https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171191 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
I have not got a clue. I collected Marvel comics (and then some Image stuff as well). I was never a reader of DC comics.

Don't mind the films/tv stuff of some DC characters like Batman and Arrow, but I've always been on the Marvel side of the fence.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2012, 07:06:01 PM »
Have just caught up with Series 5 of Breaking Bad on Netflix... Gutted now as there are no new episodes 'till next Summer.  :'(

Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever watched, but it's also strange because I don't like the main character. At least, not since season 3 when he started to become a complete drip. The rest of the cast are excellent though.

Need to watch the last 2 episodes of The Walking Dead now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:07:40 PM by ancelotti »

Offline harv

« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »
Didn't realise that series 5 had finished. Excellent, will download that now, it's fantastic.

In terms of quality it's right up there with The Wire and The Sopranos...and it's Reggie's favourite programme too 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
It hasn't finished. It's on a mid-season break.  :P They only put the first eight episodes of Series 5 on Netflix recently.

Offline harv

« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:41 PM »
Aw bollocks, I wish they'd stop doing that over there :o >:(

Am watching the first series of Ancient Aliens, a programme from the History Channel. Quite interesting, particularly some of the ancient cave drawings and ancient ruins. The truth is out there :o 8) :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
Aw bollocks, I wish they'd stop doing that over there :o >:(

It's so bad that they even advertise mid season finales (as they did with the Walking Dead which has its mid season finale in America next Sunday) - I mean just wtf.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02:59 PM »
Looking forward to the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead now I've caught up on the last 2 eps. Although, just like Breaking Bad and every other US show, I suspect there'll be little action until the last 10 minutes. Then they'll leave us with a massive cliffhanger which we have to wait until next year to see how it pans out.  :'(

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »
*spoilers*

The mid-season finale of The Walking Dead was top draw. Watched it last night... that Tyreese bloke looks good. I'm told he's a fan-favourite from the comics so it'll be interesting to see where they go with him. The scene between Michonne and the Governor was brutal. The last scene wasn't much of a cliffhanger... as it showed Daryl running through the woods in the preview afterwards. Still, I wonder if Merle will survive (hope not).

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
Final episode of Homeland Season 2 is absolute must see. Holy crap it's a good episode.

Final episode of Dexter wasn't bad either.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »
Recently started watching Suits. Just got onto Series 2 and really enjoying it. It's a bit like House but with lawyers. Witty, smart, fast-paced dialogue etc...

Also got a sneaky feeling someone's got me a Mad Men boxset for Xmas... Would love it to be true... Christina Hendricks is an absolute goddess. <3

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
I'd rather have Christina Hendricks for Christmas.

(Hmm or maybe it should be Christina Hendricks is for life, not just for Christmas. lol).

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »
I'd rather have Christina Hendricks for Christmas.

(Hmm or maybe it should be Christina Hendricks is for life, not just for Christmas. lol).

Women don't come any more voluptuous. She's heavenly.  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »
Still loving Dexter, as evidenced by me watching eight episodes yesterday (as usual I left it until the series end then downloaded all episodes together) but the last few series haven't been as good as the first ones. And I'm fascinated to know what's going on with all the spray tan this series - especially on Deb. In some scenes she looks quite comical.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline styles

« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
Series 3 finale of boardwalk empire didn't disappoint.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2012, 04:22:59 AM »
Aw bugger, started watching series 2 of Homeland earlier and don't think I'm going to stop until it's finished lol ;D