https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Sales Figures  (Read 13007 times)

Offline harv

Re: Sales Figures
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »
There are plenty of first party titles on the way. In addition to Mario Kart 8 and SSBU they've also got Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, SMT x Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi and possibly Zelda U on the way. I think we'll also see another couple of games given the Wind Waker HD treatment too before the end of the year, my money would be on Eternal Darkness and either Wave Race or F-Zero.

And then you've got the chance of more collaborations with indie developers like the ones with Platinum Games for The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 02:18:16 PM »
Also forgot to mention Miyamoto's new game and the rumoured NFC game (assuming they're not the same thing).
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »
Are any of them developed by Nintendo... when we are talking 1st party on a Nintendo system, we aren't talking about Nintendo publishing the games ;D ;D  To be honest, I didn't need to tell you that, you are just being a nob.

Nintendo published the European versions of Sonic Lost World - what does that mean, its a 1st party game over here ?  It means diddly shit mate..

Offline Late

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »
The small fortune you spend on the peripherals did annoy me on the Wii. I'd be alright with a Wii U, though, as I still have my wii somewhere, together with all the wiimotes and nunchucks, and I'm sure they're compatible. (Though I'm not sure if you need wiimote plus. I think I have 3 standard wiimotes, one adaptor, and one integrated wiimote-plus, but I'm not sure - it's been a few years...)

The games are mainly cheap. If I had the console (and assuming I'd got Mario Kart and Wind Waker bundled) I'd be satisfied without buying any other games for a while - and I'd happily pay a tenner each for Wonderful 101, Super Mario World, ZombiU, Lego City, and possibly one or two others.
Not much in the pipeline, but that's fine - as a second console I'd be happy buying a game once every two months or so - so buying the above plus X and Super Smash Brothers should see me through this year, and they'll likely get a Zelda game and a few interesting bits and pieces here and there that I don't know about in 2015.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not going to buy one. No way I could afford to any time soon. But I'm saying I can definitely see an appeal now that I couldn't last year.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:55 PM »
Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, X, Zelda U, Miyamoto's new game/NFC title are all developed by Nintendo studios.

Atlus are part owned by Nintendo as far as I remember (and I forgot to add the new Fatal Frame game to that list too) and you can be sure that Nintendo are overseeing everything being done for SSBU, although the franchise is in very capable hands even if they weren't.

And the games given the Wind Waker HD treatment will also be developed by Nintendo studios, although not for long given that Wind Waker HD was done from start to finish in something like 4 or 5 months.

What could be interesting is if Nintendo make their conversion software available to third parties. It will allow third parties a VERY low risk opportunity to support the Wii U for an easy profit. Nintendo must have made a ridiculous amount of money from Wind Waker HD going by the sales of it. Probably only cost around £500K to develop, if that.

We'll have to wait and see what else is on the way at E3 when the Treehouse starts up, but there's a healthy list of games on the way already as I've mentioned.

Offline harv

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 05:02:40 PM »
And no, Sonic Lost World is not a first party title, neither is Monster Hunter. I'm including SSBU, Hyrule Warriors and SMT x Fire Emblem as 'first party' because they involve exclusives of first party IPs developed by third party indie developers. As such I also see The Wonderful 101 being a first party title despite being developed by an indie developer because it's a Nintendo owned IP.

Offline jman

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
Well you can say what you want, I will only count Mario Kart 8 and SSBU as the 1st party games on the Nintendo calendar for release this year.  Hyrule Warriors - I'll give you that one.. except it has no release date, Zelda U - not even been announced as in development.

I think they will struggle to hit 3m console sales this year - the lack of games is really going to affect the console this time around, especially with a lot of AAA quality 3rd party games releasing soon on everything but the Wii U.

Offline Late

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 10:34:34 AM »
Obviously there's good weeks and bad weeks for each console, and from time to time you might see a really good console have a bad week, or a really bad console have a good week - so comparing console sales will of course show up a few anomalies.

Oh. No. It doesn't. The xbox One has outsold the Wii U in every single week since it's launch.
 ;D

Latest weekly figures:
PS4127,769
X-One80,165
PS346,520
X-36030,999
Wii-U29,738
Wii10,138

Kudos to the ps4 - still massively outselling the competition.
lol @ the Wii U still selling less than the ps3 and the xbox 360.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »
Those figures will change at the end of the month mate.

Iwata has also announced at the latest investor's meeting that they're going to jump on the figurine bandwagon so that should shift a few consoles, especially if they marry that up with a Pokemon U game of some description. Nintendo have also trademarked Pokken and Pokken Tournament too so that could be one of the titles in question.

They'll probably have those two or three NFP games coming before the end of the year, and as I've already mentioned they've alsoggot X and Yarn Yoshi on the way, although we'll have to wait until E3 for release dates I expect.

