https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 680872 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2295 on: October 27, 2013, 05:51:46 AM »
Wow, the developers on the Smithy's Anvil forum are well on the way to bringing custom DLC for Rocksmith 2014 - and the game was only released on the 22nd. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2296 on: October 27, 2013, 09:18:54 AM »
Forgot how fucking awesome Lost Odyssey is, 2 hours into a brand new game and loving it all over again, definitely top 5 game this gen and top 5 rpg ever, I'd love for them to do a sequel

Offline Late

« Reply #2297 on: October 28, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »
Next gen marketing is gearing up properly, now, with less than a month to go. (Pay attention, Nintendo - who I don't think have started marketing the Wii U yet, a year after it's release...)

Sony started with an advert 2 weeks ago, featuring the song "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed. Great artist, sad to hear he died over the weekend. Rest in peace.
Official PlayStation 4 Perfect Day Commercial

Another Sony advert was released back end of last week.
PlayStation: The Best Place #4ThePlayers to Play

Microsoft's first proper advert also appeared at the end of last week.
Xbox One: Invitation

I'm preferring the xbox advert, personally. (I'll concede I might be slightly biased, though.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2298 on: October 28, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »
As per usual, Infinity Ward won't be putting Nazi Zombies in their version of COD this year. They usually have something else in, but it's never been a patch on Zombies imo.

This year they've got something called "Extinction" - and they've released no details. Someone's uploaded a load of pics that suggest it's quite similar to Nazi Zombies, but fighting aliens instead - and it looks rather promising!
imgur

EDIT:
Now confirmed.
Official trailer
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:35:48 AM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2299 on: October 28, 2013, 02:36:23 PM »
Aiming to get disc 1 of Lost Odyssey done by the end of the week.. I think I'm about 1/3 way through at the moment (just about to fight the second boss).   Knowing how the game works with the rings and learning skills from the outset is a lot easier, although I couldn't be arsed figuring out how to start a new game plus, so I started from the basic levels and I had a bit of trouble beating that first boss again - he really is a tough cookie!

Offline harv

« Reply #2300 on: October 28, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
Apparently developers are having serious problems with the Ones OS and Live, and that it's likely to take months to get sorted out rather than weeks :o Means that launch games are struggling to pass certification apparently. :-\

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out if this rumour is true, although the source isn't Cboat so I'm not sure that I trust it.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2301 on: October 28, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »
Bollocks, had my first crash on lost odyssey, lost about 30 minutes, thankfully most of it was cut scenes, but still pissing annoying, should be done with disc 1 tomorrow I reckon  ;D
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fucking 'ell, crashed again at the same point.. this is not good... :(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:47:21 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2302 on: October 28, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »
Lol, it's looking like the PS4's online is going to be fucked on day one too if they don't pull their fingers out. Apparently PSN isn't working with PS4s at the moment either. Unless both Sony and Microsoft look lively we could be looking at both consoles launching with broken online systems. :o :-\ :(

Plus Smartglass is supposed to be fucked beyond all recognition too for the One, which isn't really a big deal for some but it did take up the fair amount of this year's E3.

Offline harv

« Reply #2303 on: October 28, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »
Have now added my Mum and Step-Father's zombiefied faces to my collection on ZombiU. Real shame you can't add them in-game lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #2304 on: October 29, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »
It seems Battlefield 4 is running at 1600x900 on the ps4, and 1280x720 on the xb1 - and the ps4 has a slightly better framerate too.
Might change before release next month, but it seems unlikely.

To be fair, it looks great on both. But if the ps4 is outputting 1.4 million pixels and is keeping a more consistent framerate than the xb1 which is only outputting 0.9m then it's a worrying sign.
 :(
eurogamer
youtube

In other news, Microsoft have signed some sort of deal with Jonathon Ross.
Ugh.
I've gone for the wrong console, haven't I.
dealspwn

Ah, but can the ps4 do this?...

Offline Late

« Reply #2305 on: October 29, 2013, 11:41:25 AM »

Xbox on.
Xbox, go to Wyse.
Xbox, play Wwwyse.
Xbox, WYSE!
Xbox, go to Wyse, son of Wome.

Xbox, play Cwimson Dwagon.
Xbox, go to Cwimson Dwagon.

Xbox off.

Offline jman

« Reply #2306 on: October 29, 2013, 03:49:26 PM »
Finished Disc 1 of Lost Odyssey.. bloody crash on the first disc was annoying - but got round it.. all treasures collected (I hope) and 8 hours in so far.. its flown by to be honest!

Will do a bit more tonight but will have to use my phone for the guide as I only printed off the guide for disc 1 and have to wait to go back to work to print the rest - it was 27 pages long lol

Offline harv

« Reply #2307 on: October 29, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
Brilliant late lololol ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2308 on: October 29, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »
lol... Sega have released Typing of the Dead Overkill today - which is basically a modified version of HotD Overkill

As a very niche game... I loved the first one.. I did buy it on the dreamcast with keyboard attachment and kept a pirate copy for the pc... but have just purchased the new one off steam as it has 50% off straight away - cant download fast enough lolol  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2309 on: October 29, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
Whoops, looks like Blockbuster have finally gone under and they're not honouring PS4 and One pre-orders...although anyone stupid enough to pre-order a console from them doesn't really deserve one lol :P ;D