https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 201108 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #390 on: January 07, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »
Definitely. I would never pay £6 a month for the UK content on Netflix, but change the DNS server to access the US content and it's incredible how much more there is. Last year I managed to watch every episode of Frasier and tons of Law & Order: SVU. Now I'm working through Cheers. Brilliant comedies (not L&O obviously!).  ;D

I was always a big Cheers fan and own the box sets and the Frasier ones too.

Watched the Sweeney this afternoon. Good film. Not great but enjoyed it. Also watched Donovan's Echo. Not a bad film. Again nothing awe inspiring and you won't like it if you don't like slow films in the mould of UNbreakable, but not a bad story. Danny Glover's role in it reminded me a bit of his role in Touch.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »
I watched From Paris With Love the other night.

Mindless action film - not bad - but not amazingly great.. probably would of been a bit better if it had someone like Statham or Willis playing the lead role instead of John Travolta - who was a bit hard to like/believe with his village people haircut.

5/10

Offline Late

« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed From Paris With Love, personally, but I know that puts me in a minority.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2013, 04:24:35 AM »
Just watched a couple of films:

Die Welle (The Wave) - A teacher tries to teach his class what it's like living in an autocracy. Based on a real experiment that took place in the 60s but I didn't think it was great. The pacing of the story seemed unrealistic and the film seemed to promote fascism rather than denounce it, which I don't think was the aim. Could have been better as the concept sounded interesting. 6/10

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Never got around to watching the Swedish trilogy so decided to watch this. Daniel Craig is great and the bird that plays Lisbeth is just outstanding. Great storyline too. 8/10.

Going to try and watch the Best Picture nominees for the Oscars over the next month as I've always had a weird obsession with them. Was gutted to see Skyfall snubbed this year. Thought Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem had a shot at Best Actor/Best Supporting Actor.

Offline styles

« Reply #394 on: January 20, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
ITV 2 shine the ed Norton version of the hulk last night. I hadn't previously caught this, i think the ang lee hulk has put me off it. Happily though this was much better, would prefer Jennifer connolly to liv Tyler mind you.

Can't wait for avengers which is coming shortly to sky.

Also watched the grey. Shite. 3/10
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #395 on: January 20, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »
I would prefer Jennifer connolly to liv Tyler mind you.

Can't wait for avengers which is coming shortly to sky.

Also watched the grey. Shite. 3/10

Most definitely agree about Jennifer Connolly. Have thought she was hot since I saw the Hot Spot many years ago.

Avengers is a superb film. The guy who plays Banner in that is very good.

The Grey was ruined by the fact that they had so many inaccuracies about wolves and wolf behaviour.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #396 on: January 20, 2013, 11:10:02 AM »
The Avengers was probably my favourite film of 2012. Up there with Skyfall and TDKR.

I did prefer Norton's Banner though and wish he'd have agreed to do The Avengers!

Offline jman

« Reply #397 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:14 PM »
I watched Dredd the other day... it was suprisingly good actually... the main lead (whoever it was) even managed to replicate a good Stallone snarl in places

6.5/10

Offline Late

« Reply #398 on: January 20, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
Bones from off of star trek
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #399 on: January 20, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
and the female playing Judge Anderson is hot!

Offline jman

« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2013, 01:53:10 PM »
Watched John Carter last night... pile of shit - didnt bother finishing it.

Off to watch The Last Stand tonight - arnies back.. woohoo!!

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »
Off to see Zero Dark Thirty tomorrow night. Can't wait!  ;D

Offline bealec

« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »

*Spoiler Alert* Osama Bin Laden dies.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »

*Spoiler Alert* Osama Bin Laden dies.

LMAO

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2013, 07:16:12 PM »
Watched John Carter last night... pile of shit - didnt bother finishing it.

Off to watch The Last Stand tonight - arnies back.. woohoo!!

I personally really enjoyed John Carter, having read the books as a youngster. I'd recommend it.

Saw it at the cinema and it's one of the few 3D films where the 3D was consistent throughout the film and brought it to life.

So I guess it just shows how opinions differ. But then, apart from supporting Chelsea I seem to disagree with JMAN more than I do Harv and Styles (and Styles calls me a cunt lol).