https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171125 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »
Yeah, they clearly wanted to leave the possibility of bringing the show back. Overall, I'm a big fan of Dexter. We cou,d do with a few real life Dexter's  ;D
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2013, 10:11:33 PM »
Yeah, they clearly wanted to leave the possibility of bringing the show back. Overall, I'm a big fan of Dexter. We cou,d do with a few real life Dexter's  ;D

Don't give me ideas... :P ;D :o

Plus I won't be interested in watching now that a certain female character has gone :'(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2013, 10:57:21 PM »
Dexter - Easily one of the worst endings ever.

The Walking Dead Season 4 has been an improvement on the disappointing Season 3 so far.

Season 3 of Homeland was a slow burner and I think that has to be it now. The story has reached its conclusion. I love Carrie but I feel the show really missed Brody this season and won't survive long without him if he doesn't return somehow.

Not much on at the moment that I'm into, so I've been working through my boxset of The Wire. Love the scene from Season 1 where they manage to examine an entire crime scene and reveal its story using the word "fuck".  ;D ;D

Can't wait for Suits, Hannibal, TWD and Game of Thrones to return in 2014!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:00:06 PM by ancelotti »

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #423 on: December 31, 2013, 10:30:47 AM »
Don't give me ideas... :P ;D :o

I've alsways said that if I get a terminal illness, there will be a lot of people who find themselves in the grave before me. I have a list prepared ...

... though I'd get a few scumbags as well.

Plus I won't be interested in watching now that a certain female character has gone :'(

Deb? Nah, she was entertaining, but not hot.

Or are you talking about Charlotte Rampling, we know you like a granny.  :P

Season 3 of Homeland was a slow burner and I think that has to be it now. The story has reached its conclusion. I love Carrie but I feel the show really missed Brody this season and won't survive long without him if he doesn't return somehow.

I agree entirely but it had already been renewed for season 4 halfway through season 3. They did leave the Brody situation hanging (pun definitely intended). Normally they'd leave the body hanging there for a few days for the crowd to gawp at. What the producers did was cut away from the death scene, we don't see Brody's body after that.

They have definitely left it open for Brody to be ressurected should they need to. They didn't tie the noose to break the neck, as would be the case for a humane (as humane as hanging gets) execution, but left him to strangle to death. Common practice in the past if an executioner didn't like the person being hanged, no quick death with a broken neck.

The writers will simply have it that he was cut down immediately after the hanging and revived.

I don't think they should, the show has reached its natural conclusion. But that's the trouble with American TV, trigger happy when killing off shows early, but then when they proove to be successful they will flog a dead horse until everybody becomes sick of it and they make the show stupid (i.e Prison Break).

Finally got round to watching the first episode of the Blacklist. Promising.

I;ve also started watching Spartacus again from the beginning. Love that show.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #424 on: December 31, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
Homeland s3 was definitely a lot better than s2 for me, but I still think it would've been better if they'd done only one series. Like they should've done with Prison Break. And Lost. And possibly Heroes. (No, that last is wrong. They were right to try to continue Heroes - they just did a bad job.)

Enjoyed the first half of Walking Dead s4.

Didn't like the ending of Dexter, but it's not the worst ending US telly has forced on us. It certainly beats Lost, Sopranos, and Quantum Leap, off the top of my head.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #425 on: December 31, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
Yup, was talking about Deb. Don't know why but there's something about her that floats my boat. Probably cos she swears as much as I do lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #426 on: December 31, 2013, 11:36:21 PM »
Didn't like the ending of Dexter, but it's not the worst ending US telly has forced on us. It certainly beats Lost, Sopranos, and Quantum Leap, off the top of my head.

Six seasons down the drain with the cop out ending of Lost. I had a much better idea they could have used, which would have needed to thread througout the series.

I still have not seen the final episode of Quantum Leap. I'm now thinking maybe I shouldn't. I have every episode somewhere on disk.

... and yeah, Sopranos.

Endings I quite liked. Cheers. Final episode finishes with Sam turning a customer away and saying "we're closed". One of the best comedy shows ever.

Offline harv

« Reply #427 on: January 05, 2014, 07:45:43 PM »
Just downloaded Greatest American Hero, awesome series. 8)

Used to watch it on Saturday mornings with my Dad in the 80s and we both used to love it. Forgot that they changed the name of the lead character partway through the series after Hinckley tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan lol ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:29:56 PM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #428 on: January 18, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »
Fucking hell, I've been watching episodes of Hawaii Five-O every now and then and have just seen someone that's a spitting image of the guy that's Walter's brother-in-law from Breaking Bad! Can't be him though, surely..? That was 46 years ago!!! Going to have to check this out on imdb.com because he's either got a doppelganger or has hardly aged a day in nearly 50 years...could be proof of aliens at work :o :o :o

Offline harv

« Reply #429 on: January 18, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »
Nope, it's not him...the earth is safe - for now :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #430 on: January 23, 2014, 09:58:11 PM »
Have started watching the US version of Being Human, only 3 series so far but the 4th is currently being aired over there. Much better than the UK version for one simple reason - the fucking werewolf in the UK version never stops whining and has a real fucking annoying voice when he does so. If I had a gun I'd track the actor down and fucking shoot him.

Have missed the last 2 series of the UK version for that reason.

And the ghost in both are equally hot too which is a bonus. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »
Wow, the US version is soooooo much better than the UK one. The werewolf and a better looking girlfriend for him in the US version makes all the difference. The UK werewolf has such an annoying whiney voice and screams like a girl when changing. No whiney voice and screams like a bloke in the US version plus his girlfriend is much fitter.

Great stuff! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #432 on: February 06, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »
Have been continuing my watching of old series of The Bill. Am on series 9 at the moment. A fantastic programme back in the day, although it did go downhill when they changed it from being a drama series format to more of a soap sort of format, it became less about nicking villains and more about who's shagging who. That was around the 2000s if I remember correctly, am still in the 90s at the moment.

Offline harv

« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »
Am continuing my trip back to the 90s with Casualty. Am on series 6 from 1993. Difficult to believe this was 21 years ago. Missed a lot of telly in the 90s due to spending 12 years or so drunk :-[ so it's good to catch up with stuff I missed due to my drink problem.

Offline jman

« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »
Really looking forward to the new 3 part series of Jonathan Creek that should be airing later this month.. bit of a Creek Geek here  ;D 8)  Trying to find the actual air date, but nothing given yet.

Also a new Only Fools sketch on 21st March for Sport Relief.. been working my way through the whole set for the last month now building up to it.. up to the end of series 7 at the moment.. think there was only 1 special that I had never seen before... it truly is the best sitcom ever made.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:10:22 PM by jman »