https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171191 times)

Offline Late

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #255 on: March 03, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »
Homeland spoilers.

Watched series two of Homeland this week. Still enjoyable, but not a patch on the first series - much too predictable. Series one everyone thinks he's a hero except our heroine. Series two transition. Series three everyone thinks he's a terrorist except our heroine. Oooh how imaginative.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2013, 10:25:17 PM »
Just watched the first series of Damages on Netflix and highly recommend it. Great television. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:35 PM »
Finally gotten round to watching Smallville. I've had the box sets for some time, or at least I thought I had all of them until I got to the end of season three and had to order season 4 off of WowHD before I could continue. Got 1-5 and 7 on DVD and 6, 8-10 on Blu-ray.

Been watching it about a rate of one season a week, with the pause while I waited for season 4 to arrive.

Just about finished season 6. Thoroughly enjoying it and it has slowly gotten better and better. At first, even though I was enjoying it, I couldn't help think that it was more like Spider-man, with Peter Parker's teen angst, crossed with some sort of super powered X-Files with the stories revolving around those infected by the meteor rocks. As it moves on and the Lex Luthor transformation brings a darker edge to it, it really got going (give or take the odd dross episode).

Walking Dead and Spartacus still very enjoyable.Arrow is on a few week break, but still enjoying that, even if it is a bit silly in places and the guy who plays the Green Arrow looks like somebody has starched his shoulder blades - really not a good actor.

Banshee and the Following still worth a watch.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:21 AM »
Watched the first nine series of Smallville but was finding it increasingly irritating after the first seven series or so. A few character changes too many, and the fact the useless twonk never seems to realise he can fly - despite waking up to find he's floating a foot or so above his bed a couple of times in the first series.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2013, 07:31:21 PM »
Watched the first nine series of Smallville but was finding it increasingly irritating after the first seven series or so.

Only just finished season 6 and starting on season 7, so I may find it gets sillier. That episode in season 5 or 6 where they introduced Aquaman, Erica Durrance looked bloody good in a bikini.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »
Have just started watching Rescue Me about a fire crew in New York and it's excellent so far. The lead character, Tommy, keeps on hallucinating, seeing and talking to dead people since 911. The characters are excellent so far. Definitely worth downloading/watching on Netflix.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2013, 08:41:26 PM »
The Walking Dead is building up to what could be a brilliant finale.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
Yep, looks like another change of director on the Walking Dead soon though. Apparently they want to take it in a different direction to the comic book because fans of the comic book know what's coming and they want to keep people interested.

I also think it probably has something to do with the fact that a lot of characters die and TV viewers seem to be very fickle about lots of cast changes and give up watching when their favourite characters die.

Offline harv

« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »
Here's a trivia question for ya - which character holds the record for the most times she's been named/referred to but has NEVER made an on screen appearance..? ???

Offline Late

« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2013, 09:38:33 AM »
That'd be God.

Too easy.

Offline harv

« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2013, 11:59:29 AM »
Nope, some people would have you believe that not only is god a real person, he's also male. We're talking about a woman here and she's been mentioned in plenty of different series...mainly cop shows.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »
Mrs Columbo?

Offline harv

« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »
Nope, but she's been referred to in cop shows all the time. Huuuuuuge clue there! :o

Offline Late

« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »
Is it Miss Demeanour?

Offline harv

« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »
Nope, it's Trace who works in forensics...she must be busy cos everyone sends stuff to her to process all over the world. She must be quite friendly though cos nobody uses her full name. Don't even know what Tracey's surname is. :-[ ;D

*Grabs coat and slinks off*