https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171129 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »
The only thing that I wasn't impressed with was that Sherlock Holmes is addicted to ciggies rather than heroine :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #331 on: May 02, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
Wouldn't being addicted to nicotine make more sense since it's a stimulant and would help him think, whereas heroin is a depressant (I think) and would therefore have the opposite effect.

Offline harv

« Reply #332 on: May 02, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »
Heroine addiction would be better because the original character is an Opium addict ;)

Sherlock Holmes in the original novels was a complete nutjob! Jeremy Brett has portrayed the most accurate Holmes so far, so much so that I wonder if he had never played Holmes in the 90s he might not have ended up in the looney bin :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline styles

« Reply #333 on: May 03, 2013, 08:03:45 AM »
Heroine??

Lmao
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #334 on: May 03, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

Makes more sense than heroin addiction, tbh ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #335 on: May 03, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »

Makes more sense than heroin addiction, tbh ;)

It's all well and good until he tries to grind em up and snort em.

Offline harv

« Reply #336 on: May 03, 2013, 01:59:08 PM »
Aw bollocks, always get the spelling of those two words mixed up lol :-[ ;D :-[

Offline harv

« Reply #337 on: May 03, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »
Good job I decided to watch series 4 of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix before I watched series 5 sitting on my hard drive. I seemed to have had series 4 flying under the radar and haven't seen it, was sure that series 4 was when they popped over to Ireland but that must have been 3. :o

Awesome series. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2013, 08:04:40 PM »
Sons of Anarchy started really well but i thought it went downhill.
Loved series one. Season two was okay. Thought series three was rubbish. Gave up after one or two episodes of series four.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #339 on: May 03, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
Series 3 wasn't great but it's improved immensely. You should carry on with series 4 mate, it's back to its best imo.

Offline harv

« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2013, 11:13:13 PM »
Have just realised that American Chopper is on Netflix. Nice! ;D

Some of the designs this guy comes up with are amazing :o

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
Might have to start watching Scandal. It appears to be doing very well at the moment in the US.

Hannibal has been doing poorly and looks like it'll be cancelled, so I'm kinda glad I didn't get into it. Although it's been generally acclaimed by critics so I'll probably download season 1 to watch even if it gets cancelled. Judging by the first 2 eps I watched, it could just be a bit too dark for the masses.

For the time being though I'm watching Banshee. 3 episodes in and I'm liking it.

Offline jman

« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »
Was flicking through tv channels tonight and saw Knightmare on challenge tv, apparently they are rerunning the first 2 series again starting from tonight, what an awesome tv show that was, my brother was on one episode, can't remember what series it was though, will have to ask him, all nostalgia'ed up now  :D

Offline Late

« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »
For the time being though I'm watching Banshee. 3 episodes in and I'm liking it.
Good call. I, too, am three episodes in and thoroughly enjoying it.

Tried one episode of "the closer" and couldn't get into it at all.

Offline harv

« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32:34 AM »
Really? I really liked The Closer myself ;D