https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 201001 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #360 on: January 01, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »
Diabetes since I was 5. I don't trust myself behind the wheel - a hypo whilst driving could end up with me killing someone. :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #361 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:04 PM »
How do you get to be forty and can't drive?

Far too many people get to all ages and can't drive. Sadly a lot of them still have licenses.  :-\
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #362 on: January 01, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
Watched an excellent film last night called Buried about a truck driver working in Iraq who wakes up buried in a coffin after his convoy is ambushed by insurgents. Definitely worth a download, great entertainment. :)

Am now watching a film called Wilderness Survival For Girls, 5 minutes in and two pairs of tits already lol. :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #363 on: January 01, 2013, 07:00:27 PM »
How do you get to be forty and can't drive?

Ford's motion controls aren't up to Nintendo's standards yet.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #364 on: January 01, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »
Gave up on that film, it was beyond shite lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #365 on: January 01, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »
Just watched a film called The Divide. Awesome!!!

About people trapped in an apartment basement in New York after the bombs have dropped. Great film. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #366 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »
I watched Jack Reacher at the cinema during the holidays...

Was a pretty good thriller/action film.. I'd recommend and I dont particularly like Tom Cruise... so thats saying something..

7/10

Offline jman

« Reply #367 on: January 02, 2013, 08:58:30 AM »
I can see plenty of people carrying on their subscriptions after their 30 days free trial is over.

I take it you wont then???

Case in point - people who pirate won't pay to watch a film or use a subscription service if they dont have too.

Offline harv

« Reply #368 on: January 02, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »
I can see plenty of people carrying on their subscriptions after their 30 days free trial is over.

Case in point - people who pirate won't pay to watch a film or use a subscription service if they dont have too.

Nope, although I do think that the viewing suggestions it gives you based on what you've been watching is pretty cool, and if my telly wasn't in my bedroom I can see being able to watch the films on the GamePad being a cool feature. There just isn't the content available on the UK version to make it worthwhile, and I can't be arsed to go through spoofing a US DNS to get the US version lol ;D :P ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #369 on: January 03, 2013, 12:24:01 AM »

YOu are confusing downloading with Piracy and as I have pointed out many times, downloaders fall into two broad categories, those who still buy and buy more as a result of downloading and those who wouldn't buy even if they didn't download.

As I'm one of those who download, I'll be going to see Jack Reacher, as I went to see the Hobbit. I also just placed an order for over £200 with Play.com to add to my already massive collection. Would have bought some more in HMV at Fulham Broadway too in the 5 Blu-rays for £30 sale they had on but couldn't remember what I had and didn't have.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #370 on: January 03, 2013, 12:32:39 AM »
Wot no list on your phone?
(Actually mine is out of date - must update it with the last month or so's purchases.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »
Wot no list on your phone?
(Actually mine is out of date - must update it with the last month or so's purchases.)

Yep, got a list on my phone but mine's woefully out of date too. So was next to useless.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #372 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »
Have been on a thriller hype the past few days.

Disturbia - Decent film that focuses more on suspense and tension rather than gore. Within the first 10 minutes I thought it must be either a homage to or a rip-off of Hitchcock's classic 'Rear Window'. Shia LaBouef (the guy from Transformers) and Sarah Roemer (bird from The Event) put in good performances. Worth a watch - 7/10

Unthinkable - Surprised this didn't get more attention when it was released. Hadn't heard of it before I watched it. Great watch though, certainly thought-provoking. Samuel L. Jackson plays an interrogator who has to extract the location of three bombs placed around the US from a terrorist. 8/10

Changing Lanes - I'll usually watch anything with Samuel L. Jackson in, as he has the ability to make even the worst films watchable (and God knows he's starred in enough of them!) This film just bored me though. Started off well but the story was uninteresting and didn't seem to go anywhere. More an exploration of the two main characters that I never really cared about. 4/10

Offline harv

« Reply #373 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
I watched Unthinkable the other week, it was excellent ;D

Am watching Swim Fan at the mo, just 10 minutes in and I'm surprised this bloke's Bunny Boiler Alarm isn't blaring like mental lol :o

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »
Watched Taken 2 this morning. Not as good as the first one and just more of the same really. Just cashing in. It was okay and some reasonable action, if somewhat drawn out in a lot of places where Neeson could have finished an opponent three times over before actually doing so. Maybe 6.5 out of 10. I hope they don't make a third one.

Seems a lot of the blu-rays in the 5 for £30 in HMV are available from Play.com in their 2 for £12 sale.

I took a jar full of change to ASDA last night and gave their machine that converts it to cash vouchers a complete spaz, but when it got sorted and I had my voucher for £112.32 (all from 1, 2 and 5 pence pieces) I spent it on a few more films and box sets. Could have got some of them cheaper from play but had to spend the money on something.