https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 19192 times)

Offline jman

Re: E3 2013
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »
Nope, check again, one of their PS+ slides said online multiplayer was now part of the program

Offline Late

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 10:59:19 PM »
Aye, PS+ is definitely compulsory if you want to play online.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »
Really..? What a daft decision. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 12:16:28 AM »
Fuck it. I'm just going to do my multiplatform gaming on my PC. Online gaming should be free, I already pay enough for the games and my internet connection, Sony can sack my cook if they think I'm going to pay over the odds just to play games online. Fuck them. >:(

Wouldn't be so bad if we end up paying the same currency value as they do in the States but I can see those of us unlucky enough to live in the UK getting shafted as per usual.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 01:43:48 AM »
Tbh you could buy a ps4 and subscribe to PS+ and never need to ever buy a game - the games they give you free each month would be enough. You wouldn't be bang up to date with all the latest games, but who is these days? I still haven't bought xcom even though it looks fantastic and came out 8 months ago. I'm waiting for it to drop to £15.
If I were on ps3 I'd be downloading it for free this month, along with uncharted 3, lbp karting, deus ex human revolution, saints row 3, and machinarium...

£35 a year for those games and dozens more? Absolute bargain.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »
Aye.. we've been over this before though.. technically any free game you download via PS+ is not yours, you cant keep, nor sell, nor trade it... only play it.. and the second you stop paying your subscription, you lose access to the games... technically its a glorified renting service... I don't think I'd of bothered given the choice.. but now as its just an added bonus to having to pay for online gaming - you'd have to hope that Sony don't water down the service.   Bit puzzled as to why Deus Ex Human Revolution is on this months list though... wasn't that the game that started this conversation last time??  I mean that's an old game now.. does PS+ repeat quite a few of its games then ??

If money on games was really your concern you'd turn to the PC.. with the expense of these next-gen consoles.. it wouldn't cost much more to put a decent PC together.. plus the PC offers free online, far cheaper versions of games and deals where you can pay what you want for the games (Humble Bundles)... Machinarium (as you have mentioned it) was available for whatever price you wanted to pay for it well over 2 years ago on the PC.

Not that I give a shit or anything

No, of course not,  ;D ;D 

Well you enjoy paying extra on top of your games to play them online next-gen... personally I couldn't give a stuff about it, I'd get PS+ and XLG for each console if I wanted them... but I remember how much of a bitch-fit you had before over it - hilarious.

Offline Late

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »
...technically any free game you download via PS+ is not yours, you cant keep, nor sell, nor trade it... only play it...
Semantics. Technically any paid game you download via xbla is yours, but good luck trying to sell or trade it.
My hypothesis was you could buy the console and pay the subs and not need to buy any games - so we'll take the payment of subscription fees as a given in that scenario. Own it or rent it makes no difference in practical terms on a digital download, so long as you keep paying your subs. It's just a name. The reality of it is that once you've paid your subs you can download any game they offer you at no extra cost, and you can play that game as much as you want - that month, years later, whenever you want. Just like owning it.

Now I'll confess I know little about PS+, but my understanding is you usually get around 3 games a month for ps3 and a couple for vita. I'll ignore the vita element of that (though the inclusion of free games for that handheld plus it's integration into all ps4 games makes it a compelling purchase) and I'll assume that releases for the ps4 will be similar to on the ps3 - so around 3 games a month. Assuming of those 3, one is a good game you haven't played before, one is a mediocre game you haven't played before, and one is a game you've already played (sound about right? I have no idea, but that sounds fairly likely to me) that means every month you're getting a good game, a mediocre one, and occasionally a game you've already played before - for around £3.
That's enough to tide me over nicely. I probably average around one good game and one mediocre game a month on the 360, but I pay for them. I usually wait until prices drop, but it still adds up to quite a lot of money. And I pay my gold subscription. I could sell those games, but I usually don't - I like to have a catalogue available to me, even though I don't often go back to games I've completed. And if I did sell them I wouldn't get anywhere near the difference in price between buying them on xbox and getting them for free on playstation.
(Another consideration, but this is entirely personal preference, is I quite like digital copies of games rather than physical ones - partly because there's no disk spinning, so it's quieter and less likely to fail, but mainly because I have a bad back and my console's only a few inches from the floor - so I hate changing disks!)

I don't want to sound like I'm hailing the ps4 as the saviour of the generation. There's a lot of stuff I don't like about it, and there's a lot of stuff about the xb1 that I really do like. I'm just putting forward the argument that ps+ seems fantastic value to me.

As for your argument about pc gaming being the better option in terms of keeping annual costs down, I'm in complete agreement - as you know, I'm seriously considering having a steambox or other pc hooked up to my tv instead of a console next generation.

NB I couldn't be arsed to put quote marks around all references to "free" games, but if we assume you're going with the subscription service on whichever console you buy (which I would do) then to all intents and purposes those games are free.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
No, of course not,  ;D ;D 

Well you enjoy paying extra on top of your games to play them online next-gen... personally I couldn't give a stuff about it, I'd get PS+ and XLG for each console if I wanted them... but I remember how much of a bitch-fit you had before over it - hilarious.

What exactly did I have a "bitch-fit" about?

Whilst it's true that, I'm not a huge fan of subscription based services for online games, I'm not exactly surprised Sony have moved in this direction, and I'm willing to accept the compromise that they've proposed regarding the subscription being linked to PS+...If it was JUST a one off fee with PS+ separate from the package, I would have had a problem.

