https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Taking a break.  (Read 2484 times)

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
Taking a break.
« on: February 16, 2023, 09:51:19 AM »
Hi all,

I will be taking a leave of SL at the end of next season. I am not really enjoying the game at the moment. I have tried to get back the groove attempting new tactics and other stuff but the motivation is just not there and I'm not really feeling this any longer. There is only so much one can take. I do applaud the long serving managers who have committed themselves for this game non stop for countless years but I just can not do it anymore. When one feels forced to log into the game to set up twice a day setting up 2min tactics and hoping for the best, that is when it's time to take a step back.

For this and after next season, I will only be playing friendly and division games. I might even drop down divisions if I wish to go on holiday mode or might even get a caretaker if somebody is interested.
I will continue to set up TCL/TEL/TEC/COC for the remainder of this season and the next but after that I will stop. If anybody would like to take my role in setting up these competitions, please do let me know or otherwise this will end. I will also pay out the winner of the AG memorial 10K for this season and the next but will not be sponsoring after that.

I will set up a few admins for the Telegram chat so there are no issues there.

Thanks.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline deca

Re: Taking a break.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 04:22:18 PM »
Hi Kush,

It's understandable, I've been feeling exactly the same way for quite a few seasons now, it's only loyalty to the game that has kept me going.
I've not been enjoying the game for quite some time, and that shows in my performances as I just cant put the effort in anymore

I've dropped one of my teams down a few divisions, and will do the same with my other team at the end of the season

May go on a looooooooooooooong holiday mode too,

I'll continue though to do the end of season rankings

Regards

Deca

Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 06:57:32 PM »
Hi Kush,

It's understandable, I've been feeling exactly the same way for quite a few seasons now, it's only loyalty to the game that has kept me going.
I've not been enjoying the game for quite some time, and that shows in my performances as I just cant put the effort in anymore

I've dropped one of my teams down a few divisions, and will do the same with my other team at the end of the season

May go on a looooooooooooooong holiday mode too,

I'll continue though to do the end of season rankings

Regards

Deca

Thanks Deca, perhaps we will both come back again in the nearest future rejuvenated and ready to take care of business.

I think I am going to try and hunt for a caretaker - I would rather this then let my players just die out in the low divisions because both my teams are competitive at the moment.
They both have over 100k credits and I would be willing for someone to take over. That's if they would like a new challenge, try my teams/conference I'm in.
If anybody is interested to caretake, please message me in game and I will make a decision at the end of the season. You will have full access and I give you permission to do whatever you want in my absence.  You can change formations, buy new players whatever you want, the credits are there.
Forum Admin

Offline Brads

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 07:28:49 PM »
It’s a shame that the fire has gone for you 2 guys but I totally understand as it’s took me several years and 3 or 4 failed comebacks before that fire appears to have returned but even then my fire hasn’t returned enough to setup afternoon games properly yet!

As 2 managers I respect and have had many great battles with it will be a shame to see you stop playing, hopefully a break will give you both time to miss the game and the people who play it enough to take it seriously again!

Enjoy your break and I may caretaker one of those teams when the time comes Kush as I have been considering a second team!
Sound me out when the time comes and maybe if I’ve decided to stay for good i’ll look after one for you, that goes for you aswell Deca if your looking for a caretaker I’d hate you guys to lose all your history like I have
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 10:06:59 PM »
Why don't you guys try SL2 for a few months? I've come back to SL1 for a break from SL2 and it's been refreshing to try and learn everything i've forgotten over the years. Change can be as good as a break sometimes  8)

Offline Brads

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 11:37:20 PM »
Why don't you guys try SL2 for a few months? I've come back to SL1 for a break from SL2 and it's been refreshing to try and learn everything i've forgotten over the years. Change can be as good as a break sometimes  8)

Is it any busier across there mate?
The lack of players took the fun out of firm games for me, playing the same 3 or 4 managers everyday multiple times became tedious!
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 07:55:07 AM »

Sorry Ty, I have no interest whatsoever coming over to SL2, I was never a fan of SL2 and never will be, felt like it was a money grabber and plus isn't there like less than 10 teams or something playing SL2 at the moment? I'm done with Sundayleague as a whole.
Forum Admin

Offline Gull

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 05:32:58 PM »
Yeah pretty much summed up where I'm at aswell Kush. Final nail in the coffin was Borg dicking around with the gold league benefits. Will be logging in each day to train my team but won't be setting up my tactics for a while, hopefully if my team improves in a couple of seasons I'll be back too. Problem is any idea to improve the game has been done to death, everything gets boring after a while.

Offline deca

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 04:57:07 PM »
Thank you for the offer Brads,

I may well take you up on that at the end of the season if the offer is still available, you are free to move my teams to any conference and any division.

I did try SL2 when it was first released but it was so different to SL1 and I just didn't like it.

I've been playing SL1 since 2003, so that's 20 years without a break, so it will be "Time to say goodbye for a while" and hopefully I can have a long break and come back re-inspired and hungry for success :-). As i mentioned, It's only loyalty to the game and the great managers involved that has kept me going over the last few years.

Would there be anyone willing to take on the end of season rankings & stats? it would help if I could hand over to someone with good Excel skills, so I can send the file and some instructions on how to update at the end of each season.

Cheers

Deca

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 09:16:09 PM »
Well....from reading this thread i don't know how either SL1 and SL2 still exist. Maybe the only answer is SL3?

Offline stupac

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 09:30:47 PM »
Maybe when this game inevitably dies, we all move over to a different game  ;D

I used to play Online Football Manager (OFM) and Soccer Manager years ago. A friend who still plays soccer manager says its pretty much gone the same way as Sundayleague, with 0 input from the devs in recent years  ::)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 09:54:39 PM »
Maybe when this game inevitably dies, we all move over to a different game  ;D

I used to play Online Football Manager (OFM) and Soccer Manager years ago. A friend who still plays soccer manager says its pretty much gone the same way as Sundayleague, with 0 input from the devs in recent years  ::)

Pitch Side Manager is pretty good for those who are patient

Offline deca

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 10:45:30 AM »
I've been playing Rocking Soccer for years,

It is a pretty decent game, and you get to watch your matches.

Top Eleven 23 is good too, with players from all over the world, but pretty expensive i you want to do well, will be quitting this soon,

Cheers

Deca

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2023, 02:03:58 PM »
Anyone play any different games like COD, Escape from Tarkov, FIFA etc?
Forum Admin

Offline stupac

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2023, 02:40:26 PM »
I used to buy FIFA every year to play Pro Clubs with a group of friends. Some of the best times I've had playing a game.
Pretty much just play single player games now, except Rocket League which is a blast. (Think football with rocket powered remote controlled cars!)  ;D
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United