https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Sales Figures  (Read 13008 times)

Offline jman

Sales Figures
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »
Probably be an idea to stick all sales figures discussions in a separate thread as it does clog up the video games thread a bit and I wanted a new thread to gloat over harv being so wrong... because it happens so often  ;D

So according to vgchartz - the PS4 has now overtaken the Wii U lifetime sales.. PS4 on 38.6%, Wii U on 38%.  So it has taken 3.5 months to do this.. I previously predicted it would overtake it within 6 months.. harv said it wouldn't. 

So are you willing to admit I was right yet harv ?  ;D

___________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I found this beauty from October..

My prediction back then :-

I'll be predicting the Wii U will be nearing 6m by March 2014 - Nintendo still predict 9m - but then Nintendo have missed every single target they predicted since the Wii U released by a long shot... they have done less than 500k in the last 6 months... so predicting 5 million in the next 6 months just seems a bit off to me...

Well the Wii U is on 5.8m so I was close!

Harvs prediction :-

It's easily going to do at least 3m between now and the end of the year. Wii Fit U and Super Mario 3D World are going to be huge system sellers on their own even before you take Christmas shopping into account. You think the world and his wife are going to buy a PS4 or One instead..? Where's the stock going to come from..? :o Even if Sony and Microsoft manage to get more than 2m consoles on shop shelves (which imo is doubtful) they'll be sold out quicker than you can blink leaving the Wii U as an attractive alternative that's cheaper and actually available to buy.

3m sales over the Christmas shopping season (which remember includes Black Friday in the States) would actually be poor sales for a console seeing its second Christmas. :-\

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

Re: Sales Figures
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:15:47 PM »
Okay, so I was wrong :(

Here's another prediction for you - unless Microsoft have some major Megatons ready for E3 this year both the PS4 and Wii U will have twice the installed userbase of the Xbox One before the end of the Summer. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
Well you've done the right thing by sticking that in the "Harv is crap at predicting" thread.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:54 AM »
 ;D ;D

That would require the Wii U to start outselling the Xb1 - that's not going to happen anytime soon harv... Titanfall may not sell as many units as Mario Kart - but its definitely a system seller.. so I'd expect the struggling European numbers to get a nice little boost in the next few weeks.  We'll see the xb1 overtake the Wii U figures within 4-9 months.

Offline Late

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
I'm not sure which will sell better - Titanfall or Mario Kart (I suspect Mario Kart, as everyone with a Wii U will want to buy it - it'd be stupid to have a U and not buy it tbh), but I'm 100% certain Titanfall will sell more consoles than Mario Kart will.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 10:42:22 AM »

Titanfall day in North America.

Offline Late

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 10:53:01 AM »

Offline jman

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 12:26:23 PM »
lol

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 04:25:13 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

They certainly need something to get the One out of the shit in Europe. Wonder what Microsoft will do if it doesn't fix the problem..? :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »
Well Titanfall took 2 weeks to go platinum..  Week 1 = 902k, Week 2 = 208k

So it sold more in its first week than all bar 5 Wii U games have sold in their lifetime ;D ;D

So Wii U sold 114k in March, X1 sold 342k - so the Wii U is running at 1/3rd sales.  Seeing as the X1 is just under 2m sales behind the Wii U.. it would take 3m units to overtake them if they ran at the same numbers per month... I make that 9 months.. and fits nicely into my prediction.  ;)

Hows your prediction coming along harv.. this one..

both the PS4 and Wii U will have twice the installed userbase of the Xbox One before the end of the Summer. ;D

;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
I said before the end of the Summer. Mario Kart 8 is being released on 30th May. ;)

The sales boost that Titanfall has given the Xbox One was expected...but won't last. Microsoft still need to do something, and something long-term, to stop the Xbox One from being a flop in Europe. That small price cut and Titanfall isn't enough.

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »
Microsoft have officially announced that they've shipped a total of 5.1m Xbox Ones. That's really not good. Means they've probably sold around 4.2m to customers. :-\

This year's E3 is probably the most important E3 that Microsoft have had since they joined the console race years ago. They need to drop some serious Megatonnage to try and turn things around. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 08:59:12 AM »
So Nintendo have reported a $457m annual loss (3rd yearly loss in a row) - ouch!

And they are predicting 3.6m Wii U's to be sold next year  ;D ;D  Not only is that a pathetic number.. but I reckon they will struggle with that anyway.  (April '13 - March '14 was 2.7m)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:01:30 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 09:08:54 AM »
TBH I expect sales of the U to be higher this year than last year.
In the last year it was up against the ps4 and xbox one, but it's now out of that race and has effectively found it's niche as the second console. There's little point getting a ps4 if you have an xb1 and there's little point getting an xb1 if you have a ps4, so people who are looking to buy a console this year might be tempted by the Wii U. Especially if it's half the cost of the two proper consoles.
I'm tempted myself. If I weren't flat broke I might well have gone for the U with Mario Kart and Zelda for £199 that was recently on (not sure if it still is).

Offline jman

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »
Doubt it.. its got Mario Kart 8 at the end of the month and another Super Smash game in a quarter or two ... other than that.. the calendar of 1st party releases is looking pretty bleak from Nintendo - and we all know its pointless buying a Nintendo console for 3rd party games.

Like you said, you'd buy it for 1st party games.. but even I wouldn't justify paying £200 to play 2 games.. knowing full well that there's bollocks else available for a console that has been out for 18 months - and you'll be spending most of your time playing on your primary console anyway.   And its not just £200 either.. if you've got young'uns or mates you intend to play with, you've got to buy all the extra wanky controllers and other guff too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:55:33 PM by jman »