https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171210 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2013, 10:15:41 PM »
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »
Cheers for the link but it's not mentioned :(

I used to love it when I was a kid. The guy had a rocket pack, a control panel on his chest with a couple of dials and a helmet/mask covering his face. It was brilliant. 8) :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2013, 01:02:02 AM »
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »
Quite clever but waaaay overpriced. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2013, 09:43:13 AM »
So three characters have been 'upped' to series regulars for The Walking Dead: Tyreese, Sasha, and Beth. Happy about Tyreese and his missus as I can see he and Rick being a good team. Not so sure about Beth. Apart from attempting to kill herself and then spending much of Season 2 in bed, she's done virtually nothing in Season 3. I would have promoted Carol and explored her relationship with Daryl more... There's clear chemistry there.

Apparently The Governor will be a regular in Season 4 too... I like him a lot, he's one of the best things to come out of Season 3 along with Michonne. I have to say I hope he's written a little more like the insane/evil Governor from the comics rather than a bit unhinged. Gunning down his own people was shocking and perhaps a glimpse of what's to come from him.

Offline bealec

« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »
I assume series regular means they won't die?

Offline harv

« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2013, 03:40:53 PM »
I assume series regular means they won't die?

I wouldn't bet on it lol. That's part of the beauty of the series, you never know who's next. Like I mentioned before it's pretty similar to the way characters were handled in Dead Space Extraction.

Offline bealec

« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
Oh Kenny it looks like Carol is a series regular after all. Her fans got pissed after she wasn't named amongst the three so she confirmed that she already is one.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »
Oh right, that's good then. It's odd that she isn't in the opening credits though. Hopefully she can be used a bit more in Season 4 as I quite like her. The Glenn/Maggie romance is so boring. The show needs Daryl and Carol to hook up!

It does seem to be the recurring characters that get killed off though. You can usually tell because they get more dialogue than usual in their final episode (Axel, T-Dog, Merle). Wouldn't surprise me if most of the Woodbury lot are used as zombie fodder or something early next season. Could do with another walker massacre.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:23:13 PM by ancelotti »

Offline Stato1

« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2013, 03:17:39 AM »
Ah, here's a question for you! What was the name of the cinema/telly series that was originally shown in cinemas in episodic form around the same time as Buster Keaton's Flash Gordon that had the protagonist wearing a mask and a rocket pack type thingy..? I was sure it was called Rocketman but can't find it on Wikipedia. ???

Not too sure why I started thinking about it tbh but would love to download it and watch it again.

It was called King Of The Rocket Men

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/r/rocketmn.htm
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:22:54 AM by Stato1 »
Leeds Legends FL1 Champions Season 32

Stato Leeds Again Moved To 1-1-4 While Rebuilding

Offline harv

« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »
Yesssssss!!! That's the one! Hopefully there's a torrent flying around (!!!) somewhere!

Offline harv

« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2013, 10:55:02 PM »
Has anyone seen In The Flesh..? Is it any good..? Am downloading it now ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2013, 03:31:36 AM »
Lmfao, was just in the gym in the Police Station and a cop on one of the running machines just asked 'Am I supposed to be able to hear my own kidneys..?' lololol ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #313 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:25 AM »
Final episode of Sparatcus was pretty good. Not the best episode of the entire 4 season run (including the prequel) but very good nonetheless. I won;t give away the ending but it was a kind of half way house between the two historical versions of Spartacus' fate.

Already have the first three seasons on DVD but I'm going to buy the lot on Blu-ray.

I really wish Starz would do a Conan the Barbarian TV series.

Offline harv

« Reply #314 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »
Lmfao, was just in the gym in the Police Station and a cop on one of the running machines just asked 'Am I supposed to be able to hear my own kidneys..?' lololol ;D ;D ;D

Oops, meant to post that in the video game thread lol.

Have just finished watching In The Flesh and it's excellent, hopefully we'll see a second series!