https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Am I The Only One That Hates The Summer..?  (Read 6924 times)

Offline harv

Am I The Only One That Hates The Summer..?
« on: June 06, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »
I really despise it. It's too hot, bees and wasps flying about all over the place, no football...I really can't stand it.

The only good thing about it is the crumpet wearing very little lol.

I'm much happier in the Winter, at least if you're too cold you can stick another jumper on but if you're too hot in the Summer you're fucked. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

Re: Am I The Only One That Hates The Summer..?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 08:27:10 AM »
20° and suddenly its too hot.. oh please.. you're a wuss aren't you.. unless your a freckly ginger nut who is actually adverse to the sun then I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

What's better than sitting out in the sun and enjoying a cool refreshing pint with a BBQ on the go.

The summer also means getting out more and exercising for me.. cycling to work everyday, playing tennis and football and also being able to go swimming in an outside pool.

Ok, there's no football to watch - but that only happens every other summer.  Maybe if you stopped being a recluse and got out and enjoyed the sun like everyone else, you'd have a different perspective  ;) :P

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »
I burn like a mofo in the sun, plus the heat causes me all sorts of problems with my diabetes too...plus I've got a bee and wasp phobia too. :o :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »
It's quite nice at the moment. Can walk around in a t-shirt without being too hot. When it starts getting above 30 degrees with ridiculous humidity even at night then I dislike the weather.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:53:52 PM »
Anyone who doesn't like the summer, must have real issues with life.......................It's got to be the best...when you wake up and it's sunny, you go to work it's sunny.....at lunch time it's still sunny, you finish work and its still warm and sunny............you sit in the garden with your family for a few hours and its still sunny.

AND IF ITS SUNNY AT THE WEEKEND..............DEEP JOY.... :D :D :D :D :D :D Beers , bbq, and time with the family, nothing better.

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
If you're too hot you can't do bugger all unless you're indoors and have shit hot air conditioning. Even having a fan on does bugger all when it's REALLY hot, it just moves hot air around. In the Winter if it's too cold you can just bung another jumper on. In the Summer you can do bugger all to cool down, even going nekked means your bits are going to get sunburnt lol :o :-[ :o

It's not too bad if there's a decent cooling breeze going, it's actually very pleasant...but how often does that happen..? Hardly ever!!!

I absolutely hate it!!!!! >:(

Can't believe I'm the only one!

Offline styles

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 09:00:55 AM »
Anyone who doesn't like the summer, must have real issues with life.......................It's got to be the best...when you wake up and it's sunny, you go to work it's sunny.....at lunch time it's still sunny, you finish work and its still warm and sunny............you sit in the garden with your family for a few hours and its still sunny.

AND IF ITS SUNNY AT THE WEEKEND..............DEEP JOY.... :D :D :D :D :D :D Beers , bbq, and time with the family, nothing better.

Amen brother!! Harv just being a dick again.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 08:25:54 PM »
We'll see how much of a 'dick' I'm being when the temperature is in the 90s and some of you start realising I'm talking sense. ;)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »
Simple solution with the fan, bowl of ice in front of it, cools the air the fan blows over it.

Apart from the occasional nights it's too hot to sleep, I'd rather have summer any time. Not freezing your arse off when you get out of bed in the morning or out of the shower. Saving money on heating bills.

Being able to enjoy the outdoors - not to mention that women change out of their winter clothes and there's a lot more eye candy about.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »
I agree with Harv, Summer sucks!

I'm sweating me balls off for months. Like he mentioned there is no football on. When I do something wrong in the summer or drop something, I get more annoyed than I usually would because i'm permenantly pissed off because I'm always hot. The only good thing about summer is the more Eye Candy you get.

I prefer winter, when it gets around December time, you get to spend all the holidays with your friends and family, you got loads of football to watch. Everyone is happy because they got 10 days off for Christmas and New Years! As it's the holiday season everyone is drinking and you won't here anyone go "Only one, I got work tomorrow".

No messing around with Winter, best time of the year!
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one! The worst thing has to be not being able to sleep at night because it's too hot. >:(

Offline styles

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 11:04:12 PM »
Not like you have to be up early for work
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 02:05:57 AM »
The heats hard to bare sometimes, but I only usually find that to be the case if I'm in my room (since the sun always comes across the front of the house and makes it extremely hot to sit in), but i love sitting in a beer garden rocking the summerwear, chilling with a pint and getting my tan on.

I generally find it to be a much better atmosphere too, winters quite dull and depressing, I hate the fact it gets dark by 4PM too.

Offline jman

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »
Looks like summer is over anyway with this poxy british weather.  Going down to Weymouth this weekend and the forecast says its going to piss and rain every day... great stuff  >:(  Still, 6 weeks until I go to Americaaaaa.. fuck yeah!!  Average of 32-33° in Miami everyday at the moment - that's more like it ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
Summer is a natural anti depressant and aphrodisiac.
No wonder harv hates it

Work hard, be nice.