https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171182 times)

Offline Late

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #375 on: June 25, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »
lol - that was on when I switched over to tv for a short while last night (in between watching Sopranos episodes from s1 on the media player).
I know what you mean. I wanted to turn it over and I wanted to avert my eyes from the screen, but it wasn't easy!
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Momo

« Reply #376 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:10 AM »
Jesus Christ, is anyone watching the man with the 10 stone testicles?  am making my gf watch it in hd, lol, we're both finding it disturbingly fascinating  :-\

Check out the follow up coming next week on Channel 4,' The Woman With The 12-stone Fanny'. It’s a programme about Nigella Lawson’s hubby.

Offline harv

« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »
Lol, am watching the 9th series of Tales of The Unexpected...back in the days when £20,000 was a shitload of money. You could buy a fucking house for that :o :o :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »
Don't know if anyone watched it last night but I watched Nick and Margaret: We All Pay Your Benefits.. quite interesting.. personally I thought everyone on it was just a sponger and felt sorry for none of them.. lol.. *cough* harv  :P

Offline harv

« Reply #379 on: July 15, 2013, 09:54:25 PM »
Have been watching a programme called Breakout Kings and it's excellent, shame it only ran for 2 series before they canned it.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2013, 07:59:54 AM »
Don't know if anyone watched it last night but I watched Nick and Margaret: We All Pay Your Benefits.. quite interesting.. personally I thought everyone on it was just a sponger and felt sorry for none of them.. lol.. *cough* harv  :P

did you catch it last night when the roles were reversed? old luther

Offline harv

« Reply #381 on: July 24, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »
Have just started watching Life on Netflix and it's great. About a cop (played by the guy that's the sleeper terrorist in Homeland) who gets life imprisonment for murders he didn't do and is released 12 years later when they realise he didn't do it. Since being incarcerated he's got a Zen outlook on life. It's excellent ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #382 on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
Must get around to finishing that. I watched the first series and about three eps of s2. They only did two series so I should really finish it off...
Can't remember why I stopped watching. Might've been the annoying lisps.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
Wow. I downloaded a dramamentary from 1984 called Threads about what would happen if a nuclear attack hits the UK and it's pretty disturbing so far :o Very well made, this sort of thing should be shown in schools.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2013, 01:24:02 AM »
Have been watching a programme called Breakout Kings and it's excellent, shame it only ran for 2 series before they canned it.

I really enjoyed Breakout Kings. The episode with T-bag from Prison Break was excellent. Serinda Swan is pretty damn hot too (she's in a new show called Graceland I think, have not watched any of it yet). Shame it got canned.

Have just started watching Life on Netflix and it's great. About a cop (played by the guy that's the sleeper terrorist in Homeland) who gets life imprisonment for murders he didn't do and is released 12 years later when they realise he didn't do it. Since being incarcerated he's got a Zen outlook on life. It's excellent ;D

I was lauding this show when it first aired. I even wrote to ITV to tell them to get it. They did (though I doubt it was on my say so lol) and stuck it on ITV2 at stupid o'clock. Bought both series on DVD.

At least they gave it an ending of sorts when they new it was being axed, even though there were a few threads and loose ends not tied up. I liked the fact they didn't try to explain everything, like when he took the battery out of his phone, no need to tell the viewers that it was so it couldn't be tracked through GPS. Some very funny moments in it too. One of my all time favourite cop shows.

Watched the first few episodes of Ray Donovan, not bad so far. Final season of Dexter has started okay. Falling Skies still pretty good, I think it has been renwed for season 4.

Under the Dome is worth a watch. 13 part mini-series based on the Stephem King book of the same title. King himself is involved in the show. They have re-wrtitten parts of it (including amalgamating a few of the charactrs), extended the time frame of the story and altered the ending apparently, but he has okayed it as it worked better for TV. So, even having read the book, I'm not sure what the ending will be. I was actually a bit disappointed with the ending in the book, so I'm hoping this will be better.

Speaking of Stephen King, the sequel (book) of the Shining is released later this year.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »
Those of you with Netflix might want to check out the Secrets Of The Dead series if you like historical documentaries. Watched the Churchill one and it was great. Over a thousand dead Froggie seamen because of one arrogant Froggie naval officer with absolutely no common sense. Unbelievable. :o

Wonder how things would have turned out if the French had given us their Navy to use and the Yanks didn't join the War when they did..? The Krauts might have beaten us to the nuclear weapon without the Yanks and that doesn't bear thinking about. :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
Decided to start watching The X-Files again, one of my favourite programmes...even though they went Super Soldier on us like so many writers did around that time when they started to run out of ideas lol ;D

star

« Reply #387 on: August 21, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
I lost the X files at about season 5 and rejoined at the end. May well be worth another look. Just downloaded the new arrested development so looking forwards to giving that a look.

Offline harv

« Reply #388 on: August 23, 2013, 09:16:41 PM »
Hey drags...Beverley Hills Buntz is now available on TV Vault! 8)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #389 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:42 PM »
Awesome, cheers Harv. Been looking for that for ages.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.