https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171157 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #405 on: October 05, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
Have you tried registering again..?

Yep, can't.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »
Dexter Season 8:
Shame Dexter is over with. Not sure I'm disappointed with how they ended it or not. Love the show though and the cast was great.

Sons of Anarchy Season 6.
Has started really strongly. Thouroughly enjoying it so far.

Homeland Season 3
Started off quite well, interesting to see where this goes.

Under the Dome.
Renewed for a second season after the initial 13 episode first season. Worth a watch if you haven't been already. Some pretty major differences to King's book.

Walking Dead
- is apparently getting a spin off series, the idea being that the main characters are not the only survivors struggling on a daily basis, giving fans of the comic book something which they don't really know how it ends or what is supposed to happen next.

24:
Day 9 will be made over 12 episodes and set in London. Which is something I said they should do ages ago. It could be be really interesting, seeing how Jack copes with Britain's s gun laws and our namby pamby legal system.

"sorry Jack, you're under arrest, you can't just go around torturing terrorists you know, it's just not on"
"But they have a nuclear bomb, they're going to blow up London"
"that's all well and good old bean, but you should have asked them nicely to tell you where it is"

Either way, it will be good to have Jack Bauer back.
 . Either way, it will 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
A good start, very watchable, plenty of action, plenty of humour. Great cameo at the end of Episode 2.

This site might be useful for some if they don't already know about it:

http://stream-tv.me/

Though if you want unlimited access, it's not free, but useful if you've missed the odd episode of something here and there.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2013, 04:30:59 PM »
Have you tried registering again..?

Yep, can't.

What does it say when you try? Something about no new members being accepted, try again later..? I've got a couple of invites handy if you want to PM me an email address.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »
Yep, something like that. Will do. Cheers Harv. Shame about my ratio though :-(

Offline harv

« Reply #409 on: October 05, 2013, 07:42:56 PM »
Easy to get that ratio back though, there's always loads of freeleech stuff available on there. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »
You haven't PMed me your email address yet drags!

Have just started watching a series with Kevin Bacon (who's looking very old these days!) called The Following. It's about a serial killer obsessed with Poe. Brilliant so far and the second series is starting in January.

Offline harv

« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
Have been watching the second series of Chuck, really funny in places ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #412 on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »
Season 4 of the Walking Dead has been excellent. Mid season finale was superb (in my opinion).

Sons of Anarchy has been enjoyable, if a little bit silly.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Still seems to lack a little something and I think there's a very good chance it will get axed, although a lead in to the next Avengers movie might save it. Worth watching for Chloe Bennet though.

Supernatural: Still going strong, great mix of humour and action/supernatural stuff. Very likely to be renewd for a 10th series, which is amazing considering how close it was to being axed after the 5th series.

Almost Human: Watched the first 3 epidoses now. Love it. Great humour and rapport between Karl Urban and the actor (can't think of his name) playing his Android partner Dorian.

Home land has really jumped up a notch in the past couple of weeks, Brody is finally back. Building to an interesting Finale. I do wonder how many more series they can eek out of the story though. It has been renewed for a 4th. I just hope it doesn't get silly like Prison Break did by trying to drag out the same story.

The Tomorrow People: Has been panned by some critics, but I actually like it.

Arrow: Still enjoying it. Development of the characters seems to have stalled a little bit though and I can't decide if I think the stuff with the Island is getting a bit silly.

It will be interesting to see the new Marvel shows being lined up for Netflix. Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones (a strange choice) and Daredevil. Hopefully being on Netflix means they'll make them a bit harder hitting, especially Daredevil and I hope they do Daredevil in the Frank Miller mould.

Offline harv

« Reply #413 on: December 13, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »
I used to love Daredevil when I was a kid (no prizes for guessing why lol). ;D

Am watching the second series of Continuum at the moment and really enjoying it. Anything to do with time travel always gets a thumbs up from me. Would be bloody great having a time machine :o 8)

They're filming the third series now and it's on in March next year, can't wait!!! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2013, 01:08:50 AM »
Now watching the 5th series of Damages and have to say that Glenn Close's character Patty Hayes has to be my favourite character I've seen in years. She's probably the most conniving, manipulative bitch I've ever seen on television :o

Brilliant stuff! ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »
Final episode of season 3 of Homeland.

Well I won't post any spoilers as it doesn't air in the UK until this Sunday, but let's just say it seems pretty final and neatly wraps everything up. It has been renewed for a 4th season, but it's hard to see where they go with it, as it would mean a completely new story arc, which may dent its popularity as people have become invested in the characters, though I can how they could possibly get around certain things to include certain people in the 4th season.

Offline harv

« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »
Will have to download that now that series 3 has finished, I loved the first two.

Those of you that liked that series might want to check out Sleeper Cell which is also good. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »
Loved series 1 of Homeland, but found the second a bit stale. I think it was pretty clear that series 2 was just paving the way for series 3.
I'm 3 or 4 episodes into s3 now and it's certainly better than s2 - but isn't a patch on the first series.

Started watching Agents of SHIELD a few days back. It's okay, but I've reached that stage where I'm now playing games or browsing the interweb and focussing less on what's happening on the telly. Will carry on watching for now, as our lass quite enjoys it, but I could happily live without it.

Watched the first episode of Psycho. Meh. I can take it or leave it. Seems to be more for the kids.

Couldn't get into Arrow. Gave up after two or three episodes.

Under The Dome was okay - has potential, despite some of the characters being incredibly annoying.

Quite enjoyed the first series of Ray Donovan. Looking forward to the second series of that.

Most of the way through s1 of Orange is the new Black. mediocre scripting and acting but fairly sexy lead character and lots of lesbianism. What's not to like?!

Started watching NCIS Los Angeles from s1 recently. I'd watched the first 2 series a few years back. It's not the most engrossing of TV, the acting and scripts aren't the best (and the main bird's eye has a very distracting and disconcerting birthmark mark on it) but if you want to zone out in front of action scenes, pretty people, and glorious climes it's a winner.

Have downloaded the first half of The Walking Dead s4. I intended waiting until the series finished, but I just can't do it.

Rewatched the first 2 series of Sherlock recently. Series 3 starts on New Year's Day. (Only three episodes, as was the case with the previous two series.)

Gave up on The Returned (Les Revenants) after a couple of episodes.

I should watch Breaking Bad, really. I watched series one (and maybe s2?) back when they were first broadcast, and enjoyed them, but our lass isn't keen. I've downloaded all eps, though, ready to watch...

Bored with recent tv, so I'm now toying with rewatching Heroes and Buffy - although it's not all that long since I last watched them, and revelling in rewatching mediocre tv from yesterday whilst eschewing mediocre tv from current times is a bit Harv.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2013, 05:01:31 PM »
Walking Dead has been very good late. Mid season finale was a cracking epiisode.

Almost Human has been quite enjoyable so far, some might not like it but Karl Urban is very good and he and the guy playing the Android, Michael Ealy (who reminds me so much of one of my best friends it's uncanny) are building up a really good rapport. It also has Minka Kelly in it, and she;s not displeasing on the eye. Some very funny moments amongst some good action. The sci-fi is very much secondary to the fact it's a buddy buddy cop show, albeit set in the future, Lethal Weapon meets Robocop.

Sons of Anarchy season six finished on a high (depending on how you look at it).

Can't believe the Beeb axed Ripper Street. Personally thoroughly enjoyed that show.

Offline harv

« Reply #419 on: December 28, 2013, 10:34:06 PM »
Just watched the last episode of series 8 of Dexter. Not happy with the way it ended >:( :'(