https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 684364 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2925 on: September 19, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »
I think it's pretty cool when a game that shouldn't really work well on paper ends up being ridiculously entertaining. The same can be said for Little Inferno, done by the same guys that did World of Goo. You've basically got a catalogue that you can order stuff from and a furnace and set light to things that you order. And that's it lol. When you burn stuff it drops money which you use to buy more stuff. It's kind of a puzzle game where you burn different items together, the combo name gives you a clue of what items to use. Once you solve the combos for a catalogue you get another catalogue in the post lol. It REALLY shouldn't be fun. But it's a real blast. :o ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2926 on: September 19, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Should be lots of cool Minecraft content for Xbox users down the line now that MS have acquired it (well, Mojang) for a cool $2.5billion.  :o :o :o

They even think they'll make that back by the middle of next year! I'm ignorant to the popularity of it as it doesn't appeal to me, but I'm reliably informed that there's potentially a lot of money to be made from merchandise, toys and perhaps even a film adaptation.

Talk about splashing the cash. They're apparently sitting on about $80bn and it looks like they're prepared to throw some of that around to back the XB1.

Offline Late

« Reply #2927 on: September 19, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
Played Little Inferno a fortnight back. Was okay, but I got bored and just printed out a list of combos about a quarter of the way through, so that I could see the ending. Which I didn't understand.

I seem to recall reading a while back that Mojang made 70m profit last year. I think that was in GBP£.
So you could argue that if it continued at that pace Microsoft will start reaping the benefits in about 21 years' time.

TBH it'd be a fantastic acquisition if they'd bought it before the game came out on Sony's platforms. But afterwards? I'm not so sure.

Certainly can't blame Notch for walking away, with billions in the bank and no responsibilities.
He could even afford to have plastic surgery so the disgruntled portion of the interwebs can't find him.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2928 on: September 22, 2014, 10:39:46 AM »
Been on a retro trip recently...

Downloaded a decent emulator at work called RetroCopy64.. its an Arcade, NES, SNES, Game Gear, Master System and a Genesis emulator all in one.

Started with the Megadrive... first games I downloaded were Aladdin, Road Rash and Urban Strike.. started playing Urban Strike and I couldn't put it down.. its still so good to play.. I'm actually gonna stop playing and download Desert Strike today instead and play Desert/Jungle/Urban back to back

Also finally downloaded SNESDroid for my phone (which has a psx controller built in).. and started playing Super Mario All-Stars (SMB1, 2 and 3 in one cart).. worked perfectly with the controller and has given my phone a new lease of life... will probably download Chrono-Trigger and Super Mario Kart tonight and that will do me for a while.

Offline harv

« Reply #2929 on: September 26, 2014, 01:03:48 AM »
There's a Road Rash inspired indie game coming to consoles soonish called Road Redemption.

Have been continuing my playthrough of Hyrule Warriors and it just gets better and better. The music in particular is fantastic.

Am on level 5 now. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2930 on: September 28, 2014, 02:05:29 AM »
Well my guess of a couple of hundred hours worth of entertainment from Hyrule Warriors was pretty spot on. The Completionist put it at 200+ hours to 100% the game :o And that's before you take into account the DLC being released between October and February next year.

Just had a quick look at Adventure Mode and Challenge Mode and they're great. Adventure Mode has a front end that has a grid of squares (in NES Legend Of Zelda-o-vision) and to travel to the adjacent squares you need to complete the square you start on with an A, B or C grade. Have only done a couple so far and the challenges are things like kill 300 enemies in 10 minutes and stuff like that. There's also an online component to that mode but I haven't looked into that yet.

As far as entertainment goes I'm putting this slightly ahead of both Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 but behind The Wonderful 101, but it's going to take something VERY special to beat The Wonderful 101 as my best.game of this generation.

Offline jman

« Reply #2931 on: October 03, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »
Downloaded Chariot for the free game this month on X1 and after only playing for an hour, I absolutely love it, a very addictive puzzle/logic platformer, could easily sink 30+ hours into this if I went for the full achievement list I reckon.  Plus it's simplistic approach should make co-op mode quite fun, I might even buy a 2nd controller just for this!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:28:07 PM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #2932 on: October 04, 2014, 03:05:22 PM »
Also saw that Defense Grid 2 was available to download from last week.. £20 seems a bit steep though although its pretty much the same price across all platforms.  I might give in if I get bored of Chariot.. I've played it for a good couple of hours extra and the play is wearing a little thin because it doesn't do much to shake things up - still a great game.. just a bit repetitive

And saw the trailer for D4 - that game looks Japanese bat-shit crazy.. although I like the sound of the plot... shame its episodic.. doesn't make me want to play the first episode straight away.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:07:00 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2933 on: October 05, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
Have downloaded the free game but haven't had a look yet.
Will definitely have to buy defence grid 2 at some point. Loved the first one.
Still busy with Minecraft for now though.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2934 on: October 05, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »
I'll get defense grid 2 next month I think, chariot is perfect in small bites, so will easily last me the month.. Im half way through the story mode at around 7-10 hours but there will be plenty to do afterwards

Been playing super knock out on the snes, jeez how hard is Aran Ryan... a right bugger

Offline jman

« Reply #2935 on: October 08, 2014, 07:56:06 PM »
Completed Chariot's storyline.. some of the levels take an age to complete... only about 45% through the 'chievo list... some of them are rock hard... but I don't think I will be 100%'ing it.. mainly because I cant be arsed getting gold on all speed-runs... not only are the speed-runs really hard to get gold on... but some of the levels are just fucking annoying... it would definitely be easier if you upgrade the sprint perk to the max... but I haven't done that yet... so perhaps if the speed-runs are easier with it.. I might consider it... but also you need a 2nd controller to 100%.. and I don't think I will be buying one just yet.. maybe Christmas.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:58:10 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2936 on: October 10, 2014, 04:44:35 PM »
I've now played the demo of Bayonetta 2 and am a very happy bunny. Everything I was hoping it was going to be. I've absoltely no idea how Platinum Games have managed to squeeze this game into the Wii U, it's absolutely stunning. Going to take me AGES to memorise the different combos though, there's LOADS of them :o ;D

Also helped my first Network Link in the online feature of Hyrule Warriors, no thanks to him/her though because they did bugger all of any use so I had to do most of the work...and in doing so I took too much damage and missed out on an A rating which is bloody annoying >:( Still, got a bloody great big fuck off weapon for my troubles lol 8)

First bit of DLC is going to be automatically downloaded to my Wii U on the 17th of this month, got the Season Pass equivalent for £13.49 which gives you all 4 bits of DLC and you get a good amount of extra content to add to an already content-rich game. I'm probably going to put hundreds of hours into this game :o

Offline harv

« Reply #2937 on: October 13, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
Blimey, looks like Bayonetta 2 is going down well with reviewers so far :o

At the time of posting there's 9/35 perfect scores so far. And one clickbait review from Game Revolution giving it 3.5/5 lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2938 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »
So many games I want out in the next month or so

Shadow of Mordor looks great
So does alien isolation, they are already out
Sunset overdrive out in the next week or so
Civilization out at the end of the month
Halo MC collection out in a month
Then far cry 4 a week later
 8) 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2939 on: October 13, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »
Going to get Bayonetta 2 for my birthday on the 28th of this month and depending on reviews Sonic Boom and Watch Dogs for Christmas. 8)