https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171222 times)

Offline Late

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
Finally finished series 8 (pretty weak) and series 9 (very bad but not as awful as I remember), this week - so I'm ready for the new series. I don't have high hopes for it though.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
Might have to start watching those again, I missed a load of those when they were first on because of work commitments. I downloaded a load of them a few years ago to catch up but my hard drive decided to crap out and I lost them all. :o

I tend to go through hard drives very quickly due to having my PC on 24/7. :P

Might have to buy another Spinpoint drive, they're nice and quick and can take a fair bit of punishment.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2012, 08:09:33 AM »
Wow.. I thought the new series started off great... what a fantastic first episode.. really felt like the old red dwarf stuff.. kudos, did have a little niggling feeling it could be crap.. but I was laughing out loud watching it... great stuff!!

...didnt bother going to watch Taken 2 after reading some absolute garbage reviews of it

Offline harv

« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »
Bloody hell, I just realised there's a shitload of new series starting at the moment - Fringe, Dexter, Haven and Supernatural :o

Am in the middle of watching the first series of two of a programme called Dead Like Me and it's great. It's about an 18 year old girl who gets killed by a toilet seat plummeting from the Mir space station and becomes a Grim Reaper. The pilot was a bit pants but thought I'd watch the second episode just in case it got better and I'm really glad I did. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
New season of Supernatural has started well. First episode of S3 of the Walking Dead was excellent and season 5 of Sons of Anarchy has been superb so far. Dexter season 7 has been promising. Getting a bit ridiculous how Dexter keeps getting himself into and out of trouble and hasn't been caught yet, but I love the dark humour in the show. Episode 3 was very funny in parts.

Homeland S3, so far so good. Surely if the story continues to develop as it is, it has to be the end of it when S2 finishes, unless there is another twist.

Haven good. Fringe - interesting, hope they don't screw up the ending as it is the final season.

Revolution, interesting but can see it going the way of shows like Flashforward and being axed after its first season. Possibly the same with Last Resort.

Arrow started promisingly, I enjoyed it, but superhero shows don't seem to be doing too well at the moment.

666 Park Avenue and Beauty and the Beast ... nah! Not impressed with first episode of either.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2012, 11:41:04 PM »
Elementary, Chicago fire and arrow all start this week on sky, all look class.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
Am watching the second series of Grange Hill at the moment. A great piece of British television. Tucker Jenkins, Benny and Alan. Great stuff. Difficult to believe it was on so long ago!!! :o

Offline harv

« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
I'm in the middle of downloading Vampire Diaries, can't remember where I got to when I watched it before so I'm watching them all from the beginning again. But it's got me thinking - why haven't we had a British series about wampires..? The only one I can think of is Ultraviolet, which was excellent but got cancelled after the first series. The likes of Buffy, True Blood and Vampire Diaries are popular over here so why haven't BBC or ITV taken the plunge..? :-\

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
Elementary, Chicago fire and arrow all start this week on sky, all look class.

I mentioned Arrow, second episode was also good. It was initially commisioned for 9 episodes but it looks like it has been picked up for a full season run as one of the actors is apparently in strictly come dancing and is supposedly flying between Vancouver and Britain during filming.

Chicago Fire I've read about but not gotten around to watching yet. Elementary I'm a bit "meh" about.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »
Lmfao, am watching the second and final series of Dead Like Me. Someone appeared to be having a heart attack (turns out it was just a drill) and when someone ran off to get the office defibrillator the two pads were covered in melted cheese because someone had been using it to make toasted cheese sarnies lololol ;D ;D ;D

A really funny programme, it's brilliant ;D

Shame it only got two series >:(

Offline styles

« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »
First episode of arrow was class. Based on one of the dc comic characters. Loads of room for developing the story. If you haven't seen it, check it out!!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »
They are also readying Black Canary as a character to come into Arrow.

Second episode of S3 of the Walking Dead was also superb. Season 3 is shaping up superbly. My favourite shows at the moment: Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural, Arrow, Homeland, Dexter and Fringe. Followed closely by Haven and Castle.

Second series of American Horror story started okay.

Revolution and Last Resort are watchable.

Offline bealec

« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
So this Arrow is about a playboy billionaire who becomes a superhero. What's his name Wuce Brayne.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »
 ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »
So this Arrow is about a playboy billionaire who becomes a superhero. What's his name Wuce Brayne.

Lol. Excellent.

Work hard, be nice.