Martin DB10 looks boss!

Nov 6th.. cant wait!

Offline harv

« Reply #622 on: December 07, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »
Have started watching Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, much prefer the original films though. Having a virus killing all cats and dogs so that everyone replaced them with apes as pets who eventually became slaves was a much better plot device imo, and having Simian Flu decimating the human race in the new films is pretty lame tbh. A slave revolt in the second film of the original series was much better imo, with Caesar's first word being 'NO!!!' was brilliant.

I'm still pretty disappointed that they didn't carry on with the story where the Astronaut returns home only to find himself in what appears to be an alternative timeline/another dimension. Was really looking forward to how that turned out. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #623 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:57 PM »
Have just downloaded The Hobbit Trilogy. Am going to watch them back to back. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #624 on: January 09, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »
Weird how the hobbit actor who plays Frodo Baggins looks almost exactly the same as Elijah Wood. :o

Offline Late

« Reply #625 on: April 17, 2015, 09:13:52 AM »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

https://youtu.be/ngElkyQ6Rhs]
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #626 on: April 17, 2015, 10:44:57 AM »
I need this film in my veins!!!! :o ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #627 on: April 21, 2015, 01:27:41 AM »
"Chewie, we're home"

Offline jman

« Reply #628 on: June 13, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »
Watched Jurassic World today.. its full of plot holes, continuity errors and some of the story is just downright silly..

...but it was fucking good, felt very entertained coming out of the cinema!!  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #629 on: June 13, 2015, 08:36:36 PM »
A Jurassic Park film and the story is somewhat silly..? Never! :o ;D