https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171130 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #285 on: March 30, 2013, 11:33:03 PM »
I've been rewatching Weeds, forgot how funny it was ;D Doug in particular is excellent lol.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #286 on: March 31, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »
Revolution got off to a promising start.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #287 on: March 31, 2013, 09:09:16 PM »
They split the first series in the US, first 10 episodes shown up to the end of November and it's only just resumed. I've quite enjoyed it, though it's not mind blowing, but worry it may go the way of Flash Forward and so many other sci-fi shows of its type (which have been better) and get axed before the real mystery is revealed and resolved, though they do reveal quite a lot by the end of the first 10 episodes. There are a few stupid moments.

It started off quite weakly in the ratings war, though it has picked up a bit, but in the trigger happy world of US tv, I'm not overly hopeful of it getting a second season.

I also hope they don't do what thery did with V, because they split it like that and called the first half of the series season 1 when released on DVD and the second half season 2.

Apparently NBC created a series of "prequel" webisodes which aired from 25th of Feb on NBC.com. I've not watched them or found them yet, but I think they'll also end up as an extra on the DVD box set.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #288 on: March 31, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »
Season 3 of Game of Thrones starts in the US tonight.

Not to mention the season finale of the Walking Dead.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #289 on: March 31, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »
GoT series 3 starts on sky tomorrow night.  :D
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »
I've read the books, so there aren't too many surprises, unless of course they change the story significantly.

Offline styles

« Reply #291 on: April 01, 2013, 08:01:36 PM »
They stay very faithful to the books which will actually be a bonus in later series as even Martin himself acknowledges that "a feast for crows" & "a dance with dragons" would have been better as one book.

Ive read them all too in case you were wondering lol

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #292 on: April 01, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »
Anorak. ;-p

I was amazed at how closely the first series follwed the book. Probably one of the truest adaptations of a book there's ever been.

Offline styles

« Reply #293 on: April 01, 2013, 11:55:36 PM »
Agreed although somewhat less surprising once you see that Martin's background is mostly in screenplays

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #294 on: April 02, 2013, 07:53:56 PM »
Yeah, I knew that, never really thought about it that way though.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2013, 01:23:21 AM »
*******SPOILERS**********

I found the Walking Dead finale to be a bit underwhelming. The first half of Season 3 was good, but the second half seemed to be made up mostly of filler material leading up to the grand finale. I was expecting an epic confrontation but it really wasn't all that. I was half-expecting a "shock" death. Maybe Herschel or someone like Beth who doesn't do anything (except sing). I thought Milton would die and Andrea's final moments were touching, but her death wasn't unexpected either. The Governor gunning down his people was a surprise moment, and at least we know he will probably feature again in Season 4 now after bailing. I'm also happy to see Tyreese survived.

Bit of a wait now until Season 4, but Mad Men is back on Sunday with Season 6 and Breaking Bad is still to come in the summer!  ;D ;D ;D It's amazing these fantastic American shows don't really take off over here. I watched the first two episodes of 'Revolution' last week as Sky have advertised it pretty aggressively. Nothing special. Mildly interesting but also a very weak cast, difficult to like any of the characters... (aside from Gus from BB!) I might download the rest of Season 1 just to see where it goes.

Offline Late

« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:14 AM »
I really enjoyed The Walking Dead.
As I hate waiting between episodes I waited until the series had finished, then downloaded them all and watched them earlier this week.

***** TWD SPOILERS FOLLOW! *****
Found season three to be MUCH better than season two.
The prison was great - much better than Hershel's farm.
Carl's nowhere near as annoying. The kid's got problems, but at least he's not as much a trouble magnet as he was, and is occasionally useful.
I never liked Lori - glad to see the back of her. Hope she's not in the next series. She's in s3 an awful lot for someone who's dead (ignoring the fact most of the people we see are dead).
Michonne is fantastic. Totally bad-ass with her samurai sword and her penchant for using mutilated undead as mules and camouflage.
Was nice to see Merle back - and I think that loose thread was tied up the only way it could be.
Hope we see the governor again some time (if we don't it's probably because he's found a living as a Liam Neeson impersonator) but I'd be happy for him to disappear and then make a surprise return in a couple of years' time.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #297 on: April 06, 2013, 09:09:13 AM »
I feel the same as Kenny. Underwhelmed by the finale. Felt like a bit of a cop out really. Everyone was expecting a confrontation between Rick and The Governor but the only people who fired on him were Glenn and Maggie.

Much as I didn't really care when Lori died (Was more annoyed at T-Dog's death) I didn't feel anything for Andrea. She turned her back on everyone this season and even after she found out The Governor was a freak she stayed. Plus we've seen the survivors get out of worse brushes with walkers (Glenn after he was captured by Merle) and she could've easily fought Milton off.

Plus everyone knows that if you're show has been commission for another season you always end on a cliff hanger. This ended with a namby pamby happy where Rick become Jebus.

Offline harv

« Reply #298 on: April 06, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
Ah, here's a question for you! What was the name of the cinema/telly series that was originally shown in cinemas in episodic form around the same time as Buster Keaton's Flash Gordon that had the protagonist wearing a mask and a rocket pack type thingy..? I was sure it was called Rocketman but can't find it on Wikipedia. ???

Not too sure why I started thinking about it tbh but would love to download it and watch it again.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #299 on: April 06, 2013, 03:25:20 PM »
Crabbe, not Keaton! :-[