https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 192298 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »
One of the main reasons why JP is such a success is because the story of the first one is so good.. with the roots (even if ultimately unrealistic) in the science of de-extinction.

The problem any sequel will have after that film is that they don't need to get muddled up in the science of how or why again and so the only way forward is to improve on the action.  20 years later, I thought the film could of gone back to its roots and expanded it a lot more since technology has massively improved... a missed chance perhaps.  Whilst the action is very impressive, the story and realism are the things to be sacrificed (as usual).

Its still awesome though.. I'd go back and watch it again for sure.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2015, 11:43:36 AM »
Think that's on my "have to go see" list. Maybe this Friday afternoon.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »
They're gonna bring back the dinosaurs in real life soon, starting with those Woolly Mammoths 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #633 on: June 16, 2015, 08:39:10 PM »
Not wanting to point out the obvious, but mammoths are mammals, not dinosaurs.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #634 on: June 16, 2015, 08:47:01 PM »
Nope. You're wrong. Dino Saur is Latin for 'Terrible Hefalump'.

You crazy fool :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #635 on: July 02, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »
Need a degree to work out what the fuck is going on in Terminator: Genisys, the storyline is an absolute mess!

In some ways I hated the film.... a lot...

But it was enjoyable in parts, felt a bit frustrated by it all though.  Actually think it's the worst terminator film of the lot :(

Offline jman

« Reply #636 on: July 03, 2015, 08:07:34 AM »
The more I was thinking about Terminator : Genisys last night.. the more I was raging about it...

For me, there are 3 massive unanswered points in the plot that are crucial to the film that are never answered... I don't believe a film can survive if it never bothers answering pivotal plot points in the movie.. and the directors just say.. "oh we know the answers to these" and "they will be answered if we get to do a sequel".. its just bullshit.  On reflection as well, I can think of a ton more plot-holes and paradoxes the utterly ridiculous plot falls into.

What was also bothering me is that it messes with T:1 and T:2.. which kinda sucks.. because now, everytime I watch them two films, I'm going to be reminded of what a travesty T:G was.  I don't think I've felt this angry about a film for a long time!   >:( >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #637 on: July 03, 2015, 11:06:41 AM »
The annoying thing from where I'm sat is I know I should swerve the film but I'm still keen to see it.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #638 on: July 03, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »
Absolutely, you've got to go watch the film for yourself.. although if you are a fan of the first and/or second film.. I cant help but feel that you will be thoroughly disappointed.

I wont say anymore.. mainly because its still making my blood boil, but trust me, I could write an essay on what a train-wreck I thought that film was lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #639 on: July 03, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »
To be fair, the whole series has been besieged by paradox after paradox; but I've always been a fan. Loved the first two films, and liked the 3rd and 4th. (Couldn't get into the Sarah Connor tv show, though.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #640 on: July 09, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »
I liked the TV show. Shame they axed it, it was getting very interesting.

It also had Summer Glau in it, which helped.

Offline harv

« Reply #641 on: July 09, 2015, 09:56:49 PM »
I love Summer Glau, even if she does always seem to play weirdos lol :-* :-* :-*

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #642 on: July 10, 2015, 08:41:40 PM »
Where you're concerned, surely that's "because", not "even though".

Offline harv

« Reply #643 on: July 10, 2015, 09:02:11 PM »
I reckon she'd love me to bits once she gets used to the handcuffs and ball gag ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #644 on: July 18, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »
Just watched Ant-Man,  took a while to get on board with it but ended up thoroughly enjoying it, great ending too.  Refreshing to see a new Marvel IP instead of yet another sequel