As Late has already said though, PS+ is fantastic...The only reason It's never appealed to me is because 90% of the games they offer are ones I've already purchased...Majoirty of stuff I buy on the PS Store are DLC packs for existing retail games I own, and since PS+ doesn't offer DLC, then I have no reason to buy it...That doesn't make it any less of a fantastic deal, it just doesn't cater to my needs.

I'm more than happy to sign up and try out new PSN titles next-gen, and any game that comes free that I don't own I will happily download and play.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:13:01 PM by AVFCRoss »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
Bought a mate's PS3 off him just so I can buy The Last of Us.  ;D Gave me all his games too so I'm playing GT5 atm. For a game that's nearly 3 years old it's still gorgeous. I've noticed the PSN Store looks a lot better since I last had a PS3.

Offline Late

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »

Offline harv

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »
Lmfao ;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »
I hate to join a bandwagon, but in this case it's amusing me...

Offline jman

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
The main point about digital downloads over a renting service like PS+ is that I can keep my games long after my subscription or anything else has finished.. they are mine forever.  Say there goes 2 months on PS+ where I've played all the games on offer or I'm not interested in them.. and there's likely to be months like that - your paying money to upkeep the games you have downloaded in the past.  That doesn't interest me.. and I don't know too much detail about the games on offer on PS+ either but if Ross is saying he owns 90% of them.. there's a good chance that I too would own a vast majority of them too before they arrived on the service.

Plus I wouldn't be too expectant for the service not to get watered down now that it includes online multiplayer features are there will be a ton of new subscribers... the first game you'll get with PS+ on the PS4 is a bit of a jip.. a F2P version of Drive Club.. even MS are doing a F2P version of Killer Instinct... :-\  Maybe it will be like this for a good few months until there's actual games they can give away for free.. who knows.

Ross.. your actual word about having to pay for online gaming was "criminal"  ;D  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
Say there goes 2 months on PS+ where I've played all the games on offer or I'm not interested in them.. and there's likely to be months like that - your paying money to upkeep the games you have downloaded in the past.
You're see it as you're paying for the games.
I'm seeing it the other way round. I'm paying for the online service. The games are just a bonus. (And a pretty bloody good bonus.)

I'm paying for gold anyway. I'll pay for ps+ in the exact same way.
I don't care if the free games require me to keep my subs up - I was going to pay them anyway. Irrespective of what games are on offer. Even if no games are on offer.
I'm getting it because I'm perfectly prepared to pay a couple of quid a month for online gaming (even though I don't often game online) - exactly the same as on the xbox.
Getting dozens of full games for free every year is just a bonus - and one that means I may well save a lot of money buying retail games.
It's entirely possibly the games might stink some months, but the service has been up and running for a year now and the quality so far has been impressive, from what I've seen.
It'll probably take a bit of a dip in the year or so after ps4 starts, because it's all about giving people back-catalogue games and of course there's unlikely to be much of a back-catalogue when the console's new.
Either way, though, I maintain ps+ is a better service than gold.

Offline Late

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »
Games given away in the last year on PS+ (EU):
1   Batman: Arkham City
2   Big Sky Infinity (PS3 & Vita)
3   Bioshock 2
4   Borderlands
5   Bulletstorm
6   Catherine
7   Chime Super Deluxe
8   Chronovolt (Vita)
9   Coconut Dodge Revitalised (Vita)
10   Crysis 2
11   Cubixx HD
12   Darksiders
13   Dead or Alive 5
14   Dead Space 2
15   Demon’s Souls
16   Deus Ex: Human Revolution
17   Double Dragon Neon
18   F1 Race Stars
19   Gravity Rush (Vita)
20   Guardians of Middle Earth
21   Hamsterball
22   Hell yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit
23   Hitman Absolution
24   ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
25   inFamous 2
26   Jet Set Radio HD (Vita)
27   Joe Danger 2
28   Just Cause 2
29   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
30   Knytt Underground (PS3 & Vita)
31   Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light
32   Limbo
33   LittleBigPlanet 2
34   LittleBigPlanet Karting
35   Lord of the Rings: War in the North
36   Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita)
37   Machinarium
38   Magic Orbz
39   Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
40   Malicious
41   Mass Effect 3
42   Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita)
43   Mortal Kombat (Vita)
44   Motorstorm Apocalypse
45   Mushroom Wars
46   Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
47   Okami HD
48   Outland
49   Pinball Arcade (Vita)
50   Puddle (Vita)
51   Quantum Conundrum
52   Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
53   Rayman Origins (Vita)
54   Red Dead Redemption
55   Renegade Ops
56   Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
57   Retro/Grade
58   Ricochet HD
59   Rock of Ages
60   Saints Row 2
61   Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
62   Sine Mora (Vita)
63   Sky Fighter
64   Sleeping Dogs
65   Smash Cars
66   Starhawk
67   Super Stardust Portable (Vita)
68   Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Vita)
69   The Cave
70   Thomas Was Alone (PS3 & Vita)
71   Uncharted 3 Drake’s Deception
72   Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
73   Vanquish
74   Velocity Ultra HD (Vita)
75   Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
76   Wakeboarding HD
77   Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
78   WipEout 2048 (Vita)
79   XCOM: Enemy Unknown
80   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)