https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: android rewards  (Read 4382 times)

Offline styles

android rewards
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:40:55 AM »
Got a pop up saying my phone was chosen by android rewards. I can claim an ipad 2. Im immediately thinking scam. Yeah?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

Re: android rewards
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:19 AM »
Nah, companies love giving out expensive items to people for free  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:52:44 PM »
They're getting annoying these android pop-ups lately. One of the kids downloaded some crap last week when something official looking on the phone told her she needs this new download to make her battery run better (I thought she was brighter than that), and I've had new icons appear on my homepage twice in the last few months... :(
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline styles

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
Cheers
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Momo

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »
Do Androids dream electric sheep?

Only if they're made in Aberdeen apparently.

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »
No, it's not a scam at all, all you need to do is PM me all of your credit card and bank details as well as posting me your passport, driving licence and marriage certificate and I'll make sure you'll get an iPad 2. :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
Have ut installed an app called "lookout ad network detector". Looks useful - told me which app was causing me to get spam notifications and desktop shortcuts. Have now uninstalled it (it was a call recorder thing) so hopefully the problem's now gone.
Can't attest to it yet, but definitely worth a look if you're sick of ads etc or just want a summary of what permissions your apps have..
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
Hmm a useful apps thread might be a good one but I can't be bothered to start one right now lol.

I have a good call blocker ad called, unimaginatively, Extreme Call Blocker. Lots of options within it. It can handle texts and calls. You can set it up to send messages to blocked callers/texts etc. I'm not sure if it's this app or another one that has the option for answering the call with a message to play to the caller, you can even have it play a choice of nasty sounds like high pitched noises, although that might be another app.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.