https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171147 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »
You also forgot the fact one wears a grey/black hood, while the other wears a green hood and both have a fondness for gizmos.

Doesn't change the fact the show is actually very good. So what if the Green Arrow and Batman could have gone to the same public school.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
He certainly looks more the part than the dweeby guy in Smallville.
Haven't watched any Arrow yet (nor the current series' of Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Homeland, Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Elementary, Chicago Fire, et al). As per usual I'm going to wait, so that I don't have to leave a week between episodes.

I did, however, watch the first three episodes of Red Dwarf a few nights back. Couldn't resist - I had to know if it was as crap as "Back to Earth", or if they'd actually done a good job - as several people insisted.
So pleased to see the reports are correct and the program's back on track - I thoroughly enjoyed episodes 1 and 3 (and 2 was decent). :D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »
You also forgot the fact one wears a grey/black hood, while the other wears a green hood and both have a fondness for gizmos.

Doesn't change the fact the show is actually very good. So what if the Green Arrow and Batman could have gone to the same public school.

I can't comment on the show as I haven't watched it. I just went for the cheap laughs  :D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
I did, however, watch the first three episodes of Red Dwarf a few nights back. Couldn't resist - I had to know if it was as crap as "Back to Earth", or if they'd actually done a good job - as several people insisted.
So pleased to see the reports are correct and the program's back on track - I thoroughly enjoyed episodes 1 and 3 (and 2 was decent). :D

Pretty much my view of it.

Episode 3 was great. Loved the Judas and Jesus twin thing. Nice to be able to take the pee out of a religion without people being threatened with death.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
The best piece of telly to take the piss out of religion is the two guys from This Morning With Richard Not Judy. They had Jesus as a big hippy and Doubting Thomas picking holes in mostly Christianity but Catholicism in general. Whenever he got stumped he used to come out with the 'Ah, but consider the lily...' line lol. It was brilliant. The BBC took them off the air when they basically took the piss ten times more than usual on Easter Sunday lololol ;D ;D ;D

It wouldn't surprise me if they got a shitload of death threats lol ;D

They also had a go at The Coors too, one of them had a Coors Shrine with pictures of them with the brother scribbled/cut out. And at one point he cut out shapes in black paper so they looked like they were wearing niqabs (those black ninja mask-type things that some Muslim women wear).

Bloody hilarious programme but no surprise they got took off the air, you wouldn't even get one episode airing these days lol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2012, 01:26:10 AM »
Ooh! Have just seen that Misfits is back! Nice 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
Have just watched a few things with Helena Bonham-Carter in recently. Not sure what she's looking like these days but she always used to be a right old hornbat. ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
I've always thought she was a bit strange to be honest, something not quite right about her. Not saying I wouldn't have though lol.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
Loving the new season of The Walking Dead. Such a step-up from season 2. I was jumping for joy when they finally left that damn farm.

What's the craic with the Governer and those heads though? :o Right weird. I'm at UK pace since the site I normally use to acquire new HD episodes at US pace is down and has been for a few weeks.  :'(

Offline harv

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
I've always thought she was a bit strange to be honest, something not quite right about her. Not saying I wouldn't have though lol.

I have no choice other than going for the strange ones unless I have copious amounts of Rohypnol about my person lol :P :-[ ;D

I'm about 20 minutes into the first episode of Grimm and am liking it so far. ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2012, 07:57:47 PM »
Loving the new season of The Walking Dead. Such a step-up from season 2. I was jumping for joy when they finally left that damn farm.

What's the craic with the Governer and those heads though? :o Right weird. I'm at UK pace since the site I normally use to acquire new HD episodes at US pace is down and has been for a few weeks.  :'(

Wait until you see the next episode. Absolute shocker but a brilliant episode, absolutely brilliant..

What annoys me the most is that the acting in the Walking Dead is pretty damn good but the actors will never get emmys for it because it is a zombie story.

Offline harv

« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2012, 08:45:45 PM »
Are you insane..? It isn't a zombie story, it's really happening over there. The Yanks have somehow managed to keep what's really going on quiet. But it's only a matter of time before we get the fuckers over here - 12th day of the 12th month, 2012. John Dee's Black Prophesy. It's happening :o :'(

What you're actually watching is a documentary.

You should all go down to the supermarkets and stock up on supplies before it's too late.

Offline harv

« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »
Appropriate Adult is on ITV3 at 10pm after Frost. A drama based on the West's serial killings, an excellent programme, highly recommended ;D

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2012, 12:09:52 AM »
*spoilers*

Wow, Drags, you weren't joking. That was one of the best episodes so far. I was holding back tears. :'( Not that I really liked Lori, but that was a really sad episode. You knew something really bad was bound to happen when Glenn said "Can't we just have one good day?", but I didn't expect to see two of the group depart. Like you say, superbly acted. I'm loving David Morrisey (sp?) as The Governor - brilliant actor.

Really interested to see where this season goes. I'm predicting an ephemeral stay for the incredibly po-faced black samurai lady.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
Really interested to see where this season goes. I'm predicting an ephemeral stay for the incredibly po-faced black samurai lady.

Michonne will be around for some time.