https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE TWO  (Read 522948 times)

Offline Marv999

Re: CONFERENCE TWO
« Reply #3285 on: October 25, 2022, 11:49:34 AM »
Thanks deca and iwopp. Glad to see you two still going strong. Been a while since I've been around. Season 126 or 127 was my last I think. Shame to have lost my team with all the history attached to it but I thought I was done with this damn game! Conference 2 looking very strong these days!
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline Marv999

« Reply #3286 on: October 25, 2022, 11:52:09 AM »
Season 129 or 130 actually. Nearly 40 seasons anyway. What's changed?!

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3287 on: October 25, 2022, 03:39:10 PM »
Welcome Marv, great to see you back mate.

Best of luck with the build and hope to see you soon in 2-1-1 :)
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Marv999

« Reply #3288 on: October 25, 2022, 04:36:10 PM »
Cheers kush :) I'm going to try a new formation to me so we will see how it goes. Going to trial Xmas tree for a while and see how it does. If not I'll revert to something more traditional. Fornow I'll work my way up and hopefully bother time I get to 2-1-1 I'll have a team that can be semi competitive

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #3289 on: October 26, 2022, 01:32:04 AM »
Hi conference 2, not sure how any of you will remember the name but I'm back and I'm gunning for my conference 2 title again! My good mate Spiteri has just roped me back into playing for a bit again, so im going to see how the community still is here on this game. See you in a few seasons... Time to build a squad!

Welcome back, Marv!

I'm glad to see that Old Fullerians is back in business.

Good luck !

Offline Gull

« Reply #3290 on: October 26, 2022, 07:42:54 AM »
Welcome back Marv - there isn't much of a community to be honest, only 7 or 8 regular posters. I have a reserve team coming up to 2-1-1 soon so will do battle soon.

Offline Marv999

« Reply #3291 on: October 26, 2022, 11:44:33 AM »
Cheers Mihai and gull. It's a shame this game had such a fall from grace. I remember back in the days of the old Oscar server I think it was it was super busy. How times change

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3292 on: October 26, 2022, 01:22:39 PM »
Cheers kush :) I'm going to try a new formation to me so we will see how it goes. Going to trial Xmas tree for a while and see how it does. If not I'll revert to something more traditional. Fornow I'll work my way up and hopefully bother time I get to 2-1-1 I'll have a team that can be semi competitive

Interesting choice of formation Marv, I remember using the same many years ago on one of my alt accounts but sadly I can not remember how it performed.

I'm sure you already know it's all about building a very strong attributed team but recently there have been certain formations that have also performed and correlated well with a strong attributed team.

Antony performed exceptionally well with his Experimental team winning C2 2 seasons in a row with a 1-8-1 formation a few seasons back. I do feel there are some formations out there that will definitely effect results even with a strong team because that formation is just pure rubbish but I'm more than sure there are also a few hidden gems that have not been tried yet.
Forum Admin

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #3293 on: October 26, 2022, 04:07:27 PM »
I absolutely agree there is a formation out there that can take over SL and make everyone change again, it’s just finding it!! Floriana with 4-1-3-1-1 does amazing.
BALDBEAN FC

Offline Gull

« Reply #3294 on: October 26, 2022, 09:17:12 PM »
I absolutely agree there is a formation out there that can take over SL and make everyone change again, it’s just finding it!! Floriana with 4-1-3-1-1 does amazing.

Not surprised 4-1-3-1-1 does well, pretty much a 4-5-1. Can see Christmas Tree formation being alright actually, 4 defenders and 5 midfielders in that one too.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 09:19:37 PM by Gull »

Offline Marv999

« Reply #3295 on: October 28, 2022, 04:01:35 PM »
Fingers crossed anyway. We can only hope. Back in the day I ran 352 attacking and had decent success with that. And later towards the end i did try 253 before it got as popular as it is now, but could never get it to work, even with the advantage of almost perfect gelling and morale every game.

Spiteri does amazing with 41311 and I've heard about him winning 211 with 181 aswell. And I mean, if that can win conferences then I'm sure any formation can!

I appreciate its pretty much about stats now from what I'm hearing. You have the best players it's not necessarily what formation you play, your in with a pretty good shout.

I was going to try 3412 coming back but essentially I'm hoping Xmas tree won't be terrible. 4 at the back and 5 midfielders too so we shall see.

I'll be honest though, my gut tells me it won't work out as strong as other formations... but still... 181?! That gives me hope haha  ;D

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #3296 on: October 30, 2022, 02:05:03 PM »
Fingers crossed anyway. We can only hope. Back in the day I ran 352 attacking and had decent success with that. And later towards the end i did try 253 before it got as popular as it is now, but could never get it to work, even with the advantage of almost perfect gelling and morale every game.

Spiteri does amazing with 41311 and I've heard about him winning 211 with 181 aswell. And I mean, if that can win conferences then I'm sure any formation can!

I appreciate its pretty much about stats now from what I'm hearing. You have the best players it's not necessarily what formation you play, your in with a pretty good shout.

I was going to try 3412 coming back but essentially I'm hoping Xmas tree won't be terrible. 4 at the back and 5 midfielders too so we shall see.

I'll be honest though, my gut tells me it won't work out as strong as other formations... but still... 181?! That gives me hope haha  ;D

Nice to see a familiar face back Marv. I tried 3412 the last time I returned and it didn't work out too well for me - it could have just been my players but I seemed to really struggle.

Look forward to playing against you soon.
The Seg

Offline Marv999

« Reply #3297 on: October 30, 2022, 09:29:43 PM »
Thanks Chazz. Good to see you again bud. Can't believe how any names I still remember. Credit to you guys for being on here for all this time.

Always find my way back. This is stint number 3 I think. Spiteri always manages to get me back somehow lol.

To be honest I probably should have picked a nice safe easy formation coming back but part of me wanted to experiment and hopefully find something different that worked.

If all else fails I can revert to something more mainstream but I like the idea of making something unique work.

Can't remember the name of the team back in the day but the made either 23212 or 31312 work and it amazed me. Now spiteri has done things with 181 and 41311. There are some out there that can be useable for sure with the right players and stats

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3298 on: October 31, 2022, 02:24:25 PM »
Well done Ivor, my winning streak is finally over :D

10 points clear with 9 games to go, I should be favourites... Hoping no more setbacks  8)
Forum Admin

Offline iwopp

« Reply #3299 on: October 31, 2022, 04:48:31 PM »
Actually feel a tad guilty for breaking your winning streak Kush, but i needed the point to push for a top four Finnish.  :)
jellybellies