https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171139 times)

Offline ancelotti

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
Anyone looking for a new show to watch should check out True Detective... Kind of a noir murder mystery series. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are brilliant as the two lead detectives. 4 episodes have already aired in the States and it begins on Sky Atlantic on Feb 22nd.

Offline harv

« Reply #436 on: February 23, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »
Am continuing watching The Bill, on series 10 now, and have just seen a pub I used to drink in every now and then. The Salisbury on Green Lanes, used to live in a flat a couple of doors down. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »
The funniest thing about watching these programmes from 20 years ago are the size of the mobile phones lol. And the difference in wages too are quite frightening. I'm now watching Casualty from 1994 and a top bod in the casualty department has just left to work in the tobacco industry for 25K per year. 'Twas a ridiculous amount of money back then but bugger all money to be earning these days. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »
So spaketh the dolewaller.
I earn significantly less than £25k.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #439 on: February 28, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
Well 'bugger all' was an exaggeration, it's probably near the average salary these days, my point was that watching these programmes is an eye opener with regards to how different economics are these days. A character in Casualty was gobsmacked that this bloke would be earning that much, 25K back then was probably the equivalent of 75K or maybe even more these days.

It's the same with watching any old film or telly episodes with regards to robberies, even as much as a million quid these days wouldn't get blaggers that far lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #440 on: March 05, 2014, 01:05:29 AM »
And I forgot about computers lol. Someone is searching a hard drive back in 95, "This might take some time, he's got a 1GB drive here!" lmfao ;D ;D ;D

Back then that was a fucking HUUUUUGE hard drive lol, biggest you could get and they cost a fucking bomb lololol :o ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #441 on: March 09, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
Good to see criminals turning their lives around. Apparently Luther used to be a criminal in 1995, although you would have thought that the police would do a CRO check before employing people :o ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #442 on: March 20, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
Am now watching series 3 of Game Of Thrones and this series gets better and better...although there isn't quite as much boobage so far as there was in the first two...but I'm only a few episodes in so I'm sure that will get sorted sooner rather than later lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
Ugh!!! :o

Am re-watching series 2 of Falling Skies now, forgot about the part where they took the parasite thingy out of Tom's eye. Where's a puking emoticon when you want one lol

Offline harv

« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2014, 11:26:06 PM »
Awesome! Series 2 of Orange Is The New Black is starting in 6 weeks time! Nice ;D 8)

Some of these Netflix Original series are pretty good, but I'd love them to bring back telly series that have been canned in the past. Just imagine if they brought back Firefly, that would be a licence to print money. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #445 on: April 30, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »
Am re-watching the latest Battlestar Galactica, forgot how good it was and how much of a Hornbat Number 6 is. I'd certainly betray the human race for a bit of rumpy pumpy with that lol ;D :P :-* :-* :-*

I don't normally go for blondes either cos I love women with big brown eyes but there's something about her that says 'Hubba! Hubba! Hubba!'. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #446 on: May 01, 2014, 09:51:18 PM »
Fox have axed Almost Human. Damned annoying, it had better ratings than the Following, which was its lead in, but they still axed it. The rapport between Michael Ealy and Karl Urban as the two main characters was superb.

Ah well, 24 is back very very soon.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #447 on: May 01, 2014, 09:55:50 PM »
Meanwhile they just can't stop coming up with yet more reality shows and trying to come up with the stupidest ideas for them they can.

I give you "Singing in the Rainforest". Yes seriously.

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-42045

They can't keep decent scripted shows alive either side of the Atlantic, but they just keep churning out shit like this. Unfuckingbelievable.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #448 on: May 02, 2014, 08:30:29 PM »
Fox have axed Almost Human. Damned annoying, it had better ratings than the Following, which was its lead in, but they still axed it. The rapport between Michael Ealy and Karl Urban as the two main characters was superb.

This is the sort of thing that Netflix should be jumping on imo. An axed programme with decent ratings would be ideal for them to pick up. There are plenty of series like that around - Almost Human, Caprica, Alphas, Firefly...the list goes on and on.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #449 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:32 AM »

This is the sort of thing that Netflix should be jumping on imo. An axed programme with decent ratings would be ideal for them to pick up. There are plenty of series like that around - Almost Human, Caprica, Alphas, Firefly...the list goes on and on.

Yep, and as they effectively like a cable channel, their ratings requirements aren't as high. The 4 new Marvel series they have in the pipeline will draw in a lot of extra subscribers too.

The only problem I could see is where a show like Almost HUman has a fairly big name in the lead (Karl Urban) it might exceed their budget and the star might not want to drop his salary if he can get work elsewhere.

I hope Netflix pick up the Tomorrow People if it gets axed. I've enjoyed it.