https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171203 times)

Offline Late

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
Both of my answers were better tbh...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »
nobody uses her full name. Don't even know what Tracey's surname is. :-[ ;D

*Grabs coat and slinks off*

::) ;D

Anyway, her surname is Analysis (either that or they were discussing her sexual preferences).
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »
Late I'm thinking of getting a 3D telly. What would you go for?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2013, 04:45:25 PM »
I'd wait if I were you, we're not too far away from glasses-free 3D tellies.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2013, 05:24:51 PM »
Have started watching series 3 of The Walking Dead, forgot just how awesome it is. In a lot of ways it's similar to Dead Space Extraction with regards to characters getting killed off. Any character can get killed at any given time. Quite refreshing for a telly series. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2013, 10:16:05 PM »
I'm completely in the dark on 3d tech mate. (One of the kids is blind in one eye so I try to ignore 3d entertainment - it'd be unfair on her.)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
Blimey, sorry to hear that mate :(

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2013, 12:51:59 AM »
The first half of Season 3 of TWD was excellent, but the last 2-3 eps have felt a bit like filler material to me. I know the season finale will be brilliant, but I hope this week's ep is a bit more than just build up.

Part of me misses Atlanta in Season 1, I'm getting a bit bored of just seeing the characters wander around the prison and Woodbury. I'm hoping Season 4 will show us more of what's going on elsewhere.

Offline harv

« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:16 AM »
Aw bollocks, thought there was only 13 episodes like the first two series. Going to have to wait a couple of weeks before it ends now. Bloody annoying!!! >:(

Offline styles

« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:55 PM »
I'm completely in the dark on 3d tech mate. (One of the kids is blind in one eye so I try to ignore 3d entertainment - it'd be unfair on her.)

Ok mate
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2013, 10:13:19 AM »

Ok mate

The trouble is that so much 3D is total crap anyway. 3D has become like other special effects, rather than enhancing films, in many cases the 3D just masks a bad film.

You'll also need to get a 3D blu-ray as well. Though they are pretty reasonably priced. I just have a bulk standard 2D Samsung though. I like the Samsung players.

I also can't be arsed with 3D glasses for watching tv. The odd film here or there is okay, but too much it ... no thanks. My personal opinion though.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »
The first half of Season 3 of TWD was excellent, but the last 2-3 eps have felt a bit like filler material to me. I know the season finale will be brilliant, but I hope this week's ep is a bit more than just build up.

Part of me misses Atlanta in Season 1, I'm getting a bit bored of just seeing the characters wander around the prison and Woodbury. I'm hoping Season 4 will show us more of what's going on elsewhere.

The new director is going to move it away from the comic books a bit apparently.

The filler eps were quite interesting as part of the story for me. Latest episode (ep 15) was very good. The ending was excellent. I won't give too much away, but felt sorry for Daryl at the end. I think he's one of my favourite characters.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
Renewal and Cancellation news:

Supernatural: renewed for Season 9
Arrow: renewed for season 2
The Following: renewed for season 2
Banshee: renewed for season 2
CSI (the original): renewed for season 14
Californication: renewed for season 7

Actually, forget the cancellations. So far nothing I watch regulalry seems to have been cancelled yet.

Offline Late

« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »
Arrow: renewed for season 2
The Following: renewed for season 2
Banshee: renewed for season 2
Nice. Haven't tried any of those, but will do in the next few months. Have got a few eps each of Arrow and Following downloaded. Hadn't heard of Banshee.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
Hadn't heard of Banshee.

It's ok, not great, typical cable show, full of violence and some sex (a very tasty Amish girl but the lead female definitely has not had a boob job lol). Preposterous storyline. But it's a bit of mindless entertainment. And really the hot Amish girl is worth a watch.  ;D