https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 192306 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #645 on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »
Ant Man was excellent.

Back to Terminator, I still think Skynet becomes the Matrix (or it would have if I was writing it lol).
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #646 on: October 05, 2015, 06:45:58 PM »
They've started to add some more classic filems on Netflix including Twelve Angry Men and the remake of The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. Awesome Fucking Sauce ;D 8) ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »
Saw Pixels just now and it was excellent, really funny. Games were much better in the 80s imo. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #648 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:20 PM »
Star Wars albums - pure fucking genius ;D ;D ;D

Wasn't too sure if I should have posted this in the Music forum lol :o 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #649 on: December 20, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »
This post is spoiler-free...

Star Wars is FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!  Go see it.  Now!

Offline harv

« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2015, 02:46:28 AM »
Am seeing it tomorrow or Tuesday I think. Am also going to see it twice because a mate of mine can get me and him free tickets to see it at the IMAX during the first two weeks of the New Year. ;D

He is a red scouse git though so we're probably going to sneak in at the back via the Fire Exit lmfao :o :P ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2015, 08:02:59 AM »
I'd definitely watch it again.  I had to see it in 3D as I didn't book until the last minute - and 2D was completely sold out... I try to avoid 3D as much as possible.. but actually it wasn't that bad... there was one point I had to lift my glasses up for a second as there was too much going on at one point.... but the rolling story text at the start of the film looked pretty boss in 3D.

Offline Late

« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »
Keen to see it, but I know I'm getting some cinema vouchers for xmas, and Star Wars is the only film I want to see - so I'll probably go between Christmas and New Year.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #653 on: December 28, 2015, 02:58:50 PM »
Saw it on Boxing Day at the IMAX in Leicester Square. First time I;d seen a film at the IMAX, the 3D blew everything else away. Totally awesome.

I really enjoyed the film, definitely harked back to the original but there were a lot of parts I didn't like. Plot holes galore. Overall I'd give it 8 out of 10.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #654 on: January 05, 2016, 08:03:57 AM »
Plot holes - perhaps in the context of the first film in a trilogy... I'm thinking all these plot holes can and will be explained in future films... somehow.

Anyway.. I'm going back to cinema to watch it again tonight  ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »
You mean like Rey mastering the force and Jedi mind tricks in no time.

Offline jman

« Reply #656 on: January 11, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »
Woah.. hold up with the spoilers there!!!  ;D

In fact if you haven't seen Star Wars yet.. do not look any further.. I'll be mentioning a few other SPOILERS in this post...

So in reply to your response.. yes.. that will definitely be the main focal point of the second film I'm sure...so we know that the force awoke when she first touched Lukes lightsabre (ooh errr)... so I imagine Luke will have the answer to that.. but obviously we'll have to wait for his explanation...

There were a couple of things that got me slightly riled.. Kylo Ren related mostly... I thought he was a great character.. but he's had training from Snoke for a few years (lets say).. and he can't *easily* beat an untrained storm-trooper in a lightsabre fight.. granted Ren is injured at the point of the fight.. but that's just bollocks.  I'd give Rey the benefit of the doubt as like I said, I'm sure things will be explained... but when Ren does slice down the back of Finn.. how does that put him in a coma.. he should be sliced in half and brown bread!

Also, I found Leia's character very underwhelming.. given that technically she should be a Jedi Knight in this film.. yet nobody gives a shit about finding or killing her.. its all about Luke.

Offline jman

« Reply #657 on: February 17, 2016, 07:55:41 AM »
I saw Deadpool at the weekend.. valentine treat for the missus  ;D  Very good.. lots of laughs.. surprised they managed to get the film certificated as a 15.. there's lots of violence, profanity and a bit of nudity as well.. I guess film certifications have laxed over the past few decades though...

8.5/10

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #658 on: February 21, 2016, 02:18:11 AM »
I'll just repeat what I said in reply to Late's post in the TV thread.

Thought it was excellent. Ryan Reynolds is perfect for the role.

Story was fairly weak but it was setting up the character and what he's all about. It was never going to be high brow.

Funny from the opening credits sequence, the one liners, piss-taking references and the after credits scene.

Action was good, ott violence is never a bad thing and Morena Baccarin is easy on the eye. Only thing I didn't really like was Colossus, who they portrayed as a bit of a lummox, which he isn't in the comic books.

Offline jman

« Reply #659 on: February 21, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »
Yeah snap with Colossus..

Possibly because they couldn't/didn't (?) get the x-men Colossus to take part.. they couldn't show a human side to him without breaking the continuity of the films?

Looking forward to Apocalypse the most this year though  8)