https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 200970 times)

Offline styles

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2013, 09:53:13 PM »
Lol
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #406 on: January 25, 2013, 08:48:01 AM »
I seem to disagree with JMAN more than I do Harv

I resent that!!

Dont blame me for your taste (or therefore lack of) in films and tv  :P

Anyway, The Last Stand.. first off great to see the big man back on screen.. first lead role since T3 would you believe... however, the film isnt all wall-to-wall action.. in fact the first half of the film, arnie barely does much!  The plot is terrible, its got more holes than uniteds defense lol...  but the 2nd half of the film is where it gets going..its got funny bits, great action sequences and the characters really come alive (plus loads more plot holes!) - but its enjoyable fun - although £17.50 for 2 cinema tickets - ouch... forgot how expensive it was on normal days

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #407 on: January 25, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »
I seem to disagree with JMAN more than I do Harv

I resent that!!

Dont blame me for your taste (or therefore lack of) in films and tv  :P

Lol.

My taste is fine, you just take time to realise things to be true ... like Torres being shit.  :P
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
Glad I didn't see your post, Chris, would have ruined the end entirely for me.  :P

Can see ZDT being a marmite title, 2 lads walked out (out of boredom I presume) after about 30 mins. If people expect an action film, they'll be disappointed. It's not exaggerated at all and stays very true to the original events that took place. Having said that, I really enjoyed it. There's a nice blend of action and suspense. Despite knowing the eventual outcome, I wondered at times how on earth they were going to find him. Jessica Chastain was brilliant as Maya the CIA Agent. I'd say she could be in with an outside shot of an Oscar but Anne Hathaway's already got it in the bag. Best picture material? Probably not, but definitely worth a watch IMO - 8/10
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:40:16 PM by ancelotti »

Offline bealec

« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2013, 11:57:19 PM »
Saw Django Unchained tonight. Amazing film. Classic Tarrantino. Great performances all round.

Offline jman

« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »
Torres is shit........ shit hot!!

Zing!!!  ;D ;D

Go and watch some british television drags, all that american trash is clearly addling your brain..

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #411 on: January 28, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »
The statistics can be deceiving can't they. On paper 15 goals in a season when you're just in January might look quite good and some might use it to justify that Torres is still a top quality striker. I'd disagree wholeheartedly. Let's analyse his goals shall we.

Torres 15 goals:

With RDM at the helm:
Community shield vs Man City. (Glorified friendly).
Reading (home) (wasn't it offside too).
Newcastle (home)
Wolves (home) League Cup) Championship opposition
Arsenal (away)
Norwich (home)
Shakhtar (home)

Post RDM
Nordsjaelland (home) 2 goals.
Sunderland (away) 2 goals (1 penalty)
Monterrey (WCC)
Leeds (away) League cup. Championship side
Villa (home) 1 goal in 8 (we scored 5 after he went off)
Bretnford (away) F.A Cup - League 1 opposition.

We've scored something like 92 goals in all competitions so far.

Torres has hit 15 of those. Those 15 coming in just 13 games out of the 40 games we have played so far. He played in just about all of those games (bar Juve away) and a couple since Ba came in).

Of the 15 he has scored:

8 have come against Premier League sides, only 3 aginst what you could call top quality sides (Arsenal, Man City (and that was the CS) and Shakhtar.

6 (of the 7 league goals) have come against sides struggling near the foot of the table.
6 against championship/league 1 and low quality foreign opposition.

He just doesn't do it in tough games against good opponents and having a striker that just isn't good enough is one of the main reasons we have struggled.

He scored 7 before RDM left, supposedly FSW was brought in to rejuvenate him. He has scored 8 since of which 5 were against lower than Premier League opposition and 2 were against a Sunderland side who were struggling to get any kind of result at the time and the other one, 1 of the eight goals we scored against Villa in an absolute tonking and we scored 5 after Torres went off.

It's fair to say that even in the games he has scored he has often been dismal. He has also missed a lot more chances than he has scored. Some of them could have been crucial too.

Anyone who thinks he is good really is wearing rose tinted spectacles.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2013, 05:08:05 PM »
Other than his goal he was shit at Brentford.

Offline bealec

« Reply #413 on: January 28, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
So what Film has Torres been in then?

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #414 on: January 28, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »
Bend it like Beckham, he was the big girls blouse trying to be a footballer. ;)

Offline bealec

« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:40 PM »

But I thought that at the end they did become a footballer.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2013, 11:07:13 PM »

But I thought that at the end they did become a footballer.

Abramovich has seen the film and is still hoping.

Offline jman

« Reply #417 on: January 29, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
Lol your like a jack-in-the-box drags.. just have to wind you up slightly and *pop*

Torres has been scoring goals all season - dissect them all you want.. a goal is a goal... most of lampards goals in the last couple of years have been penalties - and if you listen to bitter rival fans - most of them are deflections too...doesnt stop him from being a top notch player and absolute legend  ;)

Anyway, quite clearly off-topic..

Hoping to go watch Flight next week - looks good!!

Offline harv

« Reply #418 on: January 31, 2013, 03:05:23 AM »
Did a Google search to find the name of the film I was talking about in the telly thread: Karla.

An excellent film but the Canadian police were beyond incompetent :o :o :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #419 on: February 01, 2013, 12:20:49 AM »
I'm not sure if any of you have a sky subscription but if you do and you only subscribe to tv plus sports and you want to add movies, if you don't have any other offers on your account just now then i can get you sky movies for one pound per month for 6 months.

Let me know if any of you fit that bill and want to go ahead.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.