https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Champions League 2015-2016  (Read 21818 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: Champions League 2015-2016
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2015, 02:09:29 AM »
I'm not saying anything yet, the way we're playing we could be joining Utd in the Europa league. Porto will not be easy tomorrow, bearing in mind we lost at home to mighty Bournemouth.

Harv, shots and possession don't count for squat if you don;t score enough goals to win the game.

I think Chelsea had 19 shots and something like 6 or 9 on target against Bournemouth at the weekend. Meant nothing without one of them hitting the back of the net.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »
Wolfsburg fully deserved to win the match, I was watching it and they could of had 4 or 5 by half-time... united were far less dangerous in possession of the ball and their chances were mainly pot-shots from outside the area.  Still don't understand why Looney took off Mata and bought on Powell.. a player who couldn't even get into the Leicester side last year.. fucking madness  ;D ;D

Going out of the Champions League wouldn't be so bad if we weren't forced to play in the crappy Europa League >:(

This just sums up the lowered expectations of united fans these days...hilarious.. even Moyes got past the group stage... Looney has spent over £250m since then..  ;D ;D

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Onto more important matters.. have to say I'm worried about tonight.. Porto are a good side and we are bang out of form (although our European form has been ok).  But ultimately this is what worries me the most.. harv's prediction at the start of the thread...

We should win that group I reckon. Both arse and Chelski should go through and Citeh are well and truly FUCKED lmfao ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :o :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2015, 09:54:48 PM »
That was quite a reasonable prediction at the time. You were probably thinking the same thing yourself. And I got 2 out of 4 right anyway lol :P ;D ;D ;D

Well that's arse and Chelski joining the Bitters in the next round. Probably good that 3 out of 4 English clubs are through because it's better for our chances of 4 Champions League places again next season.

Mind you, for Chelski to play Champions League football next season they're going to have to win the thing this season :o :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »
Well that was a comfortable win last night.. got a bit lucky with the first goal, but we did enough to fully deserve a win..  I thought arsenal would win.. in fact, I made a fair bit of wonga last night.. had a £9 double on Arsenal (-1.0) and Chelsea (-1.0) - came back with over £130  ;D ;D  Best bet return I've had since Cheltenham  ;D ;D  I put £1 on Costa scoring first too.. unfortunately it counted as an o.g.  :P

Just like to point out that last time Chelsea finished outside the top 4.. they went on to win the champions league.. just saying.. that's all!!  I think we've got a great chance.. would be worthy of a bet too.. we only conceded 3 in our group games.. we should be firing on all cylinders come the new year.. and if we have nothing to play for in the PL.. then all of our efforts could be put into trying to win the CL.. at 18/1 - that's great value for money  ;) ;) ;D

And harv.. you said Chelsea should of chopped Mourinho to get Klopp when he was available.. same logic applies to united and Looney.. you are going backwards under Looney.  The fact he hailed the progress in this years capital cup over last year as "an improvement" actually made me laugh out loud  ;D  He was very close to going into a full rafa "FACT" spazz out again just like he did last season too (with the long ball claims).  You aren't going to win anything under him.. its been clear from day one - I hope you keep him and give him another 100m to spend next season.. one thing he is fantastic at.. is wasting money!

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
Why is Harv still posting in this thread??

Go make a Europa League thread.

Offline jman

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2015, 08:50:43 AM »
Because he's a voyeur  ;D ;D

And he has a secret obsession with Chelsea.. because they are the most successful English team this side of the millennia  ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »

Well that's arse and Chelski joining the Bitters in the next round. Probably good that 3 out of 4 English clubs are through because it's better for our chances of 4 Champions League places again next season.

Actually, winning the Europa League is massive for our European coefficient. When Chelsea won the Europa league it did more for England's coefficient than the performance of our teams in the Champions League that season. There's not a huge difference in winning either competition.

Plus, winning the Europa League gets you a place in the Champions League the following season now.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2015, 07:58:34 AM »
It would still take a few years for England to lose that 4th spot.. its just media hype.. English teams would have to do really badly in all Europe competitions and Italy would have to do fantastic.... and although both Italian teams went through this year.. both in 2nd place.. they are most likely to go out in the next round.  (All 3 of their coefficients went through in Europa league though.)

So draw is at 11am today.. teams in the pot are :

Real Madrid,
Wolfsburg
Atlético Madrid
Manchester City
Barcelona
Bayern München
Chelsea
Zenit

Paris Saint-Germain
PSV Eindhoven
Benfica
Juventus
Roma
Arsenal
Dynamo Kyiv
Gent

Anyone but PSG would be fine.. but I still think we have the capabilities to beat them should we get them again...

I'll go (as a guess) :
Chelsea vs Benfica
Man City vs Dynamo Kyiv
Real Madrid vs Arsenal

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:00:43 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2015, 11:12:56 AM »
OUCH  ;D  Oh well, gotta beat the best teams at some point.. gives us chance for revenge

PSG vs Chelsea
Arsenal vs Barcelona
Dynamo Kiev vs Man City

Roma vs Real Madrid
Gent vs Wolfsburg
Juventus vs Bayern Munich
PSV vs Athletico Madrid
Benfica vs Zenit

Offline jman

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:47 AM »
Can't see us keeping a clean sheet tonight with JT and Zouma out.. Cahill and Brani at the back - just doesn't fill me with confidence... still if we get spanked.. then they top bods should bloody well realise that not giving JT another extension would be madness.  ;D

Can see Guus going with Mikel and Matic in midfield aswell - defensive as ever.. playing with Costa on the counter - don't think its going to be a pretty game.  Hopefully Luiz gets sent off  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »
You'll be better off if Louise stays on the pitch lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »
Mikel  :o. I was ranting at how useless he is, then he scores a goal  ;D ;D

He's still useless  :-[

Offline harv

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 10:39:10 PM »
Not a disastrous result, that away goal could prove invaluable if you can keep a clean sheet at your house.

Offline jman

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2016, 07:52:11 AM »
Bit disappointed though... both of their goals were bullshit goals to give away - I thought we played really well in both halves.. but once PSG stepped the tempo up in the 2nd half it became more of a backs to the walls type of performance.  Against Barca or Real.. I'd of taken a 2-1 loss away.... but I felt we had enough to draw against PSG, possibly win the match. 

Still it was a decent match.. and we still have a very good chance to progress

Offline harv

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2016, 01:16:17 AM »
Fucking hell, the Bitters beat Dynamo Kebab 1-3 :o