https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171187 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2013, 05:49:24 AM »
For the time being though I'm watching Banshee. 3 episodes in and I'm liking it.
Good call. I, too, am three episodes in and thoroughly enjoying it.

I did mentiopn Banshee some time ago. You do have to suspend a bit of belief in some episodes though. Some good fight scenes, plenty of mindless violence and a few boobs. What's not to like lol.

Did I mention the Amish girl is HOT!  ;D

A few more shows cancelled:

Burn Notice: Ending after season 7.

Touch. Kiefer Sutherland not got a hit on his hands this time, Tim Kring (who wrote Heroes) doesn't seem to have the magic touch when attracting big audiences. Scripts seem too clever for America it would seem.

But Kiefer may not be off the screens too long as Fox may bring back 24! - I hope they go for my idea of having one set in London and the idea of seeing how Jack copes with our laws. "No Mr Bauer, you most certainly can't have a gun, here have a taser instead - and no using it to torture people".

Vegas scrapped, though probably never going to be shown over here. Watched the first few episodes a while back. It was okay.

Body of Proof (or daughter of Quincy as I thought of it) - scrapped half way through season 3.

Southland. Again, don't think it had been shown here.

A lot of new shows ordered (and I mean a lot) but these are a few of that have either piqued my curiosity or made me think "ugh, no". Some have only had pilots ordered and may never make it to full production:

Marvel: Agents of Shield is in development and due to premiere on TV in December 2013. Could be interesting. A few people signed up who have appeared as SHIELD agents in the Iron Man/Thor/Avengers/Captain America movies. Not sure what they'll do about Nick Fury though as I doubt very much they'll get Samuel L to play the role on TV.

Almost Human: A show written or produced by JJ Abrams, starring Karl Urban (Dredd, Star Trek) - about cops who have android partners (buddy cop show - hopefully it's better than it sounds)

The Tomorrow People (yes for those of us old enough to remember it that Tomorrow People). America has decided to reprise the idea. Could be okay or it could turn into a horrible teen romance story as it's being made by the CW who do like the smoochy stuff (though they make Supernatural and Arrow too so they aren't all bad).

The Hundred: A post-apocalyptic drama about 100 juvenile delinquents that are released to the surface of a wildly changed Earth, with the survival of the human race entirely in their hands (also by the CW).

Believe (executive producer JJ Abrams): A drama that follows a gifted young girl and a man sprung from prison who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power (hmm, sounds a bit like Touch on the surface and that description) - but read on:

Levitation, telekinesis, the ability to control nature, even predict the future… Since she was two years old, Bo has had gifts she could neither fully understand, nor control. Raised by a small group known as the "True Believers," the orphaned girl has been safeguarded from harmful outsiders who would use her forces for personal gain. But now that she is 10, her powers have become stronger, and the threat has grown more dangerous. With her life and future now in jeopardy, the "Believers" turn to the only person they see fit to be her full-time protector. That is, once they break him out of jail. Tate, a wrongfully imprisoned death row inmate who's lost his will, is initially reluctant – until he witnesses one of her extraordinary abilities. Bo sees people for who they truly are… and who they may become. Tate and Bo begin their journey, one in which trust must be earned. Traveling from city to city, every place they stop and everyone they meet will be changed forever. But they’ll have to keep going to stay one step ahead of the sinister forces after Bo's power… because it will take a miracle to keep them safe forever. The powers of a young girl may hold the fate of our world in Believe (okay so not Touch but more like Carrie meets Firestarter).

I predict it will be a show that runs for one or two seasons and gets axed with no decent ending.

Chicago PD - a spin-off from Chicago Fire - might be good but, dammit, why can't they just bring back HSB if they want a decent cop show.

Crisis: An emotionally charged, action thriller. It's field trip day for the students of Ballard High School, a place that educates the children of Washington, DC's elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players and even the president's son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis. Now with some of the country's most powerful parents at the mercy of one vengeful mastermind, the question arises: How far would you go and what would you become to ensure your child's safe return? With so many parents and dignitaries put into play with nowhere to turn and no one to trust, this unthinkable scenario grows from the select families at risk to an entire nation at stake.

The Blacklist: A drama about the world's most wanted criminal, who turns himself into the FBI and offers to give up everyone he has ever worked with in exchange for working with a newly minted agent whom he seemingly has no connection.

Mind Games: (Christian Slater is one of the main stars). Brothers who run an agency committed to solving clients' problems using the hard science of psychological manipulation. One is a former professor and a world-renowned expert in the field of human behavior. He has a checkered history due to bipolar disorder, which sometimes results in quirky, manic episodes. The older brother is a slick con man who spent time in prison.  Each in their own way knows what makes people tick. - Sounds like a cross between the mentalist, lie to me and Rain Man.

Ironside: Yes really! The wheelchair bound 70's cop is back, only he's no longer a somewhat rotund white guy, but a skinny black guy.

Latest shows to have their renewal confirmed:

Grey's Anatomy renewed for S10
Castle renewed for S06
Revenge renewed for S03 (it's taking a long time to get revenge)
Once Upon a Time renewed for S03
Defiance renewed for S2
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:52:01 AM by Dragontao »
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »
A shame Touch has gone, I really enjoyed that. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #347 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:55 PM »
Thanks Drags - have added a few of those to my watchlist.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #348 on: May 12, 2013, 09:40:37 PM »
Have started to watch the second series of American Horror Story. Awesome. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2013, 09:05:15 AM »
Have started to watch the second series of American Horror Story. Awesome. ;D

Series 2 was a big disappointment. Hardly what I'd call a horror story. In fact, by the end I thought it was a pile of poop.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2013, 03:23:15 PM »
Is it set in the same house as the first?
Quite enjoyed the first series (mainly for the (sometimes*) sexy maid, tbh) and I have the second series but I've not looked at it yet.

*it's the young redhead I like - not the old bird with one eye, before you say...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
Nope, it's set in a looney bin in the 60s. Am about two thirds of the way through now, and Ian McShane is in it. One of my favouriteaactors. Not very horrorish but is entertaining all the same.

Offline harv

« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
The main problem I have with it is the [spoiler]alien abduction[/spoiler] bollocks. Really can't understand why they included it tbh. A very bizarre decision. :-\

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #353 on: May 13, 2013, 09:47:28 PM »
and Ian McShane is in it.

The episode where he's Santa was one of the best. Very funny (well if you're a sick bastard like me it was funny lol).

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02:07 PM »
Another new show that could be one to watch is "Intelligence". About a man gifted and cursed with a top-secret experimental microchip implanted in his brain that makes him computer-like in the way he sees and processes information. Starring Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost).

Teaser trailer for SHIELD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pFZE3W1SF_Q

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2013, 10:46:09 PM »
All the US networks seem to have had a huge clearout this time around. Hopefully it pays off and we get a few new quality shows to watch.

Offline harv

« Reply #356 on: May 13, 2013, 11:05:58 PM »
Aw bugger...I thought we could use spoiler tags on these boards..? :-\ :-[ :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2013, 11:08:04 PM »
Did I see Summer Glau in that trailer..? She's a right hornbat...although she does appear to be a bit of a weirdo going by the characters she plays in all these things lol.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
Did I see Summer Glau in that trailer..?

No, she's not in the cast list either.

Offline harv

« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
Aw that's a shame, she's bloomin gorgeous :(