So from Nintendo we'll probably see:

Mario Kart 8
SSBU
X
NFP game 1 (Miyamoto's new IP)
NFP game 2
GameCube HD game 1
GameCube HD game 2
Wii Sports Boxing and Wii Sports Baseball

Some people have the opinion that we'll see three GameCube games given the Wind Waker HD treatment but I reckon we'll only see two myself.

And then you've got Bayonetta 2 to add to that list as well as Yarn Yoshi which we may see this year or early next year.

There isn't going to be a shortage of output from Nintendo this year.

Offline harv

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »
And of course those figures above are worldwide figures, the Xbox One has been a complete flop in Europe.

Ironically enough the Xbox One hasn't been doing that much better than the Wii U during its launch and launch window periods. At the end of financial quarter 4 (31st March) the Wii U sold, not shipped) 3.3m consoles. Microsoft haven't said a word about sales, they've just mentioned shipments, 5.1m consoles - which is NOT good. There are some people that don't even think the One has done over 4m yet, I'd say it's more like 4.2m by now and that the VGC figures are overtracked.

The fact that Microsoft haven't said a word about sales speaks volumes, I think they're going to have to have a drastic price cut to get it out of the shite, we're not too far away from having twice as many PS4 consoles in homes which could have serious repercussions with third parties further on down the line.

And if Sony decide to cut the price of the PS4 in response then Microsoft and the Xbox One are screwed. Can't see that happening though tbh, but it would certainly kill of the Xbox One if they did do it :o :-\ :o

Offline Late

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 11:37:51 PM »
Lol.

Oh. You're being serious about how the Wii U selling bad is about to turn around because they're bringing out a load of ancient GameCube games?

Offline harv

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 12:42:11 AM »
I said no such thing. I said that their NFP titles should shift a few consoles, particularly if one of these is Pokken or has any sort of connection to Pokemon.

The GameCube HD games will certainly add to Nintendo's output though.

Iwata has also confirmed that both Bayonetta 2 and X will be targeting a 2014 release still. So we'll be looking at the following confirmed to be coming this year:

Mario Kart 8
SSBU
X
Bayonetta 2 (and yes, technically this is a first party title despite Platinum Games owning the IP because the game wouldn't exist without Nintendo)
Hyrule Warriors

With the following likely to be coming sometime within the next 12 months

NFP game 1 (Miyamoto's new IP) - probably before Christmas
NFP game 2
GameCube HD game 1 - probably before Christmas
GameCube HD game 2
Wii Sports Boxing and Wii Sports Baseball - probably before Christmas
Yarn Yoshi
SMT x Fire Emblem

Which brings it to 12 titles during this next 12 months. Doesn't look 'pretty bleak' to me.

And the Nintendo output has also been excellent up to this point in time too - Nintendo Land, NSMB U, NSL U, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club.

Offline Late

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 01:39:57 AM »
Of those 12 games how many would you buy?

I see zero 'must buys', three 'possibles', and nine 'not even remotely interested in the slightest'.

NFC games won't sell consoles. They're a great idea on an established platform, but if you don't have the console then the idea of buying a console so that you can buy a peripheral that allows the use of additional expensive peripheral figurines doesn't just sound unappealing - it sounds horrifying.
GameCube games are unlikely to sell all that well. They're twelve years old, the best ones have already been done to death (best selling GameCube games being Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario, Wind Waker), and they don't come remotely close to the appeal of either a new IP or a new game in an established/loved franchise.
And nobody in their right minds is going to buy a wii u so that they can play Wii sports. Everyone played Wii sports on the Wii. It was fun. In 2006. You're deluded if you think anyone's going to pay £250 to play the same game but with online multiplayer added.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:46:31 AM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 10:04:17 AM »
How is "Bayonetta 2" technically a Nintendo 1st party game..

A quote from this article suggests Nintendo have got fuck all to do with Bayonetta 2->

Has the game changed much since Nintendo came into the picture?

YH: Actually the spec hasn't changed at all. Really, Nintendo has been more as an observer, and really good to just let us do our work, but to point out some minor things throughout the course of development.

It's an exclusive and nothing more than that.. Sega own the IP, Platinum Games are developing it and Nintendo are publishing it.. probably because Sega, nor any other publisher wanted to.

And the Nintendo output has also been excellent up to this point in time too - Nintendo Land, NSMB U, NSL U, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club.

And yet even with that output, it's constantly tracking way below the X1 and PS4 in sales every single week.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:06:30 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
Mario Kart 8
X
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
GameCube HD game 1 - if it's Eternal Darkness
GameCube HD game 2 - if it's F-Zero or Wave Race
Wii Sports Boxing (the online play makes all of the Wii Sports games on the Wii U worth buying for plenty of people)
Yarn Yoshi

I'm going to be buying all of the above.

And whilst Sega own the IP the game wouldn't exist if Nintendo hadn't picked it up. Technically it's a second party title because Platinum Games are an indie developer, but like I've said before it wouldn't exist if Nintendo hadn't stepped in so I'm including it as a first party tile.