https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681045 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2355 on: November 11, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
Lol, I'll be getting GTA V but will wait for the next gen version and get it for my PS4 next year. It's only a matter of time before they announce it imo. Although if they announce a Wii U version I'll get it for that due to the advantages the GamePad will provide. Pressing pause every time you want to see the map was a huge pain in the arse with GTA IV. Having the map on the touchscreen and being able to set waypoints without pausing the game is worth its weight in gold for me personally.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline larry

« Reply #2356 on: November 11, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
Cheers guys, I'll check them out.

Offline Late

« Reply #2357 on: November 12, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »
Playing Gran Turismo 5, using five 80" screens.

Source
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline larry

« Reply #2358 on: November 12, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »
I love GT5, still play it from time to time. Cant wait for GT6, which just happens to be released a few days after my birthday ;D

Having a steering wheel does make the game come alive, my g25 and wheelstand pro are the muts nuts

Offline harv

« Reply #2359 on: November 12, 2013, 06:18:27 PM »
That's pretty cool, Project CARS should be amazing with that setup, although you'd need a PC, PS4, One or Wii U to play it because the developers canned the PS3 and 360 SKUs because they weren't capable of producing good enough eye candy to meet their expectations.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2360 on: November 13, 2013, 03:14:14 PM »
Playstation Plus games for December:

ps4 - Resogun
ps4 - Contrast

ps3 - Grid 2
ps3 - Guacamelee

psv - Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
psv - GTA Liberty City Stories

(ps3 and psv games available from 27/11, ps4 from 29/11).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2361 on: November 14, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »
Sold all my latest ebay offerings.. quadrupled the offer GAME made.. £120ish instead of £30ish.. so definitely worth doing some things on ebay.. although got a bit stung by the postage - should of taken some time to research how much some of the stuff would of cost - for example I estimated £13 to send the guitar and Kinect - it cost me £13 to send the guitar alone lol  ;D  Although I did make some money off the postage of the other stuff I sent.. reckon I paid out a fiver extra in postage in the end - so nothing major.

Bit fucked off with Lost Odyssey - my fault really, but got to the end of ToE and decided not to save and go straight onto the boss as my party are hard as nails... I got royally trounced.. so I had to repeat some of the ToE to get back to the same point.. and did save this time.. but I've decided to come out of the ToE altogether as I need to buy a shit load of healing/revive/mana items and I need to level some of my characters up in easier fights - which means I've got to traverse ToE entirely again.. and its a fucking nightmare!  Wont have that achievement by tomorrow... but hopefully early next week.. its getting close now  :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #2362 on: November 14, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »
Just ordered another wireless sensor bar cos I dropped my old one and bust it and Georgie and Georgie chewed through my wired emergency backup >:(

Have downloaded Wii Sports Club (why haven't they called it Wii U Sports Club? Very odd!) and they've finally embraced online multiplayer. Only 2 games available so far, Tennis and Bowling, and I can see myself putting in A LOT of hours into bowling. Will also put in a shitload of hours into Golf when it's available. Plus Boxing is always a giggle lol :P ;D ;D ;D

You lot need to get a Wii U so we can have an SL competition going 8)

So glad they've brought the original games back because the Resort games were nowhere near as good imo, although I can see Nintendo bringing them all over to Club in time. I was just saying to someone earlier this year that I'd still be playing Wii Sports now, 7 years later, if Nintendo had got off their arses and included online multiplayer. Maybe someone working for Nintendo overheard me :o :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2363 on: November 15, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »
"Games with Gold" has now been confirmed as coming to xbox One in 2014.
No further news on what we'll get or when it'll start, but that's definitely good news. They need to step the program up now they're properly competing with ps+

Offline jman

« Reply #2364 on: November 15, 2013, 12:51:10 PM »
The Kinect Sports games are so much better than the Wii Sports games harv.. and not just saying that with an obvious bias to those consoles.. its true.. the only decent game on Wii Sports was bowling, the rest were absolute shite or boring.

Looking forward to Kinect Sports : Rivals - I think I'll pre-order it nearer the time, so glad Football is back on the menu, the first was so much fun (especially co-op) and I cant wait to see a refined version of it.  WakeRacing looks like an insane version of Wave Race 64 too which can only be a good thing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:52:52 PM by jman »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2365 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
I thought the Wii Sports baseball was fun.  :-[

Good to hear MS are bringing "Games with Gold" to Xbox One. Here's hoping they offer some good games this time around.

Offline Late

« Reply #2366 on: November 15, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
I quite enjoyed the Wii Baseball for a while, until I realised I was scoring better lazing on the sofa and flicking the wiimote rather than doing the proper motions. Bowling was good fun though. Never really enjoyed Tennis, Boxing or Golf.

Offline harv

« Reply #2367 on: November 15, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »
There's one huuuuge difference between Wii Sports/Resort and Kinect Sports - lag. Pretty important for sports games lol.

Bowling is definitely the best of the lot, never did like the baseball myself though. Boxing was great for drunken giggles and drinking games. The loser has to do a shot. Where's that devil grinning emoticon gone when you need him? lol

Golf had great potential but the motion tracking wasn't up to snuff, should be miles better this time around with MotionPlus, and you've got the added bonus of the GamePad showing the ball on the ground which is going to be cool 8)

My 1p purchase of Golf and Tennis has been cancelled, oh well...it was worth a go lol ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2368 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:17 PM »
So finally got that achievement  ;D

Bit fucked off though... going into my profile shows this ...

My OCD is going through the roof at this point...  ;D ;D >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #2369 on: November 15, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
Congratulations mate 8)
A very fitting send off for the 360 (though it's not going anywhere yet of course).