https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171254 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »
Still loving Dexter, as evidenced by me watching eight episodes yesterday (as usual I left it until the series end then downloaded all episodes together) but the last few series haven't been as good as the first ones. And I'm fascinated to know what's going on with all the spray tan this series - especially on Deb. In some scenes she looks quite comical.

There have been a few comical moments in this season of Dexter. I was wondering if they were going to kill Deb off as she's no longer with him in real life.

Erm, no spoiler here, will they or won't they. You've only got 4 episodes to go to find out.

Will there be a season 8? I hope so. Be interesting to see where it goes.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
Just started watching series 7 of Dexter and he's trying to kick the habit lol ;D

Love this programme.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »
There have been a few comical moments in this season of Dexter. I was wondering if they were going to kill Deb off as she's no longer with him in real life.
Erm, no spoiler here, will they or won't they. You've only got 4 episodes to go to find out.
Will there be a season 8? I hope so. Be interesting to see where it goes.

Potential spoilers.

Lol - finished the series that day ;)
Don't like it that the program has deviated so far from the books but at least they finally corrected the one biggest mistake from series one. He's not supposed to feel love though, yet seems to do it all the time lately.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline styles

« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2012, 11:57:01 PM »
Not too sure about the season finale of homeland. Wasn't as great as id hoped
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »
Bought Backadder remastered, the ultimate edition in Asda for £17 last night. Bit of an impulse purchase but thought that was a good price. Just had a look and can't get it cheaper online. Play and HMV much more expensive. Happy with that.

Also bought Flashforward boxset for £7. I know it got cancelled after season 1 but still enjoyed it. Plus it clears a bit more hard disk space.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »
Dexter has been confirmed for season 8, and it starts in June. So it's even coming back early.

Apparently it will be the final season though.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:57:31 PM by Dragontao »

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »
Spartacus is back.

War of the Damned Episode 1.

Fun as ever. Blood and gore galore. A few naked women. Fantastic.

Offline harv

« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2013, 01:54:45 AM »
Have been watching Wicked Attraction on Netflix and it's pretty good. It's about couples who kidnap, rape and murder serially. Am quite surprised that more of these haven't been made into films tbh. The first episode of series 1 has and it was excellent, forgotten the name of the film now, will post it in the film thread later.

Wicked Attraction is definitely worth checking out if you have an interest in serial killers. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2013, 11:57:12 PM »
Banshee is an interesting little series, if you like a bit of gratuitous nudity and some good fight scenes with a lot of violence.

Hence, I'm quite enjoying it lol.

The Following has been good so far. Kevin Bacon is a former agent who comes out of retirement to catch a serial killer who has escaped and built up a cult following while he was in prison.

First two episodes of Spartacus: War of the Damned - very good indeed.

Offline harv

« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2013, 02:18:22 AM »
Have just started to rewatch Medium with Patricia Arquette, and it's reminded me that this is the ONLY telly programme with a child actor in it that I don't want to torture and kill lol. Their middle aged child is genuinely funny and cute with it. Unbelievable. :o

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #250 on: February 16, 2013, 12:45:12 AM »
Banshee is an interesting little series, if you like a bit of gratuitous nudity and some good fight scenes with a lot of violence.

Hence, I'm quite enjoying it lol.

Though I have to add, that nobody in the show seems to be able to shoot straight and, like many shows, the main characters never wear gloves but somehow never leave any prints or any other evidence behind them when they commit crimes.

Arrow is just as bad. The amount of times he has been wounded and left blood at a crime scene but never any mention of even checking to see what blood group he is, let alone DNA analysis. As much as I enjoy shows and try and suspend belief, a little bit of realism wouldn't go amiss.

Offline harv

« Reply #251 on: February 16, 2013, 07:22:45 PM »
Just started watching Arrow and quite like it. But yet again the firearms aren't realistic. He ended up using a baddie as a shield against a close range automatic weapon. Any decent researcher would know that the bullets would go straight through lol. :o ;D

I also have a big problem with the recoil on MP5s in these programmes, there's bugger all recoil on them because they're gas-suppressed. The lack of recoil is why they're the weapons of choice for the Dutch and German police.

Another thing that gets on my tits is the size of entry and exit wounds are never big enough. I saw a documentary about 20 years ago that showed the size of entry and exit wounds from different weapons and the exit wounds are bloomin HUGE. When a bullet hits a target the entry wound is larger than usually shown because the person's clothing enters the wound. And with the exit wound the bullet collects flesh, bone and organ parts on its way through. For a 9mm shell the exit wound should be around 2 inches in diameter if I remember correctly :o

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2013, 02:05:04 AM »
I'm studying forensic science at the moment (just something I'm doing for fun now while I'm taking time out from more serious study) and I have some lovely books on various forensic elements, one being ballistics, firearms and the pathology of gunshot wounds. Some delightful pictures in those. Plus I used to work in various military establishments and have fired a fair few British forces issue weapons. So, as I said, belief has to be well and truly suspended watching some of these programmes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2013, 12:07:50 AM »
*Spoilers*

So The Walking Dead is back... loving it, although the latest episode was very slow up until the last 10 minutes, which were excellent. I'm sure Rick's hallucinations worked well in the comics (assuming they were in there, haven't read them), but I'm not enjoying them all that much. It makes sense that he'd be struggling, what with everyone relying on him and all he's been through, but watching him stumbling around outside the prison is a bit boring.

It's a shame Tyreese's lot weren't let into the group, I liked what I saw of him and have heard he's a fan-favourite from the comics. It's good that Daryl has come back though, both he and Merle will surely be needed if they're going to stand a chance against Woodbury and the Governor. I had a thought recently that "The Walking Dead" doesn't just apply to the walkers, who have become a secondary yet constant threat this season. I can't wait to see where the writers will take the rest of season 3.

Also, it's the season 2 finale of Suits tonight (in the US). Season 2 has been brilliant. You can tell the show runs on a relatively low budget, but they make up for it with great acting/writing. All of the characters are three-dimensional and have been developed well so far. It's coming back for a third series which I'm happy about. New Breaking Bad and Mad Men to come in the summer too. ;D I'll give it to the Yanks, they know how to make good telly.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:10:14 AM by ancelotti »

Offline harv

« Reply #254 on: March 03, 2013, 09:22:26 PM »
Am watching a programme about the meteor strike in Russia. Pretty cool.