https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 201020 times)

Offline styles

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2012, 08:03:32 PM »
Wall E is brilliant
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »
All of the Pixar films are brilliant, I love them. I've always liked anything animated, but I prefer stuff that's done the old fashioned way with models and stop-motion rather than stuff that's in cartoon or CGI form. The Harry Harryhausen films were always my favourite when I was a kid. Sinbad, Jason and The Argonauts and Clash of The Titans. Love that stuff 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Momo

« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:16 PM »
Savages..........Excellent
Lawless...........Excellent, Oscar material possibly, with a brilliant soundtrack to boot.
Prometheus.......Very good.
Total Recall.........Total gash.
Ted.........Hmmmm, a bit disappointing for Seth's normal high standard.
The Dictator.......Typical Sacha fare, a few good chuckles here and there.
Wild Bill......Very surprised this gem never got much exposure, what a great wee movie, some strong acting performances here, highly recommended.
Get The Gringo.......Liked this as well, thought it would be poor but pleasantly surprised, worth a watch.
Brave.........Mince.
Ecstacy.........Irving Welsh adaptation, if you are expecting a Trainspotting calibre movie forget it, this is dire. Everybody involved in this should be shot, or even worse made watch it till the end.

This XBMC app for the ipad is the baws, with a HMDI cable fired into the back of the telly makes for tremendous entertainment. Best app ever, lovin' it.
Sky can take a hike. 

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »
Watched Prometheus earlier this week.

To my eyes, though, this was definitely a prequel to Alien.

Definitely a prequel. Enjoyed it but also thought it was quiote predictable.

Prometheus 2 is being made.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2012, 01:36:28 AM »

Ted.........Hmmmm, a bit disappointing for Seth's normal high standard.

Thought it was good, excellent cgi on the bear.

Think there needs to be a zombie sequel: Day of the Living Ted.  8)
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »
What's xbmc momo?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »
It's a media player/interface that lets you play your films etc. - a sort of home theatre player, because it's designed as something on your big tv that you can control from a sofa.
Youtube best explains it.

I really need to get me some XBMC. I currently play most of my files through a small media player device, but the interface is as basic as they come. What I have works fine, but XBMC is so pretty and gives you loads of extra info etc!
Until recently, most people ran it on small form PCs under (or attached to the back of) the telly, but lately there are a lot more options. As Momo says, you can plug tablets into your tv. You can also buy small devices to plug into the telly which put xbmc on there and can be controlled using your tablet or mobile phone.
I might wait until the OUYA comes out next year. Primarily an android games console, but has been announced as having xbmc.

XBMC wiki
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2012, 10:30:22 AM »
Dont see the problem with Windows Media Center myself... one of the best and most used features on the 360 for me.

If they added Kinect support to the 360 WMC (like they have with windows) that would be pretty cool, streaming and playing films without the use of a control pad nor remote control.. with voice recognition to give extra fast searching of stuff you want to watch or listen to.  Im quite excited by what Microsoft are deciding to do next with Kinect.. so much potential.

Offline Late

« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
I don't tend to use the 360 for anything other than games. Even with the latest model it's just too damned noisy.

I'm now toying (once again) with getting a Raspberry Pi, and sticking xbmc on.
About £30 for the Pi, and a few quid each for a case and usb wifi. Already have micro usb power cables, hdmi cables, SD cards, so it should be a pretty cheap exercise.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2120850_tom_hardy_and_christian_bale_lined_up_to_play_robin_friday

Looks like this film is really happening. I know I'm going to be the only person on here excited about this (Well Kenny may be too) but I can't wait for this. Will be good for the town an all.

Offline Late

« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
[Insert joke about Bale being relegated from playing Batman to playing Robin...]

Offline jman

« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2120850_tom_hardy_and_christian_bale_lined_up_to_play_robin_friday

Looks like this film is really happening. I know I'm going to be the only person on here excited about this (Well Kenny may be too) but I can't wait for this. Will be good for the town an all.

I live in Reading too...

although you were right in the first place... your the only person on here excited about this  :P ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2012, 03:09:09 PM »
Confession time. This past week i have been in Scotland on a training course for sky. Starting on Monday I'll be flogging sky door to door. Not sure how long I'll last as Im a lazy bugger but the pay is class, i get a motor and free sky tv and so far they seem to be a great place to work for.

Obviously one of my tasks will be converting people from virgin, bt etc so anyone who wants to tell me why sky is better than those companies then Im all ears.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »
UK call centres?

Offline harv

« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »
They're all a pile of old pants as far as telly is concerned. And Virgin Media has the fastest internet speed too so don't waste your time trying to convince a Virgin Media customer to switch their broadband.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever