https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171173 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2012, 07:25:40 PM »
She's 54, only 13 years older than my good self 8)

I'd make her squeal like a pig :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2012, 09:49:14 PM »
* Late has a mouth full of sick...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
I'm with Late, she's all yours Harv.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »
Blimey, she hasn't aged too well :o

Sod it, I still would :P

Edit: Have downloaded Tales Of The Unexpected on a free leach from TV Vault. Fantastic programme. Saw the first 2 series again a year or 2 ago so am watching series 3 at the mo. A fantastic programme, I love anthology series ;D

Another Edit: Completely forgot about Walter's word, 'vagenda'. Best. Word. Ever. ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:14:56 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »
Current favourite program is "Parks and Recreation". American mockumentary type program cut from the same cloth as 30 Rock.

First series was a bit meh (but there were only a handful of eps). I'm now approaching the end of series 2 (there's been 4 series so far) and it's fantastic.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
Red Dwarf X trailer

I think it looks brilliant..cant wait....

Studio Audience - check
Back on Red Dwarf - check
No Kochanski - check
A normal 6 episode series - check

:D :D

Only minor criticism - doesnt look like Holly is back  :(

Offline Late

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2012, 03:04:20 AM »
Damn but they look old. Not much you can do about that though.
Don't like Kryten's new head, but that's just nit picking.
Hope they don't screw it up like they did with Back to Earth...

The yanks have remade The Inbetweeners.
Way to take something that's great and morph it into something horrendous, MTV.

"1,435 likes, 55,717 dislikes" lol

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
Have started working through 'The Walking Dead' on Netflix and I'm hooked! The level of gore surprised me for a TV show. It's about time someone did a good post-apocalyptic zombie survival show!

Offline Late

« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »
You do realise you've set Harv off, now, and he'll tell us about the great Zombie tv shows from the 70s and 80s?

I read recently that Zombieland was originally supposed to be a tv show, before they reworked it into a film. Would've liked to see that.

I love The Walking Dead. AMC did a fantastic job, and the zombie deaths look awesome in high def. Didn't enjoy the second series as much as the first, but it was still great. If memory serves, I waited until there were only 2 or 3 episodes left to broadcast, then started watching them - thinking the last few eps will be ready by the time I've watched the 10 or so I've got... and then I watched them all in two nights and had to wait a week for each of the next few. ;D Compulsive viewing.

Offline bealec

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
I love The Walking Dead but seriously Carl STAY IN THE GOD DAMN HOUSE!!!

Offline Late

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »

Offline harv

« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »
Brilliant ;D Especially number 10 lololol ;D

I think the writers did that as a tongue-in-cheek tribute to all of the badly written zombie/alien/monster films that do exactly the same thing. Think it went over everyone's head though lol. The writing's too good overall to make it anything else imo.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2012, 07:56:46 PM »
I think my three favourite shows at the moment are:

Spartacus (and surpisingly not because of the copious amount of boobs). The fight scenes are extremely well choreographed and the injuries far more realistic (even if some of the SFX on them aren't perfect). I'd love to see the producers of the series do a Conan TV series, I think they'd finally be the ones to do a proper Conan if they did it with the level of violence that Spartacus has, with the proper cleaving of heads like ripe melons Howard so enjoyed.

Game of Thrones. Excellent adaptation of the books so far. A couple of very minor gripes but that is really nit picking. 

Walking Dead, again a pretty good adaptation and I think some of the subtle changes from the comic have been necessary for TV.

Also still like True Blood, Fringe and Falling Skies. Along with Castle, Supernatural and Grimm.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »
lol

Let's just say that things don't get any better for Carl, apart from some traumatic events before issue 83 of the comic but as to Number 7, well it wasn't his dad ...

... and I won't spoil it by letting you know the outcome of that one.

Offline styles

« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2012, 10:46:55 PM »
The main set for Game of Thrones is about 3 or 4 miles from my house  :o

They travel all over northern Ireland for locations, Im expecting cersei lannister to show up for tea some evening Haha!